Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

We need a minimum of 2 more hurling GDA's

We also need in the primary schools,parish leagues and an extension of the CnB program to include 3 and 4 class.

Each club needs to put a director of hurling in place to drive an agreed vision of the game,we have too many people in underage coaching positions in clubs who are willing but need direction as they aren't immersed in the game.

One example I see on a regular basis 15 v 15 games in training at u8's and u10 level,complete waste of time,small sided games are what's needed.

redsetanta

Was anyone down in Wexford yesterday to see our senior hurlers put up that brave display? As someone else mentioned it's good to see us raise a couple of green flags. No mean feat to run Wexford so close irrespective of their position in the table.
Cha back at centreback was a bold move and as Eamon Kelly said there was no one breaking through the middle as easily as against Limerick
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Laois V Kerry 7pm next Saturday evening in O'Moore Park.

Spread the word and get people to attend. Very important game and they deserve the support.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

hurlingmad

Quote from: redsetanta on March 27, 2017, 02:43:25 PM
Laois V Kerry 7pm next Saturday evening in O'Moore Park.

Spread the word and get people to attend. Very important game and they deserve the support.
Hope Tipp beat the green and white rags that are offaly by a cricket score

blueandwhite1

Quote from: clonadmad on March 27, 2017, 09:57:49 AM
We need a minimum of 2 more hurling GDA's

We also need in the primary schools,parish leagues and an extension of the CnB program to include 3 and 4 class.

Each club needs to put a director of hurling in place to drive an agreed vision of the game,we have too many people in underage coaching positions in clubs who are willing but need direction as they aren't immersed in the game.

One example I see on a regular basis 15 v 15 games in training at u8's and u10 level,complete waste of time,small sided games are what's needed.

Completely agree. There are a lot of coaches running underage teams who don't believe in 'newfangled methods'. The club director of hurling should be a driven individual connected to modern methods - preferrably former senior inter county players. Most clubs have several candidates that would fit the bill. Too often it is parents of young fellas helping out that unwittingly neglect the skill development of younger players. The old excuse that 'young lads don't want to be doing drills all day' doesn't carry water in other counties. 

clonadmad

Im also after hearing today and I dont know true it is or not,but for u12 games this year,mentors will now have to ref games as there are a shortage of Refs.

Clubber Lang

I was just wondering if Kelly used some of the posts here stating that Laois would be better off playing in Division 2 as motivation before the Wexford game. Could you imagine as a player seeing those comments and the lack of faith shown in them.  I personally think it would be a huge set back dropping down a division and ridiculous that lads would consider this the best option for the county. Look at Antrim-it hasn't done them any favours. The lads have gained huge experience for playing in 1B this season and I would be optimistic that they will be in a much better position next season to challenge some of the stronger teams in 1B (once the GAA don't tamper with the structures like I fear they will to have an eight team Division 1 next season).   

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on March 27, 2017, 06:18:22 PM
Im also after hearing today and I dont know true it is or not,but for u12 games this year,mentors will now have to ref games as there are a shortage of Refs.
That's the clubs own fault. A list of referees should be published and clubs named and shamed

redsetanta

Will the Div 1 football league games be brought forward on Saturday evening? A bit crazy having a full round of league games, football or not, throwing in 30 mins before a big relegation playoff.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on March 27, 2017, 09:33:46 PM
That's the clubs own fault. A list of referees should be published and clubs named and shamed

A referees list is published every year in the CLG Handbook every year,It's very easy to see which club are supplying referees and which club aren't.Im surprised you weren't aware of that.

I know for a fact in Tipperary that if your club isn't supplying at least 1 referee,you club is barred from entering any competition at all levels,the same should be done here.

There shouldn't be any u-12 hurling games played without an official referee,for any number of reasons,full stop.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on March 28, 2017, 10:42:33 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on March 27, 2017, 09:33:46 PM

A referees list is published every year in the CLG Handbook every year,It's very easy to see which club are supplying referees and which club aren't.Im surprised you weren't aware of that.

I know for a fact in Tipperary that if your club isn't supplying at least 1 referee,you club is barred from entering any competition at all levels,the same should be done here.

There shouldn't be any u-12 hurling games played without an official referee,for any number of reasons,full stop.
I meant put it up here when you get a chance. The Club handbook is seen by few outside those involved in the Club Exec, I doubt some on here would ever have seen one.

clonadmad

There's by my count  14 clubs in the county not supplying refs in any shape or form,this is based on the 2016 handbook.

Some glaring examples

Abbeyleix
Arles Killeen
Arles Kilcruise
Ballinakill
Ballyroan Abbey
Rosenallis
The Harps

Loads of Clubs supplying just 1,Stradbally for example.

and then others more than up to scratch
Clough Ballacolla with 4
Castletown with3
Rathdowney/Erril with 5
Portlaoise with 3 and 2
Port with 5 football and 1 hurling
Courtwood with 3 and 1

clonadmad

Thanks for that Brillo

By my count 13 Refs have stepped down between the 2016 list and the 2017 one and 5 new ones have stepped up,leaving us down 8 refs in total,making a bad situation even worse.

redsetanta

Lads we've gone way off course on this thread- keep it going in the Future for Laois hurling thread.

Any news on the team for Saturday? Will Picky or Matthew be available?