A full house at Nowlan Park - for football?

Started by dec, November 11, 2015, 09:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

Have been involved with county minor football team who have played in Nolan Park ,fantastic pitch and now top class dresing rooms . Understand Laois's gripe over the venue should they win but i think they do ok when it comes to having games , lots of neutral games get played there . It will give a chance to the football people in Kilkenny to witness the All Ireland champions playing in their hq. Might start a revival in their football scene   !!!

deiseach

twohands!!!

Quote from: The Insider on November 12, 2015, 11:45:50 PM
Have been involved with county minor football team who have played in Nolan Park ,fantastic pitch and now top class dresing rooms . Understand Laois's gripe over the venue should they win but i think they do ok when it comes to having games , lots of neutral games get played there . It will give a chance to the football people in Kilkenny to witness the All Ireland champions playing in their hq. Might start a revival in their football scene   !!!

Or more likely will cause a lot of Kilkenny folk to think they made the right decision turning tale and dropping out of the Leinster Football Championship when they see the scoreline.

Rossfan

Quote from: deiseach on November 13, 2015, 08:53:56 AM
Quote from: The Insider on November 12, 2015, 11:45:50 PM
Might start a revival in their football scene   !!!

I'm going with !!!.
Could be the beginning of the end of hurling as we know it ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

Quote from: Canalman on November 13, 2015, 10:13:55 AM
Never saw the aura of Thurles either. A place that hasn't seen a lick of paint in decades.

I'm not a big fan of idea that there is something special about Thurles. A venue is mostly the sum of the people who attend it, and I've encountered some right clowns there over the years. I've probably been the clown on occasion as well. However, to say it's the same as it has been for decades is unfair. The Old Stand has been been improved immensely in the last two decades with proper food options and decent toilets, and the area in front of the New Stand has also been spruced up. Most importantly, there are battalions of people on match day cleaning up where once everything was left where it was dropped. I doff my cap to Tipperary people on that score, and me praising that lot is saying something!

Hound

Really looking forward to this.

I remember losing to Laois "down the country" in 1981, one of my first championship games. And many better days travelling around Leinster after that.

Leinster quarter-finals should never be in Croker. Every team should have to earn the right to play there, especially with the draw being seeded.

Never keen on 7pm throw-ins on a Saturday though. Would have much preferred 4 or 5.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: deiseach on November 12, 2015, 05:01:31 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on January 02, 2015, 12:15:48 PM
I've been saying for years that Dubl$n will ruin Gaelic Games as we know it. With the millions that's been pumped into developing their players it's been made it impossible for most counties to compete. Some counties have found a short term solution, they've spent huge sums on their senior teams. They wont be able to do this forever and it means that counties with very little money are miles behind those that do.

Quote from: Teo Lurley on September 03, 2015, 12:57:56 PM
Dublin county board vote to have their games played in Croke Park every year, where are you getting this willing to travel nonsense from? Crowds wont be going to Leinster matches at all if the situation is let continue. Central funds are not allocated appropriately.

Quote from: Ranga on November 12, 2015, 04:45:05 PM
After next year they wont have played an away match in over a decade!

::)
It's his wont to write won't as wont if he wants.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

deiseach

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 13, 2015, 02:22:31 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 12, 2015, 05:01:31 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on January 02, 2015, 12:15:48 PM
I've been saying for years that Dubl$n will ruin Gaelic Games as we know it. With the millions that's been pumped into developing their players it's been made it impossible for most counties to compete. Some counties have found a short term solution, they've spent huge sums on their senior teams. They wont be able to do this forever and it means that counties with very little money are miles behind those that do.

Quote from: Teo Lurley on September 03, 2015, 12:57:56 PM
Dublin county board vote to have their games played in Croke Park every year, where are you getting this willing to travel nonsense from? Crowds wont be going to Leinster matches at all if the situation is let continue. Central funds are not allocated appropriately.

Quote from: Ranga on November 12, 2015, 04:45:05 PM
After next year they wont have played an away match in over a decade!

::)
It's his wont to write won't as wont if he wants.

That's wanton.