Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on November 28, 2020, 11:48:58 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 28, 2020, 11:36:08 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 28, 2020, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 28, 2020, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 28, 2020, 11:16:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 28, 2020, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 28, 2020, 10:13:57 PM
Jesus I cant believe the negativity on Tubridy, thought he was brilliant. I particularly enjoyed polly protestant, a star in the making.
Aye. No point saying he's universally shit - he's not great with sportspeople but he's made the toy show.

Hes not good with sports people but then need was Pat Kenny or Gay Byrne. Personally I couldn't stand that condescending p***k Gay Byrne.

probably coz he gave it to old 10k teeth?

I dont understand what that means but my main reason was how he treated Annie Murphy but as an uber right winger you were probably OK with that yourself.

??? right wing ffs

Do you pick your tv presenters based on their abortion stance? Tubs would be pro choice I'd say but good auld Gaybo, he had the bishops hand up his hole he'd be your type of man. Do you do the same when picking your barber, butcher etc.

yep i always check my barbers arse for quick entry evidence before i get my hair cut lol

armaghniac

Janey, Adam Clayton has a serious lockdown haircut, he looks worse than me.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

balladmaker

Sharon Shannon gets massive exposure for some reason, never did quite get her.

From the Bunker

Quote from: balladmaker on December 05, 2020, 01:47:16 AM

To be fair it's not like she courts the public!

6th sam

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2020, 07:12:04 AM

I know it's ridiculous, you should only get on tv if you're a reality Tv star or controversial. Tubridy would need to have a look at himself , for choosing musical geniuses for their talent , I mean, she's not even on Instagram 😂

Last Man

Quote from: 6th sam on December 05, 2020, 09:20:06 AM

I know it's ridiculous, you should only get on tv if you're a reality Tv star or controversial. Tubridy would need to have a look at himself , for choosing musical geniuses for their talent , I mean, she's not even on Instagram 😂

Well said sir! lol

balladmaker

Quote from: 6th sam on December 05, 2020, 09:20:06 AM

Or a Country 'star' who can't sing, RTÉ scraped the bottom of the barrel last night.

JoG2

Worth a fortune, and applied for and got all 3 of the government grants to help musicians during this pandemic. I know a tonne of bands / musicians and none of them got a penny. Sharon's part of the 'haves'. Does anyone actually know anyone outside of the rte / media darlings who got help through these grants?

6th sam

Quote from: JoG2 on December 12, 2020, 06:48:32 PM

Worth a fortune, and applied for and got all 3 of the government grants to help musicians during this pandemic. I know a tonne of bands / musicians and none of them got a penny. Sharon's part of the 'haves'. Does anyone actually know anyone outside of the rte / media darlings who got help through these grants?

Don't know the specifics, but artists have been the forgotten victims of this pandemic. Our artistic flair is one of our best attributes as a nation. The contribution of the Arts to health and well-being is massive , but government appears to have shown no empathy to musicians etc. Much like the pubs, these businesses have been told to shut up shop to save lives, and they have done so, but if they don't get financial help , many will go under and our society and culture will be irreparably damaged.

Rudi

Jaysus that "poet" would give ya a serious dose of the trots.

Godsown

Didn't mind the poet but given the array of talent there it was one borefest. Turbidy at his worst but That Bono is one p***k . For a 90 minute show there wasn't 30 mins music. Wonder do Rte accept donations from the black north but just can't allow nordies to enter their competitions

6th sam

Good show tonight . Not normally a fan of Late Late, but RT and his team have been excellent throughout the pandemic, telling stories, raising awareness and attempting to maintain a degree of normalcy in these challenging times. The piece tonight re Jennifer Pim recently bereaved as a result of Covid was incredible TV. Very emotional , sensitive and informative. Tubridy  has shone in this pandemic , his respectful empathy , and clear messaging has been outstanding.

mrdeeds

Quote from: 6th sam on January 22, 2021, 11:12:08 PM
Good show tonight . Not normally a fan of Late Late, but RT and his team have been excellent throughout the pandemic, telling stories, raising awareness and attempting to maintain a degree of normalcy in these challenging times. The piece tonight re Jennifer Pim recently bereaved as a result of Covid was incredible TV. Very emotional , sensitive and informative. Tubridy  has shone in this pandemic , his respectful empathy , and clear messaging has been outstanding.

Sorry can't agree. We're bombarded with Covid all week and then the Friday night light hearted programme is now full of Covid, death and misery. Time and place. We need cheering up.

BennyCake

I know we're in a pandemic but it's depressing tuning in sometimes. Having said that, that woman's story was heartbreaking. And I know her message was to people to wear masks, wash hands , don't meet up etc. But maybe messages need to be directed towards politicians and governments for letting countless flights into the country, and for not enforcing quarantine. The country is fighting a losing battle looking out for themselves without countless totally unnecessary spanner's being chucked into the mix.

By the way, can the TLLS not go one week without hearing from some gobshite politician from America? Why is this country obsessed with everything American? Politics, music, celebrities, sport etc etc. Feckin do your head in.

Rossfan

Let's ignore Covid and it'll go away ::)
Switched off when I saw Frankie Gavin who must be entitled to an RTÉ pension at this stage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM