Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Unison on May 02, 2018, 12:55:51 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on May 01, 2018, 04:55:51 PM
I hear we have a lot of niggles on the injury front....

Cahillane is gone for wexford for sure.

Glynn ,Begley,donoher have all got injuries that might have them in doubt.

Timmons and O'Loughlin Paul Kingston and Evan O'Carroll are also carrying knocks

Why is it always like this leading up to the championship?
Every team will have players carrying "knocks". I very much doubt any player has lined out without some degree of a "knock". Cahillane hasn't been fit all year. Timmons, god bless him, always has some sort of "knock". Paul Kingston has been coming back from a "knock".
Just how it is. A fella could pick up a strain or a "knock" sitting in a car.

Laoiseabu

True Don , if you were to sit out every game you had a niggle or knock you would never be playing would you?😂😂 With the exception of being very sick , having a torn muscle or ligament damage or having a broken bone there shouldn't really be an excuse from a physical point of view ? Most niggles or knocks can be ran off but most of the time your mind can make it worse than it really is . Ever hear the saying " Injured in the head "?😂😂

Uisce

Looking forward to the game, more so than in previous years. Seems to be a little but more optimism about the team, winning Division 4 wasn't an extremely significant achievement but was the best they could do. Hard to speculate on a team, especially if some of those injuries are going to rule lads out, so I won't even try!

Will hopefully get a decent crowd to the game as the summer can start with a win!

Tony

I know Wexford have been poor recently, but going to Wexford Park and winning is not easy. The odds baffle me a bit - Wexford are 3/1 to win, we're 3/10. I would have thought that'd be a bit more even given that we haven't exactly set the world alight the past few years either, and Wexford's home advantage. Personally, I think we'll get the win, but I'd say about 2 points or 4/6 favourites kind of odds. Hopefully we can name a strong team. It'd be nice to make a bit of progress in Leinster this year. Another year of early qualifiers wouldn't be ideal.

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on May 03, 2018, 11:56:08 AM
I know Wexford have been poor recently, but going to Wexford Park and winning is not easy. The odds baffle me a bit - Wexford are 3/1 to win, we're 3/10. I would have thought that'd be a bit more even given that we haven't exactly set the world alight the past few years either, and Wexford's home advantage. Personally, I think we'll get the win, but I'd say about 2 points or 4/6 favourites kind of odds. Hopefully we can name a strong team. It'd be nice to make a bit of progress in Leinster this year. Another year of early qualifiers wouldn't be ideal.
We'll bate them T, relax. They're scrap. The best thing they have going for them in a retro jersey.

Laoiseabu

Well I'd agree with Tony . Like I'd imagine Wexford would be as good as Carlow? We were blessed to get out of Carlow with a one point win in the league . Up in Croker we only beat them by four plus they had a couple of decent goal opportunities aswell . I wouldn't lose the run of myself now although I think we will get the win . Hopefully anyway

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 03, 2018, 12:16:28 PM
Well I'd agree with Tony . Like I'd imagine Wexford would be as good as Carlow? We were blessed to get out of Carlow with a one point win in the league . Up in Croker we only beat them by four plus they had a couple of decent goal opportunities aswell . I wouldn't lose the run of myself now although I think we will get the win . Hopefully anyway
Carlow were on a high, unbeaten. Wexford are in a slump, relegated and suffering mass defections. They played Division 3 football, but played it poorly.
Lads on here tried to talk Carlow up, but in the end, we had them at arms length, both days. No point getting carried away, but at the same time, its a poor Wexford side, that we shouldn't fear. We love a bit of auld fear here.

Laoiseabu

Well I wouldn't say we had Carlow at arms length the day we bet them 1-5 to 0-7 😂😂😂😂😂

Don Draper

Unlaoised

I think they were in a training camp last weekend and are playing a friendly this weekend against a team from the north!

Evan O'Carroll did his hammer playing for cretty according to a cretty man I was talking to today and cahillane looks to be out

The other players are coming on well but Time will tell especially with Begley and Glynn according to the same Cretty man that was at a recent training!
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

GENERAL
Stand – €20
Terrace – €15

Tickets can be purchased from the following locations:-
(a) the participating County Boards
(b) GAA Ticketline 1890 92 46 48
(c) Tickets.ie
(d) www.gaa.ie
(e) Centra & Supervalu Shops

FAMILY TICKETS:-
1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Family Tickets are available for Stand
Stand:- Adults €20 Juveniles €5 each

1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Family Tickets are available for Terrace
Terrace:- Adults €15 Juveniles €5 each

Senior Citizens/Students:
(Stand/Terrace):- Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate of €5 when they produce appropriate I.D. at Stiles No: 2 & 25 (Covered Stand) and Stile No: 9 (Clonard Terrace) PRIOR TO ENTRY INTO THE STADIUM.

Wheelchair Tickets:-
The Wheelchair Ticket is free of charge and the Assistant's ticket is €20

Group Pass (Under 16's) – (Terrace Only)
Groups Passes are provided for groups of Juveniles U-16 €3 per Juvenile and you are permitted to bring 1 adult free with every ten Juveniles, any additional adults pay full price for their tickets.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

O'Carroll and Lowry definitely out for Saturday. I think Glynn may not be fully ready either.

I can see the team being something like;

Brody

Attride Timmons Dillon

Strong or O'Connor Begley Collins

O'Loughlin Lillis

P Kingston at 11 with 2 from Carroll, Donoher and Farrell on the wings.

Munnelly or Conway D Kingston Walsh

Laoiseabu

I think Glynn will be fit , but OCarroll , Lowry and Cahillane are all out.