Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Lots of club general meetings over the coming weeks. Was wondering is their any news/rumours regarding Gaels amalgamations for the coming year(football). I hear Kileen aproached Timahoe to join with them. Joe's /Barrowhouse is back on the agenda again.Cretty/Spink/Ballinakill is also being talked about. On the management front i hear P Clancy is with Graigue and Higgins is with Ballyroan although Kileshin are also interested in him. I also hear that Martin Murphy is gone from Stradbally(silly season talk IMO).

High Fielder

Joes/Barrowhouse should happen. The contribution from Barrowhouse would probably be small enough, so I'm sure Josephs are wondering if it would be worthwhile when you factor in a name change too. In many ways it wouldn't, but it does at least have method in its thinking because they play underage together.

El Jefe

Fergal Byron not with Courtwood next year I hear. Eddie Kinsella's name mentioned to take over

Ballyroan Abbey

Heard alot of these in the last few days, in football joesphs/barrowhouse together with the kingstons going back to barrowhouse, killen/timahoe going together, mountmellick/emo, cretty and spink back in with each other, in the hurling slieve bloom would prefer to go with castletown than ballinakill, ballyfin and mountmellick back together, colt and trumera going with each other, ballypickas and timahoe joining together and going to play with shanahoe as a gales team, im aware that many of these are probably nonsense just wondering if anyone else had heard of more

BallyroanAbu

Barrowhouse & Josephs I have heard.  Timahoe Heath thats all so far I have heard and I think Timahoe and Heath are looking seriously at it.

tcrilly

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on December 06, 2016, 10:13:11 PM
Heard alot of these in the last few days, in football joesphs/barrowhouse together with the kingstons going back to barrowhouse, killen/timahoe going together, mountmellick/emo, cretty and spink back in with each other, in the hurling slieve bloom would prefer to go with castletown than ballinakill, ballyfin and mountmellick back together, colt and trumera going with each other, ballypickas and timahoe joining together and going to play with shanahoe as a gales team, im aware that many of these are probably nonsense just wondering if anyone else had heard of more

Sat here in work with a timahoe lad, its talk and difficult as the hurling/football divide is coming to a head, and heard that colt are reluctant to join with trumera as everyone else who joined with them ran a mile, apparently they wouldn't train in Kyle and play guys that don't train although that was only talk from a castletown man, could be fairytales

Ballyroan Abbey

Sat here in work with a timahoe lad, its talk and difficult as the hurling/football divide is coming to a head, and heard that colt are reluctant to join with trumera as everyone else who joined with them ran a mile, apparently they wouldn't train in Kyle and play guys that don't train although that was only talk from a castletown man, could be fairytales
[/quote]

I was told by one of the colt selectors from last year that it was happening, i suppose the differences between trumera/kyle and the colt/trumera partnership are that colt is the senior partner and trumera wont be able to dictate terms like they did with kyle, essentially the shoe is on the other foot, also the fact they are neighbouring clubs and play together at underage should work favourbly for them, dont suppose the castlefown man mentioned a gales team with slieve bloom.

tcrilly

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on December 07, 2016, 11:28:32 AM

I was told by one of the colt selectors from last year that it was happening, i suppose the differences between trumera/kyle and the colt/trumera partnership are that colt is the senior partner and trumera wont be able to dictate terms like they did with kyle, essentially the shoe is on the other foot, also the fact they are neighbouring clubs and play together at underage should work favourbly for them, dont suppose the castlefown man mentioned a gales team with slieve bloom.

That sounds more like it anyway, geographically it makes sense, and yeah he said ballinakill even offered to put slieve bloom crest on jerseys, but the players aka ben Conroy would rather hurl with castletown ad he hurled all the way up along with the same lads his age, either way he wants senior club hurling
[/quote]

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

I would think the chances of colt-trumera or castletown-slieve bloom linking up are the same as portlaoise-clonad linking up, slim or nil... too much bad blood between the clubs or individuals within the clubs.

the only real hurling case to resolved will be what if anything happens with timahoe hurlers.

Don Draper

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on December 07, 2016, 12:42:48 PM
I would think the chances of colt-trumera or castletown-slieve bloom linking up are the same as portlaoise-clonad linking up, slim or nil... too much bad blood between the clubs or individuals within the clubs.

the only real hurling case to resolved will be what if anything happens with timahoe hurlers.
+1. There hasn't been a word of truth spoken on this entire subject. Laughable stuff being posted.

Have Timahoe held an AGM yet?

Ballyroan Abbey

In fairness i think its far more likely for a colt/trumera and castletown/slieve bloom gales than portlaoise/clonad. From what i was told there are around 7 lads in timahoe who want to hurl with ballypickas (believe alot of the players are quite friendly with each other) and that ballypickas are quite receptive to this happening so it is basically coming down to the timahoe committee, don like i said in the first post alot of this could be bullshit, im just relaying what ive heard

tcrilly

Quote from: Don Draper on December 07, 2016, 12:54:44 PM

+1. There hasn't been a word of truth spoken on this entire subject. Laughable stuff being posted.

Have Timahoe held an AGM yet?
I'm not claiming its fact, as I stated it was just what I heard

Keyser Söze

Come out from under that rock will you.
I assume you are not privy to the inner workings of Colt, Trumera, Castletown, Slieve Bloom and all other hurling clubs in Laois.

Also, I don't see Timahoe hurlers as more "in-demand" than those from any of the clubs above.
IMO- the splitting of a club into hurling and football factions is a dangerous road to be going down!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

This is a thread that keeps on giving....

Lads with axes to grind and agendas to push posing baseless rumours as fact or "hearsay".

I know of one timahoe hurler who on reading this said he didnt realise they were in such demand.

let the bidding commence........

tcrilly

Quote from: clonadmad on December 07, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
This is a thread that keeps on giving....

Lads with axes to grind and agendas to push posing baseless rumours as fact or "hearsay".

I know of one timahoe hurler who on reading this said he didnt realise they were in such demand.

let the bidding commence........

Pub talk lol if a club has the numbers they shouldn't be let join by the county board in my opinion and transfers are given out too easily, trumera,Kyle,slieve bloom,colt can only stay going so long on the hurling front, I haven't a clue about football clubs and couldn't name the Laois starting 15 without Google