Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhJaysusRef

QuoteI don't get this "Southerners" business what about people from Inishowen what do you Northerners call them?

If I was speaking to someone from Inishowen, I would address him/her by their name.

screenexile

Did anyone see Joey Barton have a barney with a few journo's yesterday . . . it was great stuff!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2011, 10:31:56 AM
Did anyone see Joey Barton have a barney with a few journo's yesterday . . . it was great stuff!
Aye followed that. Shows Barton has a short fuse as his mask flipped very quickly. Philosopher to sc**bag within a few tweets. All kissed and made up now.

Link

Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2011, 08:36:57 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 08, 2011, 08:05:47 PM
Quote from: AhJaysusRef on August 08, 2011, 05:30:31 PM
When someone calls a person from the north a Nordie, they are implying the term 'them ones up there', with the suggestion that Southerners are superior beings and in fact a different breed entirely.

However very few people find the term Nordie offensive.

Most northerners actually find it humorous that 'Southerners' think it is a victory for them to call a person from the north a Nordie.

Let them have their little win, I say, for if that is what a person classes' a success then moments of a triumphant nature may are likely to be few and far between for this individual.

I don't get this "Southerners" business what about people from Inishowen what do you Northerners call them?

I don't bother with the "Southerners" thing I prefer to call ye all 'Free Staters'

Mexicans   :o

Croí na hÉireann

Following Tommy Tiernan now, always good for a daily laugh.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

BNP's Nick Griffin is busy on Twitter today.
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 09, 2011, 03:21:22 PM
Following Tommy Tiernan now, always good for a daily laugh.

Right up there as one of the biggest cnuts around IMO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Colm Parkinson or Woolberto as he calls himself caused a bit of stir on twiiter yesterday, he congratulated Athy on winning the Kildare championship but added he thought all they did there was take E's.

Alot of stuff thrown back at in, including a few right touches about his own past and personal habits  ;D

He has responded today with a note that names have been taken and if you say something about someone thats not true you can get yourself in trouble.

Great stuff  ;D

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on October 11, 2011, 03:14:11 PM
Colm Parkinson or Woolberto as he calls himself caused a bit of stir on twiiter yesterday, he congratulated Athy on winning the Kildare championship but added he thought all they did there was take E's.

Alot of stuff thrown back at in, including a few right touches about his own past and personal habits  ;D

He has responded today with a note that names have been taken and if you say something about someone thats not true you can get yourself in trouble.

Great stuff  ;D

He really is a tool.
If he had put as much effort into playing for Laois as he does trying to piss people off he could have been a great player and not the huge waste of talent that he turned out to be.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2011, 03:38:39 PM
He really is a tool.
If he had put as much effort into playing for Laois as he does trying to piss people off he could have been a great player and not the huge waste of talent that he turned out to be.

Absolutely, he really tries hard to be controversal and run people down. Hardly do his media career any good.

BennyCake

I'm thinking of joining Twitter but I have absolutely no idea about it.

I'm not on any social network, so on Twitter I would just want to follow people rather than post. I would also like to remain as private as possible, with little or nobody knowing i'm on it (don't want to get roped into this social networking malarky). Has anyone got any tips?

Don Johnson

Register with an email not containing your real name -> Don't put a profile pic or your real name up, use BennyCake or something less clear -> Also set your tweets to private (nobody can see your page unless you approve).

Bob's your uncle.

Hardy

Quote from: Bingo on October 11, 2011, 03:48:08 PMHardly do his media career any good.

His media career?

Bingo

Quote from: Hardy on November 09, 2011, 06:11:01 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 11, 2011, 03:48:08 PMHardly do his media career any good.

His media career?

Does he not do stuff for talknews or one of those stations?

Can't say I've listened but seen references to him appearing or reporting for them, if he came on and I was listening I doubt i'd know him mind.

Hardy

I dunno - haven't heard him, that I can remember. I was just surprised that a lad whose brain cells don't seem to be in danger of wearing out from rubbing together would be sought after by the media.

No - wait ...