Armagh next steps

Started by bennydorano, July 03, 2023, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

given they had 3 home games last year do armagh get 4 home games this year?

5times5times

Quote from: naka on August 02, 2023, 12:35:23 PM

Bar cork, no away journeys would be that bad

1.   Armagh
2.   Donegal
3.   Louth
4.   Cork
5.   Kildare
6.   Meath
7.   Fermanagh
8.   Cavan

bennydorano

Ironically, Cork away would probably attract the biggest away support of the campaign. The NFL weekend away trip.

naka

Quote from: 5times5times on August 02, 2023, 04:10:49 PM

Bar cork, no away journeys would be that bad

1.   Armagh
2.   Donegal
3.   Louth
4.   Cork
5.   Kildare
6.   Meath
7.   Fermanagh
8.   Cavan
i get that but 4 home games is always a help
donegal away, cavan away would be tough as both with new managers, kildare and Meath always awkward away so the more at home the better
especially as we may be trying out a new keeper with Ethan out for a while

AustinPowers

Not necessarily.  You might end up with 5  or 6 teams in div  2 next Season  who had 3  home games this season. So they can't all have  the reverse (4 home  games)  next season . Some team(s) might  end up with  only 3 home again

Sandy Hill

The right decision 👍👍
"Stercus accidit"

yellowcard

At least that's out of the way and the vote was unanimous and we can move on ahead for next year. The whole process was a fudge from the beginning and I think the county board got the result they wanted all along. Personally I think he deserves one more year on the basis that he has made us competitive and due to the fact that this group of players might only have one last throw of dice to try and achieve something. But I just hope that we veer away from the slow lateral, handpassing possession based stuff to play some decent attacking football. I presume that Gilligan coming in for Donaghy will get the task of improving our attack, let's hope he can add something new.

Louther

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 07, 2023, 09:38:55 PM
The right decision 👍👍

Says all the other counties.

Serial loser.

bennydorano

Quote from: yellowcard on August 07, 2023, 09:51:29 PM
At least that's out of the way and the vote was unanimous and we can move on ahead for next year. The whole process was a fudge from the beginning and I think the county board got the result they wanted all along. Personally I think he deserves one more year on the basis that he has made us competitive and due to the fact that this group of players might only have one last throw of dice to try and achieve something. But I just hope that we veer away from the slow lateral, handpassing possession based stuff to play some decent attacking football. I presume that Gilligan coming in for Donaghy will get the task of improving our attack, let's hope he can add something new.
Have I missed some news?? Did hear a rumour tonight that Donaghy is in the shake up for the Tipp job??

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on August 07, 2023, 10:39:38 PM
Have I missed some news?? Did hear a rumour tonight that Donaghy is in the shake up for the Tipp job??

Did you receive a Tipp off?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BrotherMore6592

Brilliant news for the rest of the country  ;D

Orior

Was Gilligan cheaper than Donaghy?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

It's a form of Stockholm Syndrome at this point

statto

I would agree.  Is Donaghy away for sure and Gilligan confirmed as replacement?