Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

As I said in the thread Cavanagh in my opinion was Tyrone's second best ever player behind peter  the great but he is letting himself down a bagful coming out with all this crap about Mickey Harte. Sean was not a saint on the pitch either. How is the book going down in Tyrone lads?

Tyrone Gaa

Cavanagh obviously felt MH hung out to dry when writing his book over the 2009 Cork game.  That could be argued Mickey used this to promote his book by questioning his best player in his prime years. Cavanagh is right to give his version, he didn't shout back at the time and go to the papers about how MH stitched him up.  Sean put his head down and played football.

I wouldn't agree with all of whats in the book from the newspaper quotes I've read so far but I wouldn't be critical for him telling his side.

P.S Any PDF's going about, message me  ;)
Living the dream!!!

Ethan Tremblay

Don't see what people can complain about.  He has released a book and giving his version/opinion of events.  I wouldn't have looked at before, but so far it seems to give more of an insight behind the scenes than most other sports books probably would. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Thebigdog

Sean Cavanagh is a frustrated figure and why wouldn't he be? Since 2010 Harte has Tyrone playing this short kick out, blanket defence, slow build up rubbish and it has definitely affected Sean s game. Sean Cavanagh will go down as a Tyrone great up there with the best. Harte and his pet pig Gavin Devlin most certainly won't.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 15, 2018, 10:13:39 AM
Sean Cavanagh is a frustrated figure and why wouldn't he be? Since 2010 Harte has Tyrone playing this short kick out, blanket defence, slow build up rubbish and it has definitely affected Sean s game. Sean Cavanagh will go down as a Tyrone great up there with the best. Harte and his pet pig Gavin Devlin most certainly won't.

A man that has overseen a counties only 3 all Ireland wins will not go down as a Tyrone great. Catch yourself on!

lenny

Quote from: gaafan2 on September 15, 2018, 10:21:46 AM

A man that has overseen a counties only 3 all Ireland wins will not go down as a Tyrone great. Catch yourself on!

He will be remembered as a good manager who got lucky with a group of great players. His record since the great players retired has been poor.

trueblue1234

I don't even think you believe that Lenny.  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on September 15, 2018, 03:39:45 PM

He will be remembered as a good manager who got lucky with a group of great players. His record since the great players retired has been poor.

He's won literally everything he could have won as a manager across every age level. He will go down as one of the greatest managers to ever manage the game.

Thebigdog

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 15, 2018, 10:26:53 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 15, 2018, 03:39:45 PM

He's won literally everything he could have won as a manager across every age level. He will go down as one of the greatest managers to ever manage the game.
Your definition of greatness is different from mine. I may have tipped my hat pre-2010 but his legacy and reputation as a manager/coach has went down since.

Thebigdog

Well done the Tyrone girls today. Very ruthless from the start and the fourth goal was a brilliant bit of team play. Also big shout out to manager Gerry Moan who not so long ago was getting death threats( so he said)  from the red hand defenders but today ran on the pitch to embrace them at the final whistle.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Snapchap on September 16, 2018, 10:46:37 PM

Back in August, 'therealdonald' asked someone to name southtyronegael. The next post was from 'thebigdog' saying he didn't care if someone named him. http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=2312.msg1836863#msg1836863

In other words, the idiot replied to someone under the wrong one of his two accounts. And he still is too yellow to even admit having set up two anonymous accounts for abusing named GAA people.

He has not just abused people online, but been PMing totally unproven accusations about a named Tyrone player for allegedly making sectarian comments at a Monaghan player.

A while back I posted a facebook screengrab of a facebook comment (with the name blanked out) of what I believed to be his own facebook profile. He actually confirmed in a reply that it was his comment, so his identity is known.

If you are going to repeatedly anonymously abuse named people, it's only fair that you should have the balls to use your own name to do so.

Will the admins finally deal with STG/thebigdog or will his name have to be posted here? If the former doesn't happen very soon, the latter will.

Southtyronegael/thebigdog making that schoolboy error and proving it is just one idiotic buffoon (rather than two) remains the funniest own goal on this board. Won't be long til he does something as stupid again. Thick as shite. Just look at his grammar.

In hiding

quote author=Snapchap link=topic=28297.msg1762205#msg1762205 date=1513352242]
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 14, 2017, 08:39:36 PM
No matter what you think of Geldof his actions and subsequent publicity have brought the issue of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar to the Board.

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is named 'Bob Geldof' and absolutely no discussion anywhere in the last few days has been about the Myanmar situation. It has all been about Bob Geldof. Which is exactly what Bob Geldof was aiming to do with this whole stunt.

An egotistical, hypocritical lowlife. He is just beneath contempt. Full credit to DCC for showing him a well deserved middle finger.
[/quote]

Hopefully Bob Geldolfs family aren't easily offended

Snapchap

Quote from: In hiding on September 17, 2018, 11:54:19 AM
No matter what you think of Geldof his actions and subsequent publicity have brought the issue of ethnic cleansing in Myanmar to the Board.

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is named 'Bob Geldof' and absolutely no discussion anywhere in the last few days has been about the Myanmar situation. It has all been about Bob Geldof. Which is exactly what Bob Geldof was aiming to do with this whole stunt.

An egotistical, hypocritical lowlife. He is just beneath contempt. Full credit to DCC for showing him a well deserved middle finger.

[/quote]

Do you think Bob Geldof or his family reads gaaboard? Jesus wept.

In hiding

Quote from: Snapchap on September 17, 2018, 11:55:33 AM

[/quote]

Ah now lad, surely that's not the point. For someone who is a staunch opponent of faceless people criticising others on the internet, you actually seem to be a bit of a hypocrite

Snapchap

Quote from: In hiding on September 17, 2018, 12:00:26 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 17, 2018, 11:55:33 AM

Ah now lad, surely that's not the point. For someone who is a staunch opponent of faceless people criticising others on the internet, you actually seem to be a bit of a hypocrite
[/quote]

A poor effort. I've repeatedly stated that I resent "named GAA people". Again, do you think Bob Geldoff reads gaaboard? Away and cop yourself on.