Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 03, 2009, 08:48:40 PM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on April 03, 2009, 03:46:26 PM
Has Paddy McKeever walked off the panel??
Orchard county had a few posters talkn about a row between him and another panelist at training?!

Paddy McKeever isnt fit to walk anywhere with that big duck ass of his! ;D

Bet you wouldn't say that to his face!  ;)

davo

not a big fan of sevens tournaments to be honest. i suppose it would bring on the fitness of those involved but thats about it.

winsamsoon

No davo there is a lot more to it than that. Shooting would have to be more accurate aswell as the nets are way smaller. Sure the pitch is smaller aswell but there is a lot of running involved as you are constantly on the go. Also retention of the ball possession is very important aswell as taking the scores at the proper times. There is also a lot of tactics involved by the better teams ie tactical subs. This is only further heightened by the confusion over the rules. I watched the Clann Eireann/ Whitecross game and the ref must have let Whitecross away with  back passes in their own half 6 times. Now with the wind that was there on saturday this could have been 6 scores. Also the changing over of subs the rule states that the batton must be changed at the half way line with a hand over. All day there were lads throwing the batton about 30 yards and running into a defensive or forward position depending on the position of the ball (ie cheating) or as some would see it taking advantage of the failure of the officials to implement the rules.

This sub rule used to be exploited years ago when you had the sub running on at either end and some lad just lumping balls up to them and they were one on one with the keeper. It was specifically changed to stop this but someone would need to tell the killeavy lads this and the refs at Killeavy sevens.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

davo

What i am trying to say is that there are alot of teams who are extremely good at 7s tournaments but are poor when it comes to 15 on 15. They are totally separate which can be seen from some of the results in the 7s

fitzroyalty

Well thats a shay given, most clubs sent their best 7 players down!

illdecide

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 06, 2009, 11:24:03 AM

Well Clans couldn't send their best players as they're weren't available due to other commitments.

What you should have said is: "clubs send their best 10 players available to them"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on April 06, 2009, 05:07:29 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 06, 2009, 11:24:03 AM

Well Clans couldn't send their best players as they're weren't available due to other commitments.

What you should have said is: "clubs send their best 10 players available to them"

Onion Bag

Quote from: Candyman on April 05, 2009, 06:45:20 PM
Quote from: nashville on April 05, 2009, 01:40:26 PM
I hear Peadar Toal is no longer with the County Panel... CORRECT

I also heard that he scored 0-10 against Crossmaglen in the 7s yesterday... CORRECTHeard this in the club from an inebriated source, can anyone confirm?

We beat Cross 0-13 to 1-7 and topped the group then got by by Cruppen 1-3 0-4 in the quarters. Although PT did hit the post twice when goals looked certain...

Whats the story with Peadar Toal? why is he not on the panel anymore?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 07, 2009, 09:18:18 AM

I also heard that he scored 0-10 against Crossmaglen in the 7s yesterday... CORRECTHeard this in the club from an inebriated source, can anyone confirm?

We beat Cross 0-13 to 1-7 and topped the group then got by by Cruppen 1-3 0-4 in the quarters. Although PT did hit the post twice when goals looked certain...

he made the step up before and wasn't good enough.  big difference between club and county. 

Onion Bag

Quote from: ArmaghGAAforum on April 07, 2009, 10:15:15 AM

he made the step up before and wasn't good enough.  big difference between club and county. 

Thats just it, he is good enough, i would have had him in the Half forward line on the 31st , i think he is a brilliant talent going to waste
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 07, 2009, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: ArmaghGAAforum on April 07, 2009, 10:15:15 AM

Thats just it, he is good enough, i would have had him in the Half forward line on the 31st , i think he is a brilliant talent going to waste

I beg to differ, although he did show potential, he never showed the consistency others have.  we can agree to disagree  ;D

DuffleKing

I havn't got to see much club football in recent years so can only judge toal on county performances. have to say i've never seen the well hyped ability in a county jersey. neat and tidy with the ball certainly, and maybe the potential is there for more. there are quite a few better forwards there at the minute and obviously a whole lot more willing to put in the work.

JimStynes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2V4qMq_XmY
Go to the 3 min mark on the youtube link, Kevin Dyas has been doing some serious weights. The man is a f**king tank now. Armagh could do with him at the minute.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on April 08, 2009, 11:00:46 AM
Go to the 3 min mark on the youtube link, Kevin Dyas has been doing some serious weights. The man is a f**king tank now. Armagh could do with him at the minute.

He's def filled out alright hope that bad hamstring injury he got last year doesn't come back. If memory serves me rightly didn't the hamstring tear right off from the bone??? Another one of them would finish the lad off but i'm sure he's getting the best off medical care and they'll not rush him back.

Good luck to the lad...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: JimStynes on April 08, 2009, 11:00:46 AM

Will have to get a look after work, youtube banned here, is he as big as you yet Jim?