The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaterBoy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 04, 2013, 11:05:25 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 04, 2013, 10:26:05 PM
Did you actually just post a link to a story about Liverpool in that paper?

Did that paper run a story on the Liverpool fans killing the Juventus supporters at Heysel??

You stay classy Walter
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Walter Cronc

Quote from: WaterBoy on July 05, 2013, 09:02:06 AM

Did that paper run a story on the Liverpool fans killing the Juventus supporters at Heysel??

You stay classy Walter

You's dont like discussing that as freely!!

deiseach

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 05, 2013, 09:05:47 AM

You stay classy Walter

I'm sure the Sun did publish stories about Liverpool supporters killing Juventus supporters at Heysel. Every newspaper did. No one has any problem with that. Now what was your point again?

WaterBoy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 05, 2013, 09:05:47 AM

You stay classy Walter

Obviously you do!  I have seen plenty of discussion on it on Liverpool forums, especially around the anniversary of the event.

I don't think the death of 39 people should be used to try and wind up fans of rival teams, but hey that's just me.
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

deiseach

Quote from: WaterBoy on July 05, 2013, 09:21:57 AM
Obviously you do!  I have seen plenty of discussion on it on Liverpool forums, especially around the anniversary of the event.

I don't think the death of 39 people should be used to try and wind up fans of rival teams, but hey that's just me.

It must be hard for the likes of Walter Cronc that smearing Liverpool fans over Hillsborough is now completely beyond the pale. What a relief it must be to have Heysel to fall back on.

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on July 05, 2013, 09:31:13 AM
Quote from: WaterBoy on July 05, 2013, 09:21:57 AM

It must be hard for the likes of Walter Cronc that smearing Liverpool fans over Hillsborough is now completely beyond the pale. What a relief it must be to have Heysel to fall back on.
+1

deiseach

Fair play to ye, ballinaman. I think your voice is true to what most Man Utd fans think, which is to their immense credit.

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on July 05, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
Fair play to ye, ballinaman. I think your voice is true to what most Man Utd fans think, which is to their immense credit.
Nevermind Man United fans, I think anyone with any bit of decency or cop on would agree with you!

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2013, 09:50:55 AM
Nevermind Man United fans, I think anyone with any bit of decency or cop on would agree with you!

True, but when you see the alacrity with which some Liverpool fans launch into "Always Look On The Runway For Ice", I despair at the lack of cop-on that's around.

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on July 05, 2013, 09:53:56 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2013, 09:50:55 AM

True, but when you see the alacrity with which some Liverpool fans launch into "Always Look On The Runway For Ice", I despair at the lack of cop-on that's around.
Yes but that's life, there are a serious amount of eejits out there that one must navigate through life trying best to avoid, or at least spend as minimal time as possible with!
That's enough philosophy for me today...best head to youtube to watch people falling over!

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2013, 09:59:43 AM
Yes but that's life, there are a serious amount of eejits out there that one must navigate through life trying best to avoid, or at least spend as minimal time as possible with!
That's enough philosophy for me today...best head to youtube to watch people falling over!

;D

Walter Cronc

My issue isnt neccessarily with the club, more with the media barrage we have to endure, whilst Heysel is continually swept under the carpet.

deiseach

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 05, 2013, 10:08:31 AM
My issue isnt neccessarily with the club, more with the media barrage we have to endure, whilst Heysel is continually swept under the carpet.

Bullsh1t. The 'media barrage' is because Hillsborough was a cover-up that would have made the perpetrators of Bloody Sunday blush. It is a scandal that is as fresh today as it was 24 years ago thanks to that cover-up. There was no cover-up of Heysel and it is not swept under the carpet. You are either lying to us or you are lying to yourself with your faux-expressions of sympathy for the victims of Heysel, but either way you are a liar.

AZOffaly

Heysel is not swept under the carpet. Heysel is a huge black mark on the club, and the people involved in that horrific incident. Liverpool has never tried to run from that incident. I'm not sure what you're looking for, eternal flagellation? Heysel is, and was, an embarassement to the club and it's fans. The ceremonies with Juventus a few years ago are an example of how Liverpool feels about that horrible day. You'll not find too many to argue that Heysel was not a terrible, terrible moment, and inexcusable.

supersub

Just going back to this original comment I posted - yes they did run a story on that event, what media outlet wouldn't given the atrocity that it was, that is their job, to report the news! No one denies how brutal a situation that was for LFC and everyone involved. However their job isn't to lie and cover up and place blame on innocent victims of atrocities hence my comment about the Sun - no other paper did this did they? Catch yourself on and have a bit of respect and decency for what has gone before you. In a nutshell the Sun is trash paper anyway which stories are hard to believe at the best of times, never mind if you have had an experience so blatant as LFC & Hilsborough have had with it - so forgive me for not believing a story they print about one of our best players this week.