Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Some classic ones there e.g.
#AskTUV do you get any many votes from dyslexic UTV voters?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

I would say this was pretty deliberate by the Impartial Reporter as a bit of free advertising, they would have known full well how it was going to turn out
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ExiledGael

Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2014, 05:18:54 PM
I would say this was pretty deliberate by the Impartial Reporter as a bit of free advertising, they would have known full well how it was going to turn out

They have been doing this type of thing for a year or two now, as shown on BBC documentary on Impartial Reporter behind scenes during G8 - where it was dull as dishwater with no real response online. You may be giving them a little too much credit, though they are thanking their followers and readers for making it an online hit.

http://www.u.tv/News/Twitter-users-hijack-TUV-QA-session/c8b06895-5f79-4381-a228-c880bc3e3e9e

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BenDover

@RJurno giving out some good horsey tips this past week

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on February 14, 2014, 10:37:11 PM
One of our own forum members getting a mention on Joe.ie tonight.

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/picture-did-you-spot-the-gaa-jersey-on-eastenders-tonight/

Willie Frazer saw my tweet. I may have to go into hiding, he's not happy....
Testing Accessibility

southdown

@ciaranrogers1 just signed up. Mixed bag so far

5 Sams

Paul McGrath in poor enough shape on Twitter over the past few days.  :(. VV sad.
The Aristocrat Years

Asal Mor

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 07, 2014, 12:02:31 AM
Paul McGrath in poor enough shape on Twitter over the past few days.  :(. VV sad.

That's a shame if he's back drinking. I thought his book was amazing, a masterpiece really. Some said it was overly dark, but unless you've lived inside the man's head, you can't say whether it was or it wasn't.

Bingo

Its evident from time to time with him, you'd notice a marked difference in his tweets - the tone and the spelling.

While McGrath has bigger issues, a friend of mine always says - if you going to take a charge for a few days, the best thing you can do is leave the phone at home.

thebigfella

Quote from: Bingo on March 07, 2014, 10:02:09 AM

Its evident from time to time with him, you'd notice a marked difference in his tweets - the tone and the spelling.

While McGrath has bigger issues, a friend of mine always says - if you going to take a charge for a few days, the best thing you can do is leave the phone at home.

Maybe he was driving?

ziggysego

Someone has hacked Nick Griffin's Twitter. Get over there before it's too late  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NSFW

https://twitter.com/nickgriffinmep
Testing Accessibility

muppet

@CenturyIRL

http://www.rte.ie/centuryireland/articles/southern-unionists-appeal-to-king-george-v

Published: 13 May 1914
Southern Irish unionists have warned the British government that there will be civil war in Ireland if the Home Rule Bill is signed into law and that it will result in ruinous consequences for the nation.

The warning came as the Irish Unionist Alliance petitioned King George V 'on behalf of Irishmen of all creeds and classes, your Majesty's subjects in the provinces of Leinster, Munster and Connaught'. Led by its president, Lord Barrymore, the Irish Unionist Alliance has called for a general election as an immediate priority.

The Alliance is drawn from southern unionists and stated that the idea of Home Rule is 'abhorrent, not only to the people of Ulster, but to the great numbers in the Southern provinces, for whom we speak'.

A resolution, dated 17 April 1914, from the Co. Clare Unionist Club stating that when the Home Rule Bill is passed Unionists will be attacked. It calls for a military garrison to be established in the county for their protection. Click on the image to enlarge. (Image: National Archives of Ireland, CSO RP 1914/6618)

The petition continued: 'We are convinced that the present Bill, if forced upon us, can never prove the foundation of such a settlement as your Majesty ardently desires, but that, on the contrary, it will produce a rankling sense of injustice which will create bitter animosity and entail grave difficulties for the Empire in the future.'

As well as Lord Barrymore, leading members of the aristocracy such as the Earl of Rosse in King's County and Lord Inchiquin in Co. Clare have signed the petition.

Branches of the Alliance are active in at least 30 centres across the provinces of Munster, Leinster and Connaught.

In the petition to the King, they conclude, 'speaking with intimate knowledge of their county', they have the 'gravest reason to apprehend that on the outbreak of civil war the lives and property of many of Your Majesty's subjects dwelling in isolated parts of Ireland will be exposed to the greatest danger'.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Morrissey has 107k followers since joining an hour ago. He won't last a month!