Bertie Ahern - retires

Started by Kerry Mike, December 31, 2010, 10:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Read the Shane Ross Book- Wasters over the Christmas. Waht a legacy this man has left us. Let history judge him.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 04, 2011, 01:31:18 AM
I ignored this thread  because of the anger this man rages in me. The only positive for me is my ablity to read a persons character is intact as i had this fcker pinged yrs ago. Some great contributions on here from indiana,bogball and lar.

I have 1 question when are we likely to get a verdict in mahon tribunal?

And is there anyway the people of this Island can force poltical reform and how politics is run? Its time for overhaul, we cannot continue like this and watch the same thing happen again...
I'd bet on the report being published next May or thereabouts.
We've been told that the contents are finalised but there have been a number of issues that has held its publication back. ASFAIK, the final obstacle was cleared last November when Owen O'Callaghan's appeal to the Supreme Court failed. It was reported then that Mahon and his team needed about six months more to tie up loose ends.
Ya need to bear in mind at all time that this is a tribunal and not a court. Alan Mahon won't send Bertie anywhere. That is not the function of a tribunal like this one. But the CAB , the revenue commissioners or the DPP may go after him as a result of the Mahon findings.
Ray Burke became a guest of the state because he was found guilty of obstructing the work of the tribunal but George Redmond was jailed after a follow-up investigation by the CAB. There have been a number of interim reports since the circus began as various modules were completed.
The next and final one should string them all together and bring out the one we have all been waiting for.
Bertie's big concern is being found guilty of the charge of political corruption.
That is what the tribunal was set up to investigate.
If he is found guilty, the DPP will move against him. If not, the revenue officials or the CAB may shake a few bob out of his pile of brown envelopes- that's about all that they can do.
I felt he was playing a blinder up to the very end of the public hearings—Grainne Carruth's evidence was very damaging.
What about the money he 'won' on the gee-gee's? Well, what about it?
Mahon needs to find that he got it from some source in return for political favours before the DPP goes after him. That means in simple English that Mahon will need to find that he did not win it on the racetrack.
I can't see that happening.
Bertie was caught lying about the money Grainne Carruth deposited for him. I can't see him being cited for anything else. He just might get in trouble with the DPP and the gardai but I won't bet on it.
Remember he is not on trial for banjaxing our economy.

I have seen some of my own family having to emigrate and have had my income slashed as a result of the mismanagement of the economy by Ahern and Cowan and I'm not a happy bunny.
It's just that I don't see Alan Mahon making me much happier.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mikhail Prokhorov

He's back!!!!

and heading north  ;D

Ahern for President  ???

Gmac

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 09, 2023, 09:25:37 PM
He's back!!!!

and heading north  ;D

Ahern for President  ???
the corruption haz picked up a notch since Bertie was around he's a light weight nowadays.