Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honest hurler

i think we must have belief we can beat kerry and offaly bear in mind when we met galway we gave them a run for there mney i know they were short but we also were short i would be very clear in my thinking that we could get a win also against galway our record against galway is not all that bad in recent years thanks to cheddar so lets get behind the team and move on

clonadmad

Quote from: honest hurler on February 08, 2017, 06:31:53 PM
i think we must have belief we can beat kerry and offaly bear in mind when we met galway we gave them a run for there mney i know they were short but we also were short i would be very clear in my thinking that we could get a win also against galway our record against galway is not all that bad in recent years thanks to cheddar so lets get behind the team and move on

We have no chance of beating a Galway team who are in top 3 in the country.

There are 2 leagues in 1B,our aim should be to beat Kerry and Offaly and avoid automatic relegation.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

hurlingmad

Cha Starting full forward, Paddy Purcell back in midfield
Not a bad team to face kerry tomorrow

honest hurler

Good starting 15 foyle at 11 has he the pace I would have taught that he was going OK inside downey and Lyon's left out is a dissapointment Taylor I would think will start with Conroy at midfield has plenty of stamina and ability we must try and keep our lines from here now dunphy will benefit from cha and picky Palmer back in will keep a watchful eye in around that corner nice to see Flemming retained as he is a joy to watch even though Rowland is top class if we can organise our backs and our midfielders do as they are doing all up to now we I'll win today

redsetanta

I can't see them starting in those positions. Cha is wasted at full forward so won't be staying there. Be a few changes before throw in.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Helix

Seems to be a great first half 13 -4. Hopefully we'll push on again in second half!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Great stuff even without Cha playing so well. Fleming pulled off one brilliant save according to Jack Nolan. Get out of thee with any sort of a win  and get ready for Offaly who were very bad today by all accounts.

redsetanta

redsetanta

Disaster after such a good first half. How is it we can't score goals??

ClashAsh

Atrocious result against a Kerry side missing a lot of first choice starters.
Lose to Offaly in next round and we are sure bet to be relegated.

redsetanta

We or lose against Offaly it will be either them or Kerry in a relegation play off.

Helix

There's no play off. Team that's bottom goes down.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Clubber Lang

The inexperience of this current Laois team shone through today. Despite playing very poorly in second half we held a 6 point lead with little over 10 minutes and I think the players thought they had the game won. Kerry got a goal and instead of taking sting out of game, regaining composure, the sliotar was in the back of Laois net again 60 seconds later. After that there was only going to be one winner. I counted at least 15 wides on kerry's part and a number of those were easy chances that went a begging. In truth once Kerry found their rhythm they were by far the better team and totally outhurled Laois.

On the evidence of today it's going to be a steep learning curve this year in the league and we will more than likely be in a relegation play off by the end of it. With most of team under the age of 23 I am optimistic that progress can be made and we will develop with games. The concern is with Galway, Wexford and Limerick to come that heavy defeats in these games could have a detrimental impact on the players confidence going forward. Laois need a blend of experience and youth but with Hyland etc no longer there we are very much lacking in that department. Today's loss was clear evidence of this.     

Don Draper