Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Eoin Kearns and Cotter have to stay involved regardless of who steps in . Lots of potential between the two .

GAA-SMART

High Fielder

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 22, 2019, 03:29:15 PM
Wrong Kearns I am talking about Eoin not Liam.

I feel the need to apologise for being rude to you above. I understand where you're coming from, and if all things were as they were last year, I couldn't see how we could go for a Laois coach. However, it has become clear that certain players won't be around next year, and in those circumstances, it might be best not to go wasting money on big names. A coach from Laois would at least know who we could potentially turn to if we don't have our best available.

GAA-SMART

After the hurling minor rumours, suppose the minor footballers are going to get Jim Gavin once he gets this 5 in a row business out of the way.

I hear Liam Kearns is genuinely a live contender for the senior. I said him on here a few weeks ago but on reflection it doesnt inspire massive confidence.

les Antiques

Unlikely now an appointment will be in place before the quarter finals which is disappointing.

les Antiques

Anyone hear of the Ciaran Deely contact ?

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbu

Hard to see Ciaran Deeley in Laois, he is a full time coach at QPR.  Logistics won't work.

les Antiques

Yes he' is currently Sports Scientist at QPR but he was touted for the Wexford Job  before Galvin got it . He's open to approachs by all accounts.

GAA-SMART

Think Minor Football Manager nominations close tomorrow. Anyone any idea who might be in ? In terms of seniors, heard it might be wrapped up next week.

South Laois man

If the search for a senior manager is to be wrapped up next week, I'm sure somebody on here would have an idea of who is in line for it

Zooming around

Luke Dempsey seemingly in the running

redsetanta

If that were the case I think many of the older players will call it a day. Couldn't see them having much appetite for him after the Sugrue term.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

South Laois man

Luke Dempsey!!!!!!! For f*ck sake!!!!!!!! Surely not. The county board wouldn't do that to us surely??????