Leinster Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 11, 2018, 10:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Yeah I seen it before too, at the U-14 club training. Would you ever cop on, you're still spouting that! Have you ever seen a SENIOR INTER COUNTY PLAYER do 15-20 hours per week since December for a bit of kit? You're the one resurrecting this. So go on and tell us, when did you see any fella give 20 hours per week x 26 = 520 hours since december for a tracksuit and a bag?! WHEN? You're talking some nonsense. You're turning into a joke there lad. Best come off the site for a while.

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2019, 02:07:20 PM
Yeah I seen it before too, at the U-14 club training. Would you ever cop on, you're still spouting that! Have you ever seen a SENIOR INTER COUNTY PLAYER do 15-20 hours per week since December for a bit of kit? You're the one resurrecting this. So go on and tell us, when did you see any fella give 20 hours per week x 26 = 520 hours since december for a tracksuit and a bag?! WHEN? You're talking some nonsense. You're turning into a joke there lad. Best come off the site for a while.
Dont forget the Gilet

Countyminor

Benny Carroll master manipulator, successfully mugged Sugrue off for a half zip, polo shirt and gear bag before riding off into the J1 sunset, absolutely beautiful.

Don Draper

Quote from: Countyminor on May 20, 2019, 02:58:41 PM
Benny Carroll master manipulator, successfully mugged Sugrue off for a half zip, polo shirt and gear bag before riding off into the J1 sunset, absolutely beautiful.
And a Gilet.

Zooming around

Jaysus I've touched a nerve here. What are ye? Benny's family or something.
My original point still stands. Why would a lad do what he did. It's both baffling and selfish to occupy a place on a panel and not be around for the championship.
You don't seriously expect me to name names do you but yes, i have seen it before: several times in fact.

Using CAPS to shout and roar and telling someone to "f**k off" are hardly good debating techniques. If ye're not able for the internet stay off it.  I've already scaled back on the gear comment and concentrated on my original core point...

Don Draper

Quote from: Zooming around on May 20, 2019, 03:34:25 PM
Jaysus I've touched a nerve here. What are ye? Benny's family or something.
My original point still stands. Why would a lad do what he did. It's both baffling and selfish to occupy a place on a panel and not be around for the championship.
You don't seriously expect me to name names do you but yes, i have seen it before: several times in fact.

Using CAPS to shout and roar and telling someone to "f**k off" are hardly good debating techniques. If ye're not able for the internet stay off it.  I've already scaled back on the gear comment and concentrated on my original core point...
He did it because when he went in he may have not been planning on going to America. He did it because the training is good and the set up is admirable. He did it because he wanted to push himself to improve. If there was another player in the county better than him, he'd have been on the panel. He did it because he wanted to contribute and he shouldn't be punished for having a change of heart midway through the season. If the chap wants to go to America before setting into a life behind a desk and bursting his bollocks to play for Laois for the next 10 years, he should have the option to do so.

Laois Rising

You make out committing 15-20 to Laois training a week as being a chore. Most lads-if they have the time to give to it- actually enjoy the training, being involved with a well run set up and playing competitive games. Ask Ross Munnelly at 36 years of age and he will tell you that he wouldn't dream of doing anything else.

The US is a great opportunity for young lads to experience. The opportunity arose and he went with it. It's not like he went out to deceive Sugru or rest of panel. He's a loss but it gives others an opportunity to now step up.

You could also make the argument that by having Benny involved with panel up to now that he was driving those around him eyeing up a position in half forward line to improve their own game considering the competition for places. The more high quality players who have in training with the county the better it helps raise standards of the collective.   

Tony

Quote from: Zooming around on May 20, 2019, 03:34:25 PM
Using CAPS to shout and roar and telling someone to "f**k off" are hardly good debating techniques. If ye're not able for the internet stay off it. 
Don't act the victim here kid. You're the one accusing a good young lad with a very good name of manipulating and using the laois set up for a bit of gear. All that and from the safety of your anon username; a cowardly, malicious rumour against a good honest young laois lad. Play the victim all you want. That stuff will not be tolerated.

les Antiques

Well best of luck to Benny Stateside.  You only live once !!
Any predictions on a team lads ? Looks like Westmeath will go in as slight favourites.

Helix.

Quote from: les Antiques on May 21, 2019, 07:57:15 AM
Well best of luck to Benny Stateside.  You only live once !!
Any predictions on a team lads ? Looks like Westmeath will go in as slight favourites.

If Laois play any way to their potential, particularly up front and cut down on wide count they're in with a great shout. Rightly so going in as underdogs with 2 consecutive losses against them however hoping they'll do the business. Nullify Ger Egan will be the big test from the last day in Croke Park.
We need to target their full back line early and hopefully rattle them! Should be the makings of a good game and decent crowd for double header.

les Antiques

Interested to see our Midfield pairing . Begley and JOL with Lillis operating on the half forward could be an option Sunday .

Seemingly Carlow will learn there fate tonight regarding there suspensions appeal . Murphy the most likely to get off I  hear .

SCFC

Quote from: les Antiques on May 21, 2019, 07:57:15 AM
Any predictions on a team lads ?
I'll guess;
Brody
Attride Timmons Dillon
Scully Begley O'Flynn
Lillis O'Loughlin
O'Carroll Lowry O'Connor
Munnelly D Kingston P Kingston

I'm only guessing though.

les Antiques

I think you have the goalie and back 6 spot on .
Paul Kingston had a quite league by his standards , my choice would have been Cahillane . It'll be interesting.

SCFC

Quote from: les Antiques on May 21, 2019, 04:04:56 PM
I think you have the goalie and back 6 spot on .
Paul Kingston had a quite league by his standards , my choice would have been Cahillane . It'll be interesting.
Cahillane hasn't trained for a couple of weeks so I'm guessing he won't start.
Boyle might start. But I was fierce disappointed with him in the league final.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!