Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Ballyfin were a breath of fresh air Saturday they played alovely brand of fast attacking football.

Only in experience and two late goals meant a nervous finish for them they were 7-8 points the better team.

James Finn gave and tremendous performance in midfield as did Rob Tyrell.

They are a fine dual club and must take great credit for what they achieve on such small numbers.
They had some support there Saturday altho im sure all the neutrals added there voices to the exciting finish.

Ben Conroy coming back will only add more options to there attack.

Portlaoise have a serious full forward line that has goals goals goals in them.

They will be hard to stop.

Ballylinan played great football and deserved their win.

Port look like a team destined for a semi spot.

I didn't see Graigue v the Heath or Arles v Killeshin.

Kileen did enough to win against a Mounmellick team lacking fitness.

LAOIS ABÚ

town1980

Ballyroan Abu what happened yee yesterday evening????

redsetanta

Good to see Portarlington and Graigue joining Portlaoise in the quarters. We've spoken about the contribution of the urban centres to the Laois cause in the past so this has to be welcomed. Mountmellick down in the relegation fight isn't good for a town that size.

Stradbally in relegation does nothing for their credibility either being the defending champions.

Josephs going nowhere again this year and it's hard to look beyond Portlaoise for a winner although they might get a game from Graigue or Port were they to meet. In saying that Graigue have promised much in the past and failed to deliver.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

town1980

i feel both graigue and portarlington are differant this year,port had the easier game against a very poor looking ballyroan side,ballyroan should have been beaten by crettyard whilst gragiue in my opinion have shown a little bit of character to turn around a dismal first half to a super second half against the heath  and i think it will bring them on further they have definately responded to p clancy been over them when you look at how far  back ballyroan have gone in my opinion compared to last year, all said i cannot see anyone stopping the town were just on the money at thin minute and look a united team and a changed team if only mal seen the potential in a couple of them last year its 11 in arow we would be going for   

SCFC

Quote from: redsetanta on August 16, 2017, 11:38:14 AM
Good to see Portarlington and Graigue joining Portlaoise in the quarters. We've spoken about the contribution of the urban centres to the Laois cause in the past so this has to be welcomed.
Not enough players from those three clubs on the Laois senior panel.
A lot of lads won't commit for whatever reason.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Graiguecullen have a lot of young players at the moment and the still have to develop physically to compete with the top teams. They were lost in the first half and only started to compete when Aaron Forbes came in as he is a big, physical guy. 
Clancy is doing a great job there but I feel the next round could be a bit too far for them depending who they draw. If he gets three years with them they could turn into a very good team as they have the talent to get to a final.

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/08/16/updated-laois-gaa-football-rankings-two-rounds-championship/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

portlaoisekid

Its so refreshing to so Port and Graigue bringing so many young lads through.   Its a testament to both clubs. Laois in general needs this.

In the championship as a whole I'm impressed with the younger generation playing, most are still very raw and not ready for inter county action but there seems to be something to build on .

It should be a tight enough finish to the championship but unlike previous years Portlaoise look in the mood for this championship .

OTF

Dare I say
Green shoots

BallyroanAbu

This Weekend
O DEMPSEYS V CRETTYARD hard to see past O Dempseys
BallyroanAbbey V ArlesKileen Hard to see Ballyroan overturning Kileen (fingers crossed)
Clonaslee V Mountmellick  Mountmellick all the way
Kilcruise  V Stradbally   I think Kilcruise here, Stradbally are not in the same parish as last year.
The Heath V Killeshin  a complete toss up Killeshin I suppose
St Josephs V Ballyfin   Josephs should win but I am going for Ballyfin.

Uisce

The Heath v Killeshin -> Very hard to call but will go with Killeshin
O'Dempsey's v Crettyard Gaels -> O'Dempseys are better than they showed v Portlaoise, should win here
St Joseph's v Ballyfin Gaels -> Josephs will be too strong for Ballyfin
Ballyroan-Abbey v Arles-Killeen -> Killeen to have too much firepower

Clonaslee-St Manman's Gaels v Mountmellick Gaels -> Mountmellick to just edge this one.
Stradbally v Arles-Kilcruise -> Draw

SCFC

Heath o Dempseys Joe's and Killeen to win for me.

Mellick and Strad to win and avoid the drop.

The Saint

I'd expect ODempseys to win easily, 8 -10pts
Josephs to just about get over the line by 3 or 4 pts, injuries still a big problem.
Killeshin to beat The Heath by 4 or 5pts
Kilcruise to beat Strad in a tight game
Killeen to win with a bit to spare
Mountmellick to account for CSM

town1980

Both games were terrible Evan o Carroll doesn't look the first cousin of a county footballer his gone so poor,,, Killeen second half upped there games ballyroan were woeful and are lucky not to be n relegation,joes and Heath for me tmw

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois Shopping Centre Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals
Portarlington v Arles-Killeen
Portlaoise v O'Dempsey's
Graiguecullen v St Joseph's
Ballylinan v Killeshin

Laois Shopping Centre Senior Football Championship Relegation Final
Arles-Kilcruise v Mountmellick Gaels
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoisguy

Quote from: town1980 on August 26, 2017, 09:48:31 PM
Both games were terrible Evan o Carroll doesn't look the first cousin of a county footballer his gone so poor,,, Killeen second half upped there games ballyroan were woeful and are lucky not to be n relegation,joes and Heath for me tmw

Please please will someone look at this guys workrate....is it county standard