Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

We can all influence the type of reply's that we want here by simply ignoring the offensive ones. Everyone is entitled to an opinion without being insulted if we don't agree with it.

On the management issue, I don't think the problem is who we get as manager, it's more who we get as panel members. We need to find a way to get committed lads on board who are prepared to have a few lean years while management try to build some sort of system that will improve our skills and attitudes.

It will take a better man than me to know how to do that but its the only way forward now. We are living on past glories far too long now, it's time to create some new ones....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Ah here if lads can't handle a few fucks they've never been at a match in their lives.

Unison

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on July 08, 2015, 12:27:44 PM
Not trying to be a Holy Joe or anything Don, but could you please cut out the expletives in your replies. Almost every reply you post have them and to be honest does nothing for the good points you are trying to make, in fact it makes you sound like a delinquent schoolboy.
There is no need for it and I think you would be taken far more seriously if you cut it out as you are a good poster and contribute some very valid points to this forum.

I couldn't agree more. It's hard to take someone who peppers his messages with expletives so much, seriously.

Giovanni

QuoteVery little yet, committees being formed, questions being asked. I also heard a rumour there was an online push for Niall Tully to get the job, please f**k that doesn't happen.

Not trying to be a Holy Joe or anything Don, but could you please cut out the expletives in your replies. Almost every reply you post have them and to be honest does nothing for the good points you are trying to make, in fact it makes you sound like a delinquent schoolboy.
There is no need for it and I think you would be taken far more seriously if you cut it out as you are a good poster and contribute some very valid points to this forum.

Fair play Junior.

Windbreaker

"On the management issue, I don't think the problem is who we get as manager, it's more who we get as panel members. We need to find a way to get committed lads on board who are prepared to have a few lean years while management try to build some sort of system that will improve our skills and attitudes. "

would totally agree Junior,,, would Glen Ryan be a taught,,, did great stuff up in Longford highly rated up there,,

Teo Lurley

He could be a taught but the taught of a crackpot. Glen Ryan no, No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 08, 2015, 01:45:58 PM
Dessie Brennan would be a good appointment for Laois. Fine management record at club level, popular with players and a passionate Laoisman.
Now we're talking. Not a more sincere or genuine man you could meet and has been very successful at club level. i know him well but i doubt if he would be accepted, No one in laois bar his club St Josephs would know anything about him and he would'nt be everyones cup of tea at Board level.

Teo Lurley

Maybe he could find us another Shane Cooke. :/

OTF

Quote from: Unison on July 08, 2015, 03:17:56 PM

I couldn't agree more. It's hard to take someone who peppers his messages with expletives so much, seriously.

I'd take a different view, just ignore the expletives and read his posts.
As far as I can see he's well informed he certainly calls a spade a spade.
This could come back to haunt me but at this moment in time I like what Don is posting.

SCFC

Quote from: The Melancholy Sloth on July 08, 2015, 01:36:16 PM
I think Don has dug his own grave at this stage. A lot of posters on this forum seem to have a complete lack of decorum and there is a complete respect for the other posters and their opinions. At least on Laoistalk there was a moderator to filter out some of this stuff so the real issues at hand could be discussed.

The irony considering who Don used to be on Laoistalk!

clubjoe14

I believe chris conway would be an ideal candidate for the laois manager job, a well respected man around the county, a very proud laois man, has a good track record with training knockbeg college. Has an excellent knowledge of laois football. I feel he would bring an excitment back to football in the county and his experience with working with younger players could be beneifical in helping the senior team rebuild.

Teo Lurley

Tony McEntee lads. He's the man we need.

Giovanni

Any chance Woolly might be interested? Or that the county board might be interested in Woolly?  :o

He makes a lot of sense from behind the mic and I'd imagine he'd be a players' manager. Could do worse??

Timmy

I agree with what you say about Chris Conway in regards to his service to Laois and respect throughout the county.

But surely the minimum we would want someone who has experience in managing adult footballers?? He has a good track record with Knockbeg. But managing a school team and an inter county team are worlds apart. I don't think it even has any relevance, if it was for the minor job then yes.
In saying that, he would be a pick of mine for a selector role.

Tony McEntee is a good shout for me. Won 2 all ireland clubs as manager. Am I right in saying he is managing a club in Dublin at the moment?

From the Terrace

Whoever takes this is going to be a brave man/men our last few managers have left with reputations worst than coming in, Arguably there reps were not too high. Is Mick Lillis in for this? or has he taken up minors for next year would prefer latter as he done a good job with those lads this year. Don't know dessie brennan.. Think maybe someone senior with chris conway would be an idea obviously not the man im supporting as he has not headed a management team before at this level don before you start getting your k******s in a twist again!!