Dara O'Briain

Started by Goats Do Shave, March 21, 2008, 08:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Seen him last night in the Waterfront, Belfast. He's very good. Lots of improvisations & very funny.

God the man talks sooooo quick!

Guillem2

My son was there too. Really enjoyed it but it was so fast he couldn't remember anything afterwards!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Goats Do Shave

There was a few couple came into the show late - so he kinda picked on them & their occupations.

Very intelligent man.

By the way - Colin Murphy was sitting in front of me (Didn't notice him laugh too much though!). He was with Datsun Donaghy's mate... the dude from that tractor tour show, not McKee... but the guy with the glasses... (he's the bar man from the Harp advert!)

David McKeown

I saw him on Wednesday night, thought he was absolutely superb, cant remember laughing so much in one night
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Leg End

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on March 21, 2008, 10:00:12 AM
There was a few couple came into the show late - so he kinda picked on them & their occupations.

Very intelligent man.

By the way - Colin Murphy was sitting in front of me (Didn't notice him laugh too much though!). He was with Datsun Donaghy's mate... the dude from that tractor tour show, not McKee... but the guy with the glasses... (he's the bar man from the Harp advert!)

colin murphy wasnt the best when i seen him. a heckler got the better of him so he got the heckler kicked out. i hate hecklers like but it was embarrassing for him
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Sandy Hill

Quote from: David McKeown on March 21, 2008, 11:37:40 AM
I saw him on Wednesday night, thought he was absolutely superb, cant remember laughing so much in one night

Lucky man; last night I allowed myself to be talked into going to see "Give my Head Peace" in the MarketPlace Theatre in Armagh. Such unbelieveably puerile shit! Definitely the worst show I've ever seen!
"Stercus accidit"

nifan

Couldnt get tickets for dara o'briain and was dissappointed.
I think he is very funny and as said before very intelligent - i think he won the irish universities debating competition or something when he was younger.

David McKeown

Quote from: nifan on March 21, 2008, 12:20:44 PM
Couldnt get tickets for dara o'briain and was dissappointed.
I think he is very funny and as said before very intelligent - i think he won the irish universities debating competition or something when he was younger.

He won the Irish Times debating competition in 1994 I believe, still atlked about in briefings for competitions, a fine debater.  Has also won some of the other competitions about such as the John Smith memorial mace although I cant remember what year that was
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ziggysego

Seen Dara O'Briain twice and both times he was excellent. I would rate him as one of the best in the country.

And Sandy, I went to see 'The Blame Game' in Omagh last month. Thought it was very good too, however 'Da' was bitterly poor. He put me off getting tickets to see 'Give My Head Peace'.
Testing Accessibility

Fermanaghandsam

Was at the show last night as well, it was def very funny. Liked the joke about "Mr Tayto".

Was trying to get tickets to Frankie Boyle as well, but he is sold out  >:(

Sandy Hill

Quote from: ziggysego on March 21, 2008, 01:53:53 PM
Seen Dara O'Briain twice and both times he was excellent. I would rate him as one of the best in the country.

And Sandy, I went to see 'The Blame Game' in Omagh last month. Thought it was very good too, however 'Da' was bitterly poor. He put me off getting tickets to see 'Give My Head Peace'.
One of your better decisions Ziggy!
"Stercus accidit"

nifan

Give my head peace is painfull watching

Bogball XV

I think he played either minor hurling or football for wickla

glenullinabu

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 21, 2008, 08:00:12 PM
I think he played either minor hurling or football for wickla

minor hurling for limerick