Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Quote from: balladmaker on September 25, 2019, 09:22:32 PM
My car was parked at a packed GAA field carpark directly behind the goals.  A high ball went over the netting behind the goals and landed right in the middle of the car bonnet.  Brought the car to a body repair shop, was told the car needed a new bonnet, with an all in price of £550.

Now the car is on a PCP deal which runs out next April.  I intend in handing the car back at the end of the deal.  My question is should I pay the £550 to get the car repaired, or just land back with it to the garage and see what they will charge ... anyone have any experience of returning a damaged car on a PCP deal? Thanks.

Yes, that was an expensive club game to attend!

Was it Armagh clubs playing?  If so, I can see why you'd think directly behind the goals was the best place to park it!

balladmaker

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 25, 2019, 09:32:27 PM
My car was parked at a packed GAA field carpark directly behind the goals.  A high ball went over the netting behind the goals and landed right in the middle of the car bonnet.  Brought the car to a body repair shop, was told the car needed a new bonnet, with an all in price of £550.

Now the car is on a PCP deal which runs out next April.  I intend in handing the car back at the end of the deal.  My question is should I pay the £550 to get the car repaired, or just land back with it to the garage and see what they will charge ... anyone have any experience of returning a damaged car on a PCP deal? Thanks.

Was it Armagh clubs playing?  If so, I can see why you'd think directly behind the goals was the best place to park it!

Yes, but only one car park to choose from, and that was behind the goals.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: balladmaker on September 25, 2019, 10:14:24 PM

Would the host club's insurance cover such an event?

trailer

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 25, 2019, 10:16:32 PM

Are you f**king serious? I'd be embarrassed to approach the club and ask to claim against their insurance.

general

Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2019, 12:27:05 PM

Are you f**king serious? I'd be embarrassed to approach the club and ask to claim against their insurance.

Fcuk them - they are fast enough to charge. The Gather All Association can afford it. thats what their insurance is for. By the way if they say to you about the sign they may have in the car park "We take no responsibility for any damage bla bla bla" this is actually incorrect as that type of sign will not stand up in court.

their insurance will cover.

trailer

Quote from: general on September 26, 2019, 01:31:26 PM

Fcuk them - they are fast enough to charge. The Gather All Association can afford it. thats what their insurance is for. By the way if they say to you about the sign they may have in the car park "We take no responsibility for any damage bla bla bla" this is actually incorrect as that type of sign will not stand up in court.

This is the new Ireland. Someone else will pay, it's what insurance is for. It's not my responsibility. f**k them.

Last Man

Heard Jarlath Burns say on Off the ball that it takes the revenue generated from one of the AI final days to cover the Players injury scheme alone. Public liabilty can be a crippling cost for clubs, drive through the gates of any GAA club, your car could get hit with a ball, that we have to accept. Either that or park out on the road and take your chances there.  If a wall or a post falls on top of it thats another story.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2019, 03:26:50 PM

This is the new Ireland. Someone else will pay, it's what insurance is for. It's not my responsibility. f**k them.

That well may be the case but clubs need to be aware that those fogra signs aren't worth the tin their painted on.

Tony Baloney

It's LITERALLY the point of insurance.

Ambrose

Is a secondhand bonnet an option, have a look on ebay. £550 for a new bonnet fitted and painted seems quite reasonable.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

supersarsfields

How important is the splash guard under the engine. Mine cracked and came down and has broken in bits. I've removed it now to stop it trailing of the ground but is it an essential to replace?

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 26, 2019, 04:53:32 PM

No it's not. The person parked his car BEHIND GOAL POSTS and it got damaged by a football. You're advocating that he claims off a charity for the damage. Someone will pay, either directly or indirectly through enhanced premiums.
If I parked my vehicle in a field and cattle damaged, it should I claim off the farmer and owner of the field?

Ridiculous.

Ball Hopper

The designated parking place was not safe.  Valid claim.

Last Man

Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2019, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 26, 2019, 04:53:32 PM

No it's not. The person parked his car BEHIND GOAL POSTS and it got damaged by a football. You're advocating that he claims off a charity for the damage. Someone will pay, either directly or indirectly through enhanced premiums.
If I parked my vehicle in a field and cattle damaged, it should I claim off the farmer and owner of the field?

Ridiculous.
Agreed, what happened that people no longer want to take responsibility for their actions. The way this is going they will have to fully cover the pitch in some kind of netting or easier still, no cars at all in the car park.

Ball Hopper

System put in place to prevent damage.  System inadequate.  Valid claim.