American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Looks like the caps are going to win the ice skating dancing game thing against the new team in Vegas.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: heganboy on June 08, 2018, 02:31:39 AM
Looks like the caps are going to win the ice skating dancing game thing against the new team in Vegas.

Caps dominated this series and deserved their first cup in 44 years.

NHL is the best Professional sport period.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2018, 01:32:06 PM
The Warriors are impossible to like. If LeBron has to leave Cleveland to form a proper threat to them then so be it. And hopefully the locals won't start burning his jersey this time, it's not his fault he's being supported by cardboard cutouts.
Why?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 08, 2018, 08:25:36 PM
The Warriors are impossible to like. If LeBron has to leave Cleveland to form a proper threat to them then so be it. And hopefully the locals won't start burning his jersey this time, it's not his fault he's being supported by cardboard cutouts.
Why?

KD. Green. Kerr. The best team in the league buying the second best player in the league, creating a massive imbalance might be the biggest one. Very hard to appreciate them removed from the reason they are so good.

gallsman

Don't personally get the hate for the Warriors either. KD aside, they're built from the ground up and the game they play is stunning.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on June 08, 2018, 08:49:07 PM
Don't personally get the hate for the Warriors either. KD aside, they're built from the ground up and the game they play is stunning.

This!

Syferus

The second best player on Earth teaming up with the best team on Earth aside it would be easier to like them alright. I hope LeBron and George form a super team or Houston get another piece to beat them down before they drown in luxury tax and the team implodes itself.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on June 08, 2018, 08:52:46 PM

The second best player on Earth teaming up with the best team on Earth aside it would be easier to like them alright. I hope LeBron and George form a super team or Houston get another piece to beat them down before they drown in luxury tax and the team implodes itself.

LeBron would know a thing or two about super teams alright. Cleveland have paid an absolute fortune in luxury tax over the last few years.

KD is one superstar player who has gone to the Warriors and obviously improves the team. Nobody ever mentions their continued smart draft picks or getting the most out of veterans. Kerr has turned JaVale f**king Magee into a competent NBA player ffs.

KD is going to opt out this summer and re-sign for a hell of a lot more than he's currently on. It'll put the squeeze in then but there'll be no impressions.

Good player wants to win titles and moves to good team. Really don't get the controversy over all of this. In football, it's a shock when it doesn't happen.

Minder

Yeah what team wouldn't want the second best player in the league ?! Well maybe whoever Le Bron plays for
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Kerr is a superb coach and seems to be a top bloke too.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 08, 2018, 10:29:38 PM

Yeah I know Syferus is most likely trolling but I can't see the beef with Kerr and GSW.

I love watching Durant, 6ft 11 and can run the floor, shoot jumpers & 3s off the dribble, pass like a guard.

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on June 08, 2018, 11:37:25 PM

Yeah I know Syferus is most likely trolling but I can't see the beef with Kerr and GSW.

Err, what part of that looks like trolling? GSW are despised by the general NBA audience. I don't think any other team right now even comes close to the level of vitriol they've engendered. I'm far from being on my own on this no matter what you or anyone else here thinks.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on June 08, 2018, 11:43:25 PM

Err, what part of that looks like trolling? GSW are despised by the general NBA audience. I don't think any other team right now even comes close to the level of vitriol they've engendered. I'm far from being on my own on this no matter what you or anyone else here thinks.

I think vitriol is pushing it, I'm sure they arent popular because they are so dominant

gawa316

Quote from: Syferus on June 08, 2018, 11:43:25 PM

I live in California in an area with probably a 50/50 split between lakers and Dub fans, some Kings fans then just mixture of other teams and have never experienced much hatred towards the warriors, and especially not towards Kerr. Green is one of those figures who you love in your team but hate if he plays for anyone else.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Syferus on June 08, 2018, 08:29:23 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 08, 2018, 08:25:36 PM
Why?

KD. Green. Kerr. The best team in the league buying the second best player in the league, creating a massive imbalance might be the biggest one. Very hard to appreciate them removed from the reason they are so good.
Imagine stating Steve Kerr as a reason for not liking a team. I'm 36 Yrs old and that is one the most insanely ridiculous statements I've read in my lifetime. The Man is an absolute gent on/off the court with awakened political views beyond his own self interest. Clearly you haven't a clue, completely uninformed and probably best not to comment rather than expose your lack of any knowledge on this.

KD and Green I can understand and most of the lads have alluded to KD already, but its just resentment and jealously, KD does more than most for charity, Green is just a unbelievable competitor who's on the edge all the time. As our last line of defence is in the thick of it. Rubs people up the wrong way and shoots from the hip with his mouth.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"