Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 07:25:52 PM
Quote from: stew on January 12, 2018, 06:46:06 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 05:13:45 PM
Quote from: stew on January 12, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Michaelg show us your norn iron passport to prove norn iron exists please, you cant, they dont exist, why you ask do they not exist, they dont exist because norn iron is not a country, it isnt even a province, it is 2/3rds of a province.

Who are "they"?

As for existing, I don't know who in the world holds the definitive list of "countries" but UEFA and FIFA definitely own the definitive list of international football teams and according to then Northern Ireland does exist.  In a soccer context that's all that matters. 

So I don't think michaelg dreamt the Northern Ireland matches he was at.

/Jim.

Of course in a soccer context that is all that matters ffs! It is not a nation, some of their fans, many of their fans believe it to be a country, an actual country /Jim, it is not an actual country /Jim.

Our wee country cant even make it as a province let alone a country but they did put up one hell of a fight in the WC playoffs, which is more than the Republic, a real country did in their playoff game.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

Regardless of what entity it represents Fifa have a team called "Northern Ireland" .  If michaelg calls out that people here can't even refer to the team by it's name then I think it says more about them than him.

/Jim.

Jim, to me saying northern Ireland is about as natural as saying Londonderry, it is a term coined by the british as is Londonderry and I would be curious as to wether you would use the term Londonderry to describe the city of Derry?

If not then that says a lot about you, if so it says a lot about you.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

michaelg

Looks like Michael could be off to manage Scotland. I fear that the old "pub team" dig on here will nor be long to re-surface when he's gone!

StGallsGAA

Quote from: michaelg on January 13, 2018, 09:34:58 AM
Looks like Michael could be off to manage Scotland. I fear that the old "pub team" dig on here will nor be long to re-surface when he's gone!

Would the 'pub' team name bit be more fitting for the RePUBlic of Ireland?

michaelg

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 13, 2018, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: michaelg on January 13, 2018, 09:34:58 AM

Would the 'pub' team name bit be more fitting for the RePUBlic of Ireland?

Not a whole pile in it tbh - We (i.e. NI) have been more consistently shite, however, in recent history.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: stew on January 13, 2018, 01:11:56 AM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 07:25:52 PM
Quote from: stew on January 12, 2018, 06:46:06 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 05:13:45 PM
Quote from: stew on January 12, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Michaelg show us your norn iron passport to prove norn iron exists please, you cant, they dont exist, why you ask do they not exist, they dont exist because norn iron is not a country, it isnt even a province, it is 2/3rds of a province.

Who are "they"?

As for existing, I don't know who in the world holds the definitive list of "countries" but UEFA and FIFA definitely own the definitive list of international football teams and according to then Northern Ireland does exist.  In a soccer context that's all that matters. 

So I don't think michaelg dreamt the Northern Ireland matches he was at.

/Jim.

Of course in a soccer context that is all that matters ffs! It is not a nation, some of their fans, many of their fans believe it to be a country, an actual country /Jim, it is not an actual country /Jim.

Our wee country cant even make it as a province let alone a country but they did put up one hell of a fight in the WC playoffs, which is more than the Republic, a real country did in their playoff game.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

Regardless of what entity it represents Fifa have a team called "Northern Ireland" .  If michaelg calls out that people here can't even refer to the team by it's name then I think it says more about them than him.

/Jim.

Jim, to me saying northern Ireland is about as natural as saying Londonderry, it is a term coined by the british as is Londonderry and I would be curious as to wether you would use the term Londonderry to describe the city of Derry?

If not then that says a lot about you, if so it says a lot about you.

My personal preference is to say Derry. I wouldn't choke prepending it with London in certain circumstances.  I certainly can allow myself accept (and  even utter) that there is an international soccer team called "Northern Ireland".

/Jim.

Edit: As a clarification before being asked I do come from the "Free State" and as  for being a Gael I am fortunate to have a long involvement with inter-county hurling.

Milltown Row2

Sure Stew fecked aff when the going got tough in the North, proper Irish man him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2018, 12:40:39 PM
Sure Stew fecked aff when the going got tough in the North, proper Irish man him

Wind up, poor effort kid. I left in 96 so noooooooooooo.

I should have left earlier, I dont give a shite what Religion anyone is,that said I am very much a nationalist and think along pro Irish lines, I have a certain level of disdain for unionism and I make no apologies for that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on January 13, 2018, 06:03:04 PM

I should have left earlier, I dont give a shite what Religion anyone is,that said I am very much a nationalist and think along pro Irish lines, I have a certain level of disdain for unionism and I make no apologies for that.

So ya left cause your heart wasn't in it, preferred to let the rest work through it, and in that short time you left you became an American! With American fucked up ideas! You seem type that that would follow a paper bag blowing down the street!

More concerned with what the democrats and the Republicans (not our republicans)are doing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Quote from: ashman on January 22, 2018, 03:58:01 PM
MON is staying put .
If he ends up signing the improved IFA contract, he's played a blinder there. 6 year deal worth £700k a year for a job from which he's not going to get sacked is good going.

stew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2018, 08:22:05 PM

So ya left cause your heart wasn't in it, preferred to let the rest work through it, and in that short time you left you became an American! With American fucked up ideas! You seem type that that would follow a paper bag blowing down the street!

More concerned with what the democrats and the Republicans (not our republicans)are doing

I left for reasons I have made clear on this site before, I am not now nor will I ever be an American, who are you to tell me I have fucked up ideas?

You dont know me and dont presume to know me internet warrior!

I am more concerned about what the democrats and republicans are doing because what they do matters you half wit! The idiots in stormont dont matter one iota at the minute, did you miss the memo?????

I was never a republican in Ireland or the USA, ok kid? No fack away aff, theres a good lad!

imtommygunn

Quote from: michaelg on January 22, 2018, 10:38:50 PM
MON is staying put .
If he ends up signing the improved IFA contract, he's played a blinder there. 6 year deal worth £700k a year for a job from which he's not going to get sacked is good going.

He has set a bar now though. Minimum expectation euro qualification i would have thought?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on January 23, 2018, 01:23:05 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2018, 08:22:05 PM

I left for reasons I have made clear on this site before, I am not now nor will I ever be an American, who are you to tell me I have fucked up ideas?

You dont know me and dont presume to know me internet warrior!

I am more concerned about what the democrats and republicans are doing because what they do matters you half wit! The idiots in stormont dont matter one iota at the minute, did you miss the memo?????

I was never a republican in Ireland or the USA, ok kid? No fack away aff, theres a good lad!

The American politics has never made an impact on my life other than road closures when the halfwits come here....

I dont give a shit either about Irish politics as they are all courupt, has been the case for hundreds of years in all countries it seems, but hey if you're interested in that then carry on.

I aint your kid and nor an internet warrior... you do seem to have a lot of anger though, you'd feel a lot better if you didnt use the internet too much.

AQMP

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2018, 07:28:05 AM
Quote from: michaelg on January 22, 2018, 10:38:50 PM
MON is staying put .

He has set a bar now though. Minimum expectation euro qualification i would have thought?

Sure does everyone bar Andorra and Gibraltar not qualify automatically for the next Euros ;)

Ronnie