Fundraising

Started by AZOffaly, August 23, 2016, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I know there was a topic on this already, but I can't find it so apologies.

Anyhow, we are trying to do the fundraiser where the pitch is marked off into squares, and a ball is dropped from a helicopter/cow shite in the field whatever. So far so good.  I know some people have run it whereby they print off all the square references in scratch card format, and you buy a scratch card to reveal 'your' square.

We want to try and extend it to our diaspora, and therefore host it online from our club web page. Has anyone done anything like that before, and if so did ye write bespoke software, or did ye use some sort of off the shelf app customised?

Basically we'd like to show a picture of the pitch, and allow people to pay online, while at the same time allowing for the physical scratch cards to be sold in shops etc. Any ideas?

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 23, 2016, 01:36:17 PM
I know there was a topic on this already, but I can't find it so apologies.

Anyhow, we are trying to do the fundraiser where the pitch is marked off into squares, and a ball is dropped from a helicopter/cow shite in the field whatever. So far so good.  I know some people have run it whereby they print off all the square references in scratch card format, and you buy a scratch card to reveal 'your' square.

We want to try and extend it to our diaspora, and therefore host it online from our club web page. Has anyone done anything like that before, and if so did ye write bespoke software, or did ye use some sort of off the shelf app customised?

Basically we'd like to show a picture of the pitch, and allow people to pay online, while at the same time allowing for the physical scratch cards to be sold in shops etc. Any ideas?

Is this 'a thing'?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Boycey

Haven't got my head around exactly what ur aim is, are you talking hundreds or thousands of tickets? At a cost of €1/2 or something more substantial?

https://www.myclubfinances.com/

These boys provide online services but not exactly sure if they are what you need.

johnneycool

How about dropping a cow out of a helicopter, that'd be a novel take on it

Jinxy

That's cruel.
It'd be better to have the cow in the helicopter shitting out the door.

5 Sams

Quote from: johnneycool on August 23, 2016, 02:14:13 PM
How about dropping a cow out of a helicopter, that'd be a novel take on it

;D
The Aristocrat Years

ashman

Three good ones I see lately

White Collar Boxing night
Strictly come dancing
Putting a cow in a field and where select where  he shits wins a prize .  Sell square feet .

Jinxy

ashman

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2016, 03:18:38 PM
Quote from: ashman on August 23, 2016, 03:02:00 PM
Three good ones I see lately
Putting a cow in a field and where select where  he shits wins a prize .  Sell square feet .
Bullshit

Finding same

The Iceman

Middletown GAC did a WWE type thing with great success...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jinxy on August 23, 2016, 02:30:19 PM
That's cruel.
It'd be better to have the cow in the helicopter shitting out the door.
If the cow in question was Katie Hopkins it wouldnt be cruel at all.

JimStynes

Any new ideas floating about? Strictly, boxing etc are all a bit played out now.

Also, any good small fundraisers? Ran a golden goal one there lately. £10 per ticket. It's an easy £500.  Heads and tails at a dinner dance is another easy one.

Would love to run 3 big fundraisers next year and 10 of the smaller £500/600 ones.

AZOffaly

We did a night at the dogs. Money for Jam. People sponsor a dog for €50. The track give you tickets for €10 a head, and you keep €6. 13 races x 6 dogs x 50€ = 3,900 before you ever sell a ticket.

rosnarun

Ballinamere durrow in offaly have a very simple one, Promote a concert .  they have the HIGH Kings in the Tullamore court hotel 20th January 2017. a lot of work goes into tickets ,they did it last year as well and made a packet. could be a real money maker if a club had its own facilities.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

manfromdelmonte

Night at the Dogs is easy to make money on
all the sponsorship makes a lot of money before anything is even run

I've heard of LipSyncs bringing in good money.
Same with a Monster Bingo night

Clubs need a continuous 50/50 draw or something to have a steady stream of income.
People don't like being hit for event after event