GAA record revenues..... why?

Started by thewobbler, February 11, 2020, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 12, 2020, 09:25:57 AM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 11, 2020, 10:42:00 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 11, 2020, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 11, 2020, 03:29:19 PM
Jases ye're some crowd of feckin whingers!!!

Could not agree more. If the GAA were losing money hand over fist they'd be on here complaining about incompetent management. Instead it's raking in the money, most of which is redistributed to the counties and clubs, and they're whinging about that.

Is it any wonder I take a drink?

100% every Club in the country benefits through Club Development Grants,  seriously well run organization.
not every club gets grants

not every county gets funding for their infrastructure

a lot of counties are spending money in order to be competitive with Dublin and Kerry

Don't know where your from but always found Croke Park, Leinster Council & Laois (County helps with applications) excellent when we have applied for development grants. 

Zooming around

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 12, 2020, 09:25:57 AM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 11, 2020, 10:42:00 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 11, 2020, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 11, 2020, 03:29:19 PM
Jases ye're some crowd of feckin whingers!!!

Could not agree more. If the GAA were losing money hand over fist they'd be on here complaining about incompetent management. Instead it's raking in the money, most of which is redistributed to the counties and clubs, and they're whinging about that.

Is it any wonder I take a drink?

100% every Club in the country benefits through Club Development Grants,  seriously well run organization.
not every club gets grants

not every county gets funding for their infrastructure

a lot of counties are spending money in order to be competitive with Dublin and Kerry

Do you have an example of an county that doesn't get funding for their infrastructure?

macdanger2

Quote from: screenexile on February 12, 2020, 12:37:47 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 11, 2020, 02:48:58 PM
QuoteOther development projects cited include the acquisition of the 31.8 acre property of Cloniffe College adjacent to Croke Park, a deal which concluded after the year's end, with plans for two full-sized pitches, club house and dressing rooms and planned usage "similar to Abbotstown

What's this development for?

I would imagine the Dubs??

Do they not already use Abbotstown? Or is that at capacity? I rarely hear of anything being on there (although presumably someone uses them?)

From OTB website, there's also this quote

Quote"Clubs, schools and county teams locally and from all over the country," encompasses those who Ryan can foresee using the facilities. "The demand for Abbotstown is such that I expect the Clonliffe pitches to be continually in use."

I'm not sure how much use clubs from around the country will use these facilities. Handy I guess for the local clubs to have the use of such facilities nearby without having to build them

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 12, 2020, 10:30:49 AM
QuoteOther development projects cited include the acquisition of the 31.8 acre property of Cloniffe College adjacent to Croke Park, a deal which concluded after the year's end, with plans for two full-sized pitches, club house and dressing rooms and planned usage "similar to Abbotstown

Do they not already use Abbotstown? Or is that at capacity? I rarely hear of anything being on there (although presumably someone uses them?)

Quote"Clubs, schools and county teams locally and from all over the country," encompasses those who Ryan can foresee using the facilities. "The demand for Abbotstown is such that I expect the Clonliffe pitches to be continually in use."

I'm not sure how much use clubs from around the country will use these facilities. Handy I guess for the local clubs to have the use of such facilities nearby without having to build them

it couls be to support the games in the inner city . I read some where  that in the last 50 years only 2 players from the inner city have played for Dublin, not sure if its much different at under age level?
Also the are loads of schools in and about there .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-warns-spending-caps-may-be-needed-to-tackle-30m-inter-county-costs-1.4170712

The combined cost of preparing and fielding senior inter-county teams for the 32 counties came to €29.74 million in 2019. This was an increase of 11.6 per cent over the previous year, a trend that simply cannot continue.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Quote from: rosnarun on February 12, 2020, 11:35:33 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 12, 2020, 10:30:49 AM

it couls be to support the games in the inner city . I read some where  that in the last 50 years only 2 players from the inner city have played for Dublin, not sure if its much different at under age level?
Also the are loads of schools in and about there .

Isn't that the responsibility of Dublin GAA rather than HQ?

seafoid

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2020, 11:36:22 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-warns-spending-caps-may-be-needed-to-tackle-30m-inter-county-costs-1.4170712

The combined cost of preparing and fielding senior inter-county teams for the 32 counties came to €29.74 million in 2019. This was an increase of 11.6 per cent over the previous year, a trend that simply cannot continue.

Does anyone have the split by county ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Add the cost of (outside) funding of managers not to mention another €20m (prob conservative estimate) for club managers.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2020, 11:36:22 AM

Why ? do you not think the GAA can continue to grow and attract more funding. I would expect that figure to grow  esp in middling performing counties to try and catch up with the high performing counties
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Maroon Manc

They've paid 95m euro's for the land, they must be very confident of making a profit when selling a lot of the land to developers to pay that for it.