The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
Niall Tóibín doing Brendan Behan on TG4 earlier.
Brilliant!!

Watched most of that - was very good! Even for the old footage of Dublin alone
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rudi on November 15, 2019, 09:46:52 PM
It's going to be pure scutter tonight, young wans trying to save the planet.

Save the planet? How dare they!

Boycey

Christy in top form last night. He's getting better with age if anything, less intense ..

BennyCake

Just watching a record of the Toy show. I can't take anymore, I'm in bits here. Some of the shite those wee youngsters deal with makes you realise how lucky a lot of us are.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on December 01, 2019, 10:40:46 PM
Just watching a record of the Toy show. I can't take anymore, I'm in bits here. Some of the shite those wee youngsters deal with makes you realise how lucky a lot of us are.

Was one of the best toy shows! A lot of emotional issues dealt with. To be fair Tubridy is very good at dealing with kids!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 01, 2019, 11:04:33 PM

Was one of the best toy shows! A lot of emotional issues dealt with. To be fair Tubridy is very good at dealing with kids!
Totally agree ,I would be far from his biggest fan but he is superb on the toy show ,

Itchy

The Toy was possibly the greatest thing RTE have done in a decade. Credit where it is due, leading the way on some key issues effecting children. Well done to Tubridy too.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 01, 2019, 11:04:33 PM

You're trying to humour The Grinch?

ONeill

McGowan and Begley was the most surreal moment on TV this decade. A fitting tribute to Gay Byrne.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

balladmaker

Quote from: ONeill on December 14, 2019, 11:04:33 AM
McGowan and Begley was the most surreal moment on TV this decade. A fitting tribute to Gay Byrne.

A shocking moment .... Philomena a very poor choice, didn't know the song well enough, didn't have the voice for it, sang over Shane's lines .... cringeworthy!

Aaron Boone

Regardless of last night, Philomena Begley remains the undisputed Queen of Country.

quit yo jibbajabba

Must be the only wan in ireland that doesnt know the words

BennyCake

Tubridy stupidly brings up the 'lousy f**got' lyric, and Shane rightly tells him to f**k off.

Targetman

Does anyone really think Jason Byrne is funny cos I think he's feckin brutal, and that tool Tubridy encouraging him with his false laugh, as for Pat Short.....

BennyCake

Quote from: Targetman on December 14, 2019, 08:04:51 PM
Does anyone really think Jason Byrne is funny cos I think he's feckin brutal, and that tool Tubridy encouraging him with his false laugh, as for Pat Short.....

Jason Byrne has his moments, but he was absolutely brutal last night.

Pat Short in normal conversation is very funny, but I just don't get that kind of comedy. That d'unbelievable's stuff was brutal as well.