Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Interestingly, Mr Mc Cavanagh quoted in todays Irish News as saying with regard to football, " We're getting our structures and our house in order". Good stuff...we will take that as a positive sign and await further developments.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 06, 2020, 01:50:44 PM
Interestingly, Mr Mc Cavanagh quoted in todays Irish News as saying with regard to football, " We're getting our structures and our house in order". Good stuff...we will take that as a positive sign and await further developments.

seen that as well myself. Neal touched on it in the podcast interview he just did there during the week so its good to see that those structures are being implemented.

Structure and development committees are a good thing for the development of the game.

Financially Antrim is in a much better shape and thats down to those behind the Saffron Business form and Saffron vison. we should be able to build on that as well to provide more support to the senior teams in the coming years.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Club aontroma gave 25k to corrigan for the stand and funded a few other things. I thought that was good to see.

imtommygunn

Team announced - Mick McCann starts as does Cunningham. Interesting change in goalie. Good to see Murray(Conor) more forward. I think he's much better there than midfield. 

bannside

Strong enough looking team, plenty of experience across the pitch too. Come on lads...surely theres a big 70 minutes in you.

paddyjohn

Eamon Fyfe off the panel I see.

Good luck lads.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: bannside on November 06, 2020, 07:51:19 PM
Strong enough looking team, plenty of experience across the pitch too. Come on lads...surely theres a big 70 minutes in you.

Your joking me, there are two if not three players not near the level. Tomas McCann on the bench, simply incredible. What is going on in LHs head. If anyone thinks PC ( class player in his day) is fit enough to start championship at this level I'm a monkeys uncle. We haven't a chance. I hope like you we can give it a go but my head keeps batting my heart down the lough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 07, 2020, 12:28:12 AM
Quote from: bannside on November 06, 2020, 07:51:19 PM

Your joking me, there are two if not three players not near the level. Tomas McCann on the bench, simply incredible. What is going on in LHs head. If anyone thinks PC ( class player in his day) is fit enough to start championship at this level I'm a monkeys uncle. We haven't a chance. I hope like you we can give it a go but my head keeps batting my heart down the lough.

So the whole season is based on one player sitting on the bench? You're some lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dunsilly King

Read the post. There are 2/3 players are not up to it. They been involved in all our league games. If you can't see it nb.

GiveItToTheShooters

If that is a "strong" lineup then antrim are in for an absolute hiding

JimStynes

Poor enough side alright but I'm sure everyone would pick a different team and we don't see what's going on at training. I see at least 3 on the bench I'd be starting though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 07, 2020, 06:40:01 AM
Poor enough side alright but I'm sure everyone would pick a different team and we don't see what's going on at training. I see at least 3 on the bench I'd be starting though.

This is it, when the job becomes available apply...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

best of luck to the team today!
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Let's play hard for 35 minuets, take stock and get at it again! If we don't shoot we won't score, too many times we try and get within 15 feet  before shooting!

The defence needs to stop the attack down the middle, foul them higher up the pitch

Milltown Row2