Concerned Gaels

Started by give her dixie, June 20, 2018, 02:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthrough

Quote from: Snapchap on June 26, 2018, 11:11:02 AM
Quote from: inthrough on June 26, 2018, 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 26, 2018, 10:24:24 AM
Quote from: inthrough on June 26, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
The Palestinian people have more than enough to put up with without being pulled into the small petty world that is Northern Irelan politics.

Fellas can witter on here about justice but this is nothing more than an extension of the republican/loyalist feud which sees one side waving Palestinian flags while the other waves flags from the State of Israel. The irony of slagging loyalists about "flegs" while getting all het up about this is priceless.

Lads ye're fooling no one with this nonsense & outside committed republicans you have no support for this crap inside GAA grounds,

If you are so naive as to believe that the motivation for this is anything remotely to do with six county politics, then you need to go away and have a good lie down to yourself. Your implication appears to be that we in the six counties are a bunch of sectarians and everything we do is framed by sectarianism. I could quite as easily throw an insult back at you and suggest that the folk of the 26 counties a are utterly spineless, have no principles beyond wealth accumulation, and find the very notion of people having publically expressing genuine empathy and solidarity for the plight of others as just incomprehensible. Do you think it is a mere coincidence that Palestinian flags at matches (particularly in Ulster) become more prevalent in the aftermath of an escalation of Israeli violence?

P.s. There was a petition handed in to Ulster GAA last week with the signatures of over 1,200 GAA members in support of the right to fly the Palestinian flag. Are you suggesting that they are all "committed republicans" and that that's the only reason they signed the petition? Away and cop yourself on.

Stand for nothing, and you'll fall for anything.

You obviously know nothing about history and especially the history of Irish Republicanism as anti Semite & indeed pro Nazi during WW2. I'm not going to bother rhyming it out for you here as I have better things to be doing but here's a link.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/63297/allied-anti-semitism-irish-connection-rob-harris

Face facts, you are being used here by people who couldn't care less about the Palestinians & whose only aim is to politicise the GAA. Where are the flags for the Rohyinga Muslims, where are the flags for all the oppressed peoples in Africa & Central America?

This has nothing to do with compassion for Palestinians & everything to do with hatred of Israel & the Jewish people in general & the vast majority of Irish people are not so stupid as to be taken in by it.

So it's impossible to oppose the inhumane treatment of the Palestinian people for reasons other than sectarian hatred of Jews? Again away and cop yourself on you absolute f***ing tube.

Good man Snapchap, when you run out of arguments the old fallback position of abuse is always handy. Away you go now & ask Gerry/Slab/Michelle/Mary-Lou what the official position is & come back to me, there's a good lad.

Rossfan

The good old Israel lover trick...
Any criticism of Israel or any word of support for Palestinians and it's "Anti semitism,  hates Jews" repeated over and over.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

inthrough

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2018, 11:32:08 AM
Any criticism of Israel or any word of support for Palestinians and it's "Anti semitism,  hates Jews" repeated over and over.
Maybe because there is some truth in it. Did you ever for one second consider that?

Mind you use of the term "Israel lover" does give the game away a bit.

Snapchap

Quote from: inthrough on June 26, 2018, 11:24:34 AM
The Palestinian people have more than enough to put up with without being pulled into the small petty world that is Northern Irelan politics.

Fellas can witter on here about justice but this is nothing more than an extension of the republican/loyalist feud which sees one side waving Palestinian flags while the other waves flags from the State of Israel. The irony of slagging loyalists about "flegs" while getting all het up about this is priceless.

Lads ye're fooling no one with this nonsense & outside committed republicans you have no support for this crap inside GAA grounds,

If you are so naive as to believe that the motivation for this is anything remotely to do with six county politics, then you need to go away and have a good lie down to yourself. Your implication appears to be that we in the six counties are a bunch of sectarians and everything we do is framed by sectarianism. I could quite as easily throw an insult back at you and suggest that the folk of the 26 counties a are utterly spineless, have no principles beyond wealth accumulation, and find the very notion of people having publically expressing genuine empathy and solidarity for the plight of others as just incomprehensible. Do you think it is a mere coincidence that Palestinian flags at matches (particularly in Ulster) become more prevalent in the aftermath of an escalation of Israeli violence?

P.s. There was a petition handed in to Ulster GAA last week with the signatures of over 1,200 GAA members in support of the right to fly the Palestinian flag. Are you suggesting that they are all "committed republicans" and that that's the only reason they signed the petition? Away and cop yourself on.

You obviously know nothing about history and especially the history of Irish Republicanism as anti Semite & indeed pro Nazi during WW2. I'm not going to bother rhyming it out for you here as I have better things to be doing but here's a link.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/63297/allied-anti-semitism-irish-connection-rob-harris

Face facts, you are being used here by people who couldn't care less about the Palestinians & whose only aim is to politicise the GAA. Where are the flags for the Rohyinga Muslims, where are the flags for all the oppressed peoples in Africa & Central America?

This has nothing to do with compassion for Palestinians & everything to do with hatred of Israel & the Jewish people in general & the vast majority of Irish people are not so stupid as to be taken in by it.

So it's impossible to oppose the inhumane treatment of the Palestinian people for reasons other than sectarian hatred of Jews? Again away and cop yourself on you absolute f***ing tube.

Good man Snapchap, when you run out of arguments the old fallback position of abuse is always handy. Away you go now & ask Gerry/Slab/Michelle/Mary-Lou what the official position is & come back to me, there's a good lad.

When you genuinely believe that it is impossible for anyone to have genuine sympathy for Palestinians and when you believe that everyone who claims to be sympathetic to them is only motivated by a sectarian hatred of jews, then you deserve all the personal abuse you get and more.

inthrough

Quote from: Snapchap on June 26, 2018, 11:59:05 AM

When you genuinely believe that it is impossible for anyone to have genuine sympathy for Palestinians and when you believe that everyone who claims to be sympathetic to them is only motivated by a sectarian hatred of jews, then you deserve all the personal abuse you get and more.
If you can show me where I said that it is impossible for anyone to have genuine sympathy for Palestinians or that anyone who claims to be sympathetic to them is only motivated by sectarian hatred then I will eat my own fee. These are your words not mine.
If you look carefully at my first post I said that the people of Palestine have enough to put up with without being used by people with other agendas. The Palestinians are having a desperate time & Israel is not without fault here but neither is the Palestinian leadership which clings to the claim that Israel has no right to exist & must be wiped from the map.
The people of Israel know full well that they cannot rely on anyone to look out for their interests except themselves. History & Irish history as well has told them that. If their country is to be wiped from the face of the earth then where are they to go?
At the moment they are fighting like cornered rats sorrounded as they are by enemies. Only for the Americans I shudder to think what would have happened to them by now.
At it's core all they want is to be left in peace & allowed to have a homeland free from threat. As long as the Palestinians, Iran & others refuse them that & threaten them they will fight no holds barred & all the flags in the world flying in Clones isn't going to change that.

give her dixie

It never ceases to amaze me how those who know so little do the most crying over something they know they know so little about, or even care about.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Insane Bolt

Israel is a bully and is backed by the biggest bully of all ...the US....Illegal land grab and settlements.....yes that's living in peace. If you can't see why the vast majority of Nationalist people would have empathy with the Palestinian situation then you are a clown of the highest order.
I'm no republican but I will support the Palestinian people as long as I draw breath.

Snapchap

Quote from: inthrough on June 26, 2018, 12:21:50 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on June 26, 2018, 11:59:05 AM

If you can show me where I said that it is impossible for anyone to have genuine sympathy for Palestinians or that anyone who claims to be sympathetic to them is only motivated by sectarian hatred then I will eat my own fee. These are your words not mine.
If you look carefully at my first post I said that the people of Palestine have enough to put up with without being used by people with other agendas.

You stated that those flying the flags were motivated by "the small petty world that is Northern Irelan politics" and that those flying the flag "have no support for this crap inside GAA grounds" except for from "committed republicans". When you say "no support" that sound fairly emphatic to me. It appears to be your view that it is impossible for any of these people to have genuine empathy for the Palestinian plight. You then stated fairly emphatically that someone flying the Palestinian flag "has nothing to do with compassion for Palestinians & everything to do with hatred of Israel & the Jewish people". If that's not you claiming it is impossible for anyone to have genuine sympathy for Palestinians without being motivated by anti-antisemitism, then I don't know what is. 

And as long as anyone who dares publicly show support for Palestinians is labelled by you as just being anti-semetic, then your petty, token reference to the "terrible time" Palestinians are having sounds exceptionally hollow.

Syferus

Anyone who honestly thinks this isn't mainly beng used as a proxy for wee six political buffoonery needs to reassess the situation.

If you want to support the Palestinian cause the thing not to do is make them a prop in a political disagreement half way around the world. Do something that actually helps.

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 02:34:38 PM
Anyone who honestly thinks this isn't mainly beng used as a proxy for wee six political buffoonery needs to reasses the situation.

If you want to support the Palestinian cause the thing not to do is make them a prop in a political disagreement half way around the world. Do something that actually helps.

Which John does and much aid has gone from here while you stand sniping from the side.

Snapchap

Anyone who honestly thinks this isn't mainly beng used as a proxy for wee six political buffoonery needs to reasses the situation.

Anyone who thinks that those bringing Palestinian flags to matches is doing so just to annoy "themuns" has their head firmly wedged up their own a55. If people wanted to fly Palestinian flags to annoy unionists, don't you think they could pick somewhere better than a GAA ground, where the number of unionists available to offend would be fairly negligible? Have you considered why the proliferation of the flags at matches tends to be larger in the wake of instances of increased Israeli brutality?

How do you know those bringing Palestine flags to matches aren't also "doing something that actually helps" (leaving aside the fact that merely flying the flag is helpful to raise awareness)? I have  had a Palestine flag to matches before and have made numerous donations to Medical Aid for Palestine and been involved in several Gaza aid programmes. Do you think I do that in order to stick two fingers up to my Protestant neighbours? John brings his flag to games too and he has personally delivered a lorry load of aid to Gaza. Was he just doing that to stick two fingers up at Protestant neighbours? Away and cop yourself on, you absolute halfwit.

gallsman

Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

Which John does and much aid has gone from here while you stand sniping from the side.

He does, which is great, through his humanitarian work. Not by trying to politicise the GAA.

Maybe that would ring less hollow if there hadn't been such naked anti Semitism on the board over the last few months.

tonto1888

Pretty sure I saw Palestinian flags on hill 16 at the weekend. Bloody northerners taking their sectarianism down to dublin

tonto1888

Quote from: gallsman on June 27, 2018, 07:31:09 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

He does, which is great, through his humanitarian work. Not by trying to politicise the GAA.

Maybe that would ring less hollow if there hadn't been such naked anti Semitism on the board over the last few months.

What naked anti semitism?

Dire Ear

Ignore it Tonto,  some arn't worth it