Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2008, 09:41:31 AM
Lads i hope i'm not stirring anything up but i heard from a good friend of John McEntee that he was going back to Armagh for another year and that the only reason he quit in the first place was because of Joe K

How reliable is yours source ILLDECIDE? if he came back, i would assume Tony would come back too, 2 good options for defence and attack,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Quote from: Onion Bag on February 04, 2008, 10:15:03 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2008, 09:41:31 AM
Lads i hope i'm not stirring anything up but i heard from a good friend of John McEntee that he was going back to Armagh for another year and that the only reason he quit in the first place was because of Joe K

How reliable is yours source ILLDECIDE? if he came back, i would assume Tony would come back too, 2 good options for defence and attack,

Thats what you would think but this guy said Tony doesn't want to come back it's only John looking to return. I know him and Joe didn't get on and maybe he's trying to prove a point (only a guess) but i can only tell you what i heard...it may be truth or pure manure time will tell
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

how'd it go yesterday chief? a wee report?
i was talking to donut who was of course blowing about some point he scored! lol

Onion Bag

Does anyone want to have a go at a Player rating from yesterdays game, (Irish news style)

Real1995

McKinney 6
McNulty 7
Donaghy 5
Moriarity 6
Symth 6
O'Rourke 8
Duffy 8
McGrane 6
O'Neill 7
O 'Rourke 8
Mallon 4
McKeever 5
McDonell 5
Clarke 7
Swft 6

T kernan 9
S Kernan 8
McKeever 7 (Didn like the dive, clean it up son!)
Toner 7
Nice guys always finish second!

Goats Do Shave

McKinney   - 8   Decent kick outs, safe hands & 2 good stops! (Unfortunate with the goal)
Finn Mo   - 7   Not a bad marking job on the Cavan danger man. He's getting better each game. Not great on high ball!
Donaghy   - 7   Don't have full confidence in him under the high ball. Decent marker & good footballer.
Enda   - 6   At fault for the goal. Decent marking job.   
Smyth   - 6   Found it tough v Forde. Battled well though.   
AOR   - 8   Cool as a cucumber. Picked up a lot of ball.  Distribution superb (mostly).   
Duffy   - 8   Very Sharp. Great comeback! C'ship starter!   
McGrane   - 7   Didn't win as much ball as usual. Work rate unquestionable!
O'Neill   - 8   Broke a lot of ball. Looked dangerous in full forward line.
MOR   - 8   Superb 2nd half. Deserved his point. Picks up unbelievable amount of break ball.   
Wee Brian   - 5   Couldn't get on the ball!
Paddy McK   - 7   Worked hard. 1 bad wide from a free... & another he should be capable of!
Nippy   - 7   Only forward to get on the ball in the first half. Worked hard – good option!
Ronan   - 7   On another day could have had 3 goals! Makes things happen! Good to see him back!
Stevie   - 6   Left his shooting boots at home. Still his link up play was good. Safe hands as usual!

Subs

C McK   - 8   Won a lot of break ball. Distribution was better.
T Kernan   - 9   Superb debut. If only he was on in the 1st half...
S Kernan   - 8   Great cameo, hopefully the doubters will get behind him this year!
Toner   - 7   Tried hard. Another good option

Onion Bag

Quote from: Real1995 on February 04, 2008, 10:58:24 AM
McKinney 6
McNulty 7
Donaghy 5
Moriarity 6
Symth 6
O'Rourke 8
Duffy 8
McGrane 6
O'Neill 7
O 'Rourke 8
Mallon 4
McKeever 5
McDonell 5
Clarke 7
Swft 6

T kernan 9
S Kernan 8
McKeever 7 (Didn like the dive, clean it up son!)
Toner 7

I think you are being over genourous, I thought Moriarity was poor, his man got the bette of him 9 times out of 10 and he fouled a lot, i would give him 4/5
Smyth and o rourke both, i thought were quite enough. Smyth touched leather about 5 times. and o rourke i tought was a bit slow, not my 1st choice center half back, although saying he did try.

Mc Grane was quite and I thought O neill tried the hardest of evryone on the team, The jury is still out on him, took a lovely score.

M  O rourke, had the usual dogged display worked hard and ran at the defence, he seems to love them sort of conditions. a worthy 8

Mallon just back from Injury and it stuck out like a sore thumb, a bit rusty, but he'll get there,

Mc Keever and Mc Donnell had shockers, our so called established experienced attakers, the guys we were relying on. like i said in an earlier post had a rookie missed the shots they missed, they would not have lasted much longer.

Clarke Although a bit rusty on the scoring front, showed well and looked sharp for a man who has not played competitve football in a year.

Swift i think tried too hard at times, although got into some great positions.

Mc Kinney - 7 kick outs were good, no real chance of saving the goal
Mc Nulty - 6 Give away some easy ball with horrific passing, but was on the line a couple of times to save a couple,
Donaghy - 6 Needs more time on the sqaure to adapt
Moriarity - 5
Smyth - 5
O rourke - 7
Duffy - 7/8 Good steady performance although he may have been guilty of ball watching on a few occasions, his man ran riot for a while
Mc Grane - 6, quite by his standards, Heres hoping hes saving himself
O Neill - 7
O Rourke - 8
Mallon - 4
Mc Keever -5
Mc Donnell -5
Clarke - 7
Swift -6

T Kernan - 9, Brilliant performance, Totally proved himself as a contender for c'ship starter
S kernan - 8 took a couple of lovely points. maybe changed the mind of a couple of people
Toner - didnt set the place on fire but never done anything wrong

Just my opinion, Anyone want to make comment, feel free!  

Goats Do Shave

QuoteJust my opinion, Anyone want to make comment, feel free! 

Ye couldn't fault their effort. That's why some of them got ane extra mark off me!

Ye can't ask for more than that!

Real1995

I liked the attitude of O'Neill, shows that he really wants to make it......I feel that if stevie misses his first two frees i wouldn let him take another.....because he would miss them from anywhere if he is off them.....for the next game we need to look at our full back line, and maybe try someone new in the corner..Nippy is a good player but not a corner forward....what was wrong with vernon yest, thought he would hav got a few mins???  Full back line for the next game??
Nice guys always finish second!

Onion Bag

Quote from: Real1995 on February 04, 2008, 11:33:26 AM
I liked the attitude of O'Neill, shows that he really wants to make it......I feel that if stevie misses his first two frees i wouldn let him take another.....because he would miss them from anywhere if he is off them.....for the next game we need to look at our full back line, and maybe try someone new in the corner..Nippy is a good player but not a corner forward....what was wrong with vernon yest, thought he would hav got a few mins???  Full back line for the next game??

I would give the same guys another run? for at least 20-30 mins, and see what they shape up, you cant judge a guy over 70 mins.

Goatsdoshave i wish you had been my teacher, Givng extra marks for effort!

gander

Vernon wasn't even togged out yesterday, dunno what the story is.  Maybe something to do with QUB or something?

Onion Bag

Gregory Loughran was another option, i would have taken Mc Donnell off and used Loughran, but then again , im not the Manager

Goats Do Shave

Charlie had a shoulder injury i'm told.

Onion Bag

Ok lads and Lassies, I know its a bit early and that but does anyone want to take a stab at picking the 1st 15 for 1st round of the c'ship. with all players available, no injuries ;)

Onion Bag

Going to make an effort

1. C Mc Kinney
2. A Mallon
3. F Bellew
4. F Moriarity
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. P Duffy
8. C Vernon
9. P Mc Grane
10. M O Rourke
11. B Mallon
12. G Loughran
13. S Mc Donnell
14. R Clarke
15. O Mc Conville

Options for defence: E Mc Nulty, B Donaghy, A O Rourke, K Toner, G Smyth,

Options for Midfield: J Lavery, P Loughran, K toner, G O Neill,

Options for Attack: P Mc Keever, G Swift, S Forker, S Kernan, T Kernan, C Clarke, B Mc Cone, L O Hare.

Have probably Left a few guys out, Any opinions?