Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

All perfectly legal my good friend
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

QuoteI'm not racist and some of my friends are from different cultural backgrounds

You couldn't make this up - is this the standard defence these days?

nifan

Quote from: Puckoon on March 19, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
QuoteI'm not racist and some of my friends are from different cultural backgrounds

Hasnt it always been?

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on March 19, 2012, 03:14:23 PM

I am not a murderer, some of my friends are still alive.

I am not a con-man politician, I only swindle voters from other constituencies.
MWWSI 2017

take_yer_points

Richard Bacon had a programme on BBC3 last night called The Antisocial Network - about how "trolls" leave messages on social networks for people - bullying people, leaving nasty messages on sites that have been setup to remember the recently desceased, etc...

It's very hard to understand what motivates people - found it quite an interesting programme. Bacon himself (and his wife) have been trolled by someone and the programme tracks his quest to find out who his troll is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01dwg1n/The_AntiSocial_Network/

Square Ball

Quote from: take_yer_points on March 20, 2012, 12:30:21 PM
Richard Bacon had a programme on BBC3 last night called The Antisocial Network - about how "trolls" leave messages on social networks for people - bullying people, leaving nasty messages on sites that have been setup to remember the recently desceased, etc...

It's very hard to understand what motivates people - found it quite an interesting programme. Bacon himself (and his wife) have been trolled by someone and the programme tracks his quest to find out who his troll is.

I seen the preview of it when they spoke to the brother of a young lad who had committed suicide, and what they done to photos of him, shocking. only 2 convictions so far I think for trolling?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

take_yer_points

Quote from: Square Ball on March 20, 2012, 12:35:33 PM

I seen the preview of it when they spoke to the brother of a young lad who had committed suicide, and what they done to photos of him, shocking. only 2 convictions so far I think for trolling?

Yes, they said just 2 convictions using a communications act from 2003 (I think).

They confronted one of the people who was convicted when they caught up with him on the street and another one agreed to do an interview and then lied through his teeth in the interview - as you might suspect neither of them seemed like the type who would say to your face what they were prepared to write online.

ziggysego

I remember around the time of Michaela Harte's death, Tyrone GAA setup a Facebook Page in her honour. It was being trolled non-stop for a few days. I was continuously emailing them about it and they kept removing the comments. Eventually they closed the Page down and created one on the actual TyroneGAA.ie website.

It was disgusting to read.
Testing Accessibility

wherefromreferee?

Has Minder upset Kevin McGourty?

Kevin's last update would suggest so!
In your Endo!

Minder

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on April 22, 2012, 09:10:17 PM
Has Minder upset Kevin McGourty?

Kevin's last update would suggest so!

He seems to be on the beer, he is making me blush.

Because I said his li'l bro should have been sent off against us today :-X
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ulick

Stewart Weir ‏ @sweirz
#Panic at #Rangers as 'Yanks Go Home' banner sees Edu, Bedoya and Bocanegra board flights for the USA. So does Kyle Lafferty who misread it

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 10, 2012, 07:31:46 PM
See Philip Jordan posted a newspaper clipping sent anonymously by someone still sore in the arse after 2003.

He's getting a lot of support from all the auld enemies - Derry and Armagh.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

#askTUV Worth a search on Twitter. Jim Allister decided to allow the Impartial Reporter to stage an interview via twitter users using that hashtag. It has descended, predictably, into farce and is now one of the top trending topics in the UK

deiseach

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 17, 2014, 03:53:21 PM
#askTUV Worth a search on Twitter. Jim Allister decided to allow the Impartial Reporter to stage an interview via twitter users using that hashtag. It has descended, predictably, into farce and is now one of the top trending topics in the UK

QuotePrinceBuster69 ‏@PrinceBuster69
#AskTUV What do you miss most about the 60s; mini-skirts or gerrymandering?

;D