1 (0.9%)
Last 16
7 (6%)
Third in the group and Europa League
32 (27.4%)
Bottom of the group
39 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 856933 times)

Targetman

• View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #13125 on: February 17, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »
Celtic will win the champions league before Casement gets started!!

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: February 18, 2018, 04:43:34 PM »
Celtic getting a hard time from the ref here, and without brown St Johnstone aren't a bit afraid to try and kick us about

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: February 18, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »
Celtic getting a hard time from the ref here, and without brown St Johnstone aren't a bit afraid to try and kick us about

Never seen a more blatant case of just foul foul foul in a long time every time Charley got the ball he was just pulled to stop him so frustrating to watch

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: February 18, 2018, 04:59:12 PM »

Over 20 fouls and about 20 more not given. No consistency allowed. 7 changes didn't help and only 2 or 3 clear chances. Thursday more important.

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: February 18, 2018, 05:36:29 PM »

Over 20 fouls and about 20 more not given. No consistency allowed. 7 changes didn't help and only 2 or 3 clear chances. Thursday more important.

Agreed, with Aberdeen result yesterday we basically had a free one today, player management. All guns blazing for Thursday

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: February 18, 2018, 08:07:07 PM »
BR did the right thing changing the personnel today, Thurs nites game is more important so resting players was the right thing to do (irrespective of the result on Thurs), you have to give yourself the best possible chance.

On todays game...WTF, they kicked us all over the park and Mr John Beaton allowed them to do it, he set the tone early by not blowing them up so they soon got to know they wouldn't get into any trouble for their bully boy tactic's. In their defence i'd do the same going to CP and push the boundaries out early on to see what you'd get away with and when you know the ref is going to allow you to do it and Celtic have made 7 changes from Thurs nite you'd be delighted.

Celtic played slightly better in the 2nd half but that first half was not pretty...Role on Thurs. I see a few players starting to come back from injury...Rogic getting some game time today (needs it too...off the pace but to be expected), Roberts not far away either and Griff, Compper, Armstrong and Boyata should only be another few weeks away
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: February 18, 2018, 10:41:12 PM »

Ned, the league is far more important than a cup you are not going to win, the league gives you a double with only the cup to go, a handy draw in the quarters makes for an intense end of season run, I will never understand why people put so much stake in the Europa cup when you still have not won the domestic league yet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: February 18, 2018, 11:11:59 PM »
Celtic are not the same team without Broony.He drives them on..

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: February 18, 2018, 11:43:07 PM »

Ned, the league is far more important than a cup you are not going to win, the league gives you a double with only the cup to go, a handy draw in the quarters makes for an intense end of season run, I will never understand why people put so much stake in the Europa cup when you still have not won the domestic league yet.

League is more important overall, yes definitely. However, Europa League is more important than one league game. If we don't win the league from here then it won't be about just today's match. Whether the league goes towards a double or a treble doesn't really matter although it would be great to do the treble back to back.

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: February 19, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
Think BR was spot on with the comments below...Tommy Wright should be asking questions of his players...

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has questioned the desire of St Johnstone's players in their lower-profile games after they drew at Celtic Park for the second time this season.

Saints also drew 1-1 with the Scottish Premiership leaders in August and beat Rangers at Ibrox in December.

But Tommy Wright's side had won only one of their previous eight games - over Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup.

"I think there are questions there for Tommy's players," said Rodgers.

St Johnstone are struggling in ninth place in the Premiership, and are eight points off a spot in the top six, where they have finished for each of the last six seasons.

Rodgers suggested Wright's men are cheating their manager by not showing the same desire against other sides as they do against the Old Firm.

He said: "Tommy's a fantastic manager, I am sure he walks away happy with a point but probably really frustrated.

"How can you win a game 3-1 at Ibrox on 16 December, not win a game right the way through [since], apart from the Albion game, then your next big result is away at Celtic?

"So I think the question goes with the St Johnstone players.

"Today you've seen them organised, committed, fighting, running - doing all of that.

"If they do that in every game they would probably win a lot more games."

Rodgers made seven changes from the 1-0 Europa League win over Zenit St Petersburg on Thursday, with Tom Rogic, Cristian Gamboa, Jack Hendry, Calvin Miller, Charly Musonda, Odsonne Edouard and Scott Sinclair all starting.

"You have to be careful, we have so many games," added the manager, whose side travel to Russia for the second leg on Thursday, before a meeting with Aberdeen at Pittodrie on Sunday.

"Scott Brown was suspended, Mikael Lustig had a niggle on his Achilles and we couldn't risk that, and Olivier Ntcham was ill so he couldn't play.

"Olivier should be fine, Browny will be available and Mikael should be fine, it was precautionary. They will be fine for Thursday.

"There were lots of positives for us in terms of players. It was Tom Rogic's first game in two months, we have to take opportunities at some point to play some of these guys, like Cristian Gamboa and Calvin Miller.

"Even if we had a full-strength side it would have still been difficult."
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: February 19, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »
6pm start next Thursday. A chilly -7 over there this evening

Celtic teams are used to shit weather and the kit guys will have them all sorted, they will be fine, I think they will rue so many missed chances but all in all an excellent performance and I hope they make it through obviously, it will be tough.
There will be no worries about the weather. Zenit have a brand new stadium with a retractable roof, the world's most expensive stadium.

I highly doubt that!
You can chose not to watch the game on thursday, perhaps best. Should you watch the game on tv, you can turn volume down or chose a channel whose language is foreign to you or keep repeating to yourself every time the commentator refers to the stadium roof,  "I highly doubt that" "I highly doubt that".
Should the cameras focus on the closed roof or external images of the  stadium be shown, then just keep repeating " Russian fakers!!"

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: February 19, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
Yesterday was flat, both in the stands and on the park. Broonys influence was missed without doubt as was KTS. Also Ntcham was a huge with his drive from the middle of the park. McGregor isn't captain material either!

Onwards and upwards for Thursday night, in Brendan we trust.