Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2011, 02:14:48 PM
RealTimeWWII: Livetweeting the Second World War, as it happens on this date and time in 1939, and for 6 years to come.

Well worth following.

N.B Stew and Tyrone's Own should wait a couple of years before following.
Indeed it is. I have widgeted it to the wife's school history blog. Even the schoolchilder seem to be interested in it.

Don Johnson

Follow the Amazon Twitter this week for updates on their 'Black Friday' sale which is going all week.

I tweeted the Ulster Council last Friday asking what the McKenna Cup draw was, they still haven't got back to me! I didn't realise it was such a secret.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

made-up stats isn't bad.

Latest: Every year, 36 deaths are caused by using Excel whilst drunk.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

I think I will set up @hardyisahumpycunt. What do people think?

Puckoon

Some people might be afraid to add it to their favourites.

Hardy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 23, 2011, 08:02:25 PM

I'd say they probably think I am. But you can tell them how wrong they are.

No?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on November 23, 2011, 08:07:31 PM

No?

@hardyisahumpycunt just had breakfast, eggs over easy and tea with no sugar #whythefcukwouldyouputsugarintea

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on November 23, 2011, 08:07:31 PM

No?

Stop asking us banal questions.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Banal is a great word, wasted on what it's used for.

Orangemac

Quote from: Olly on November 22, 2011, 03:02:33 PM
It really pisses me off how up their own arses Celebrities are.

I joined twitter about 3 weeks ago and twittered about 100 celebs. I focussed mainly on John Cleese and sent him about 500 tweets in 2 weeks. Never ONCE did he reply. Yesterday I told him 'Hi John, just up. Had a shower and now eating Cheerios in my boxers. What you doing?'. Now, that doesn't ask for much like. I didn't ask him something personal or for money etc. He NEVER replied. Stuck up b**tard.

Demi Moore is another. I asked her about Ghost and if she thinks Patrick Swayze is watching her right now or even in the bed at night etc. No reply. Only once did someone reply. I asked Cheryl Cole if she thought Kant's ideas on utilitarianism were outdated and in fact insulting to modern society. She replied 'no'. Fair play to her.
Brilliant as usual Olly.

Hardy

Indeed. Excellent.

Olly's humour reminds me of what the likes of Curb our Enthusiasm and Ricky Gervais are trying to do. The difference is, those people (who get paid for it) simply play out the same scenario over and over in different situations and forget the main point of humour - it's supposed to make you laugh. Or at least smile.

Olly never repeats himself. And the crucial difference - he's funny.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on November 24, 2011, 08:49:06 AM
Indeed. Excellent.

Olly's humour reminds me of what the likes of Curb our Enthusiasm and Ricky Gervais are trying to do. The difference is, those people (who get paid for it) simply play out the same scenario over and over in different situations and forget the main point of humour - it's supposed to make you laugh. Or at least smile.

Olly never repeats himself. And the crucial difference - he's funny.
O'Neill is naturally a funny guy.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2011, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2011, 02:14:48 PM
RealTimeWWII: Livetweeting the Second World War, as it happens on this date and time in 1939, and for 6 years to come.

Well worth following.

N.B Stew and Tyrone's Own should wait a couple of years before following.
Indeed it is. I have widgeted it to the wife's school history blog. Even the schoolchilder seem to be interested in it.

It's excellent thanks for the tip off

From today, what an absolute **** that Captain Kennedy was, who the f**k did he think he was to play God with his crew's lives?

RealTimeWWII WW2 Tweets from 1939
HMS Rawalpindi, converted British passenger ship with 10 small guns, has spotted an enemy ship near Faroe Islands pic.twitter.com/zwmnAjEj
14 hours ago

British misled by thick fog. They've spotted- and been spotted by- German battleships Scharnhorst (photo) & Gneisenau pic.twitter.com/QGNDd080
14 hours ago
WW2 Tweets from 1939

Rawalpindi ordered to surrender. Its Captain, Kennedy, refuses: "We'll fight them both, they'll sink us, and that will be that. Good-bye"
14 hours ago
WW2 Tweets from 1939

HMS Rawalpindi has sunk, torn apart by battlecruisers' guns. 238 crew, including Captain Kennedy, are dead. 37 have been rescued by Germans
13 hours ago
WW2 Tweets from 1939

#newbridgeornowhere

BennyCake

Is there any legal or moral complications on twitter, if you want to report any news eg. From your local GAA club/uni/local businesses/local area etc?

Someone mentioned this to me as a way of promoting local business/local events/news etc from their local area, through Twitter. I said it seemed a good idea but wasn't sure if there would be any issues with doing so.

Any thoughts?