Over Critical Club Supporters

Started by illdecide, June 14, 2007, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I know majority of you on the board are supporters but what club out there holds the title for having the worst and over critical supporters. "waiting in the clubhouse for you after a defeat to tell you how crop the team are" when most of them never kicked a ball nor could they if they tried. When your playing you can hear them from the crowd "get that so and so of he's shite" and thats your team mate they are talking about or even yourself.

Somtimes you would love to jump the wire and batter the pricks >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

gfc correnshego! gfc correnshego!

Spiritof98

I dont know, every club has them but i've been to a few Keady matches and 1 fella sits in the crowd and just gives them dogs abuse football and hurling, players and management all game  and when they win he just shruggs the shoulders and walks on. i'll name no names,  Tack Joner  ;)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

screenexile

Happens in our club too! I remember we won a reserve c'ship a few years back with half the team just out of minors and the other half of boys just out of seniors... first c'ship in a long time for the club and we had to listen to "Huh, if it wasn't for the old boys helping youse out you'd be nothing!!" WTF is that supposed to mean... it's like saying to a Kerry player "If it wasn't for that Gooch Cooper youse would win no All Ireland"

It kills some men to give credit where it's due. It makes me sick sometimes! A simple well done is hardly going to cause god to strike these men down with lightening!

Estimator

I'll agree with you there SE.  Most of the abuse at Screen games is more in jest than anything else, but there are a few men around the club that are just brute ignorant slabbers, and wouldn't know one end of a football from the other.  They would rather complain than give any praise.
Ulster League Champions 2009

clarshack

some people feel that as they've paid their £4 (or whatever it is) into the game they are entitled to shout what they want.

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: Estimator on June 14, 2007, 01:45:21 PM
I'll agree with you there SE.  Most of the abuse at Screen games is more in jest than anything else, but there are a few men around the club that are just brute ignorant slabbers, and wouldn't know one end of a football from the other.  They would rather complain than give any praise.

Jesus Mary and St Joseph  :D

Footballs have ends now... :D

qub la la la

deal with it, its as the saying goes, shit happens!

magpie seanie

You get it in all walks of life and all aspects of the GAA. Often the people with the solutions for everything don't lift a finger to try and implement their great idea. As bad as people not voting and then complaining about the government.

No1

95% of our club members are like that Seanie.  Does my loaf in.

the Deel Rover

every club and county have those type of supporters illdecide, as you said they usually have never kicked a ball in their life, most head to a match after drinking for  the afternoon and they decide to hurl abuse at the players. most of the time i try to ignore them unless they start shouting personal abuse at their own players nearly got involved in a few scraps but its not worth it.Most of fans are genuine but as the tayto add says "there is allways one". 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

imtommygunn

Every club has boys like that - they are a pain in the hole and do no good for the development of confidence in young players or senior players who are maybe a bit frail on confidence.

I mind playing a junior game a few years ago and marking this old boy. I was round the 21 mark and he was to be honest about 40 odd. He won first three balls and never got a kick the rest of the game. So one of the negative sorts comes up to me at the end - "so you finally got the better of him then. sure he's nearly my age"! Closest to a compliment I've ever got from the boy, or anyone else for that matter, and he coached me from u10 to u21 inclusive!

illdecide

And yes the women are the worst at our club, feckers should be home doing the dishes :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

imtommygunn

and then there's the women supporters who bring their umbrellas and threaten the opposition players with them!

T Fearon

Illdecide, the womenfolk of Lurgan are certainly no ladies as evidenced by the language on Saturday night. By Christ there's some hard looking tickets from Francis Street alright.

Then again its not everyday they meet the mighty Tir Na Nog! ;D