Dougal Maguire

Can someone tell me will using a VPN reduce the potential for freezing
Careful now

lurganblue

Quote from: MoChara on September 22, 2018, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 22, 2018, 09:37:24 PM
Quote from: MoChara on September 22, 2018, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 22, 2018, 02:57:40 PM
Never fully read your post, if using Smart IPTV on the TV that'll be why it's not working it's been removed from LG and Samsung's. Roots own app and stbemu both working.

I put smart IPTV on a mates TV for them last week, has it went down since then?

I'm not sure of exact details as I don't use it anymore but have read on tech forums recently that both Samsung and LG were bringing out updates that would stop it working (there was a suggestion that turning off updates on the telly put prevent this but I've no idea if that's true). In the last few days I've seen providers on Facebook telling their customers that SmartIPTV is no longer working.

They still took my fiver handy enough lol

I believe it has been cut from Samsung with an update but it is def still working on LG.  I did see a post earlier last week that it may be removed from LG too but that hasnt happened yet.  I hope it doesnt as i would rather not go back to the firestick.

Boycey

Smart-stb also works on LG TVs

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on September 24, 2018, 12:51:54 PM

I have the SIPTV app. Is that one much better?

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 24, 2018, 01:33:38 PM

I used siptv happily til recently when it stopped loading stuff into categories and I switched to smart-stb. I'd not bother change unless you had to, I was just throwing it up as alternative should siptv stop working. There is a $20 dollar lifetime fee for smart-stb and you will need to provide your MAC address to your provider.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on September 24, 2018, 01:49:27 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 24, 2018, 01:33:38 PM

I used siptv happily til recently when it stopped loading stuff into categories and I switched to smart-stb. I'd not bother change unless you had to, I was just throwing it up as alternative should siptv stop working. There is a $20 dollar lifetime fee for smart-stb and you will need to provide your MAC address to your provider.

Cheers for the info.

The_geezer

It appears that root hosting has gave up the ghost on my smart stb app. Anybody have any good links for a good value  android box to run it through kodi? P.s anybody have any experience worth paying for stuff using Bitcoin?

Boycey

DNS has changed PM me which one you're on.

Main Street

I'm  10 weeks or so with Vaders tv and so far so good.  I got a message from them on the 20th sept, that they are not taking on any new subscribers after 2 or 3 weeks until they "stabilize the service and add new features". Current subscribers will not be affected.
One big added plus is that with the basic subscription  you can have it set up on 5 devices and with 3 different ISPs.
This is convenience on a platter, for example I'll be able to watch the Monaghan senior final live on tg4 this sunday, while traveling.

Boycey

Anybody gone the full hog and bought an Android television? I'm about to upgrade my TV and I've been playing around with the idea, I only see positives but I'm sure there are negatives..

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2018, 03:22:12 PM
Anybody gone the full hog and bought an Android television? I'm about to upgrade my TV and I've been playing around with the idea, I only see positives but I'm sure there are negatives..

The recommendation is generally not to. Get an Nvidia shield instead.

Boycey

Yeah the early ones were clunky, buggy and relatively slow but I'm reading good things about the newer Sony ones.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2018, 04:46:00 PM
Yeah the early ones were clunky, buggy and relatively slow but I'm reading good things about the newer Sony ones.

Even the premium Sony ones are meant to be a disaster in terms of usability compared to WebOS on LG or Tizen on Samsung, but of course you get the full access to the Android ecosystem.

The TCL TVs that are selling out like mad on Amazon US have Roku built in, and have read/watched a lot of reviews that say it's by far the best TV navigation experience.

Dougal Maguire

Anyone got any recommendations for a good IPTV box. I've got an android, which I hate. EPG is awful and a zgemma which I like. I'm thinking of changing the android and unsure as to whether I should get a Mag 254 or a second zgemma. Any suggestions?
Careful now