La na gClub

Started by the salmon of knowledge, April 29, 2009, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Bouncy castles are frowned apon by the GAA, seriously!  Girls in wet t-shirts on bouncy castles would probably be a massive no no as well!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Square Ball

i think every club will be praying for good weather on Sunday, must get the priest doing our club mass on Saturday to put an extra wee word in with the big fella.

It will be a pity if the celebrations were marred by rain as I doubt if many have a plan B
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ping Pong Santa

We could start by putting a fada on the a in Lá?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 09, 2009, 11:28:40 AM

How dare you mock the salmon of knowledge. He's dyslexic you know.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2009, 11:57:16 AM

Are you following me?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 09, 2009, 12:09:39 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2009, 11:57:16 AM

Are you following me?

What? Me? No.

I have been on this forum a loooong time.

armaghniac

from met.ie
Cloudy tomorrow in parts of Munster and south Leinster with further rain or drizzle at times, but some good dry periods developing later. Brighter over the rest of the country with sunny periods and just a few scattered showers. Highest temperatures between 11 and 14 degrees, coolest near east and south coasts. Freshening east to northeasterly winds.

Not so bad. The likes of Sligo or Down should be OK, bar a shower or two and a cool breeze.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Square Ball

well here we go, all the preparation has been done and its the big day, weather in Belfast is SUNNY at the minute so let hope it stays that way, the Child of Prague statues must have done theire job

Norf Tyrone

It's a lovely morning in North Tyrone too.

stpauls

the child of prague certainly did its job today alright!! a fantastic day weather wise, as well as a great day in the club, a fantastic success.
there is also talk of it becoming an annual event!! not sure i could handle all the work that went into it every year mind!!

Square Ball

Great day all round here as well, hundreds in Cherryvale enjoying the craic, games and sideshows. 

Pangurban

Visited Three Clubs in Down today, and events while well supported were very low key and unimaginative, there was general air of we are here because we feel we should be. What was needed was a pageant.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 10, 2009, 10:00:37 PM
Brilliant day in Silverbridge in bright sunshine. Artane Band parade was huge, plenty of competitions and a great exhibition of memorabilia. Full marks to all who made it happen.
Couldnt be there but was just going to post that I heard it was great day and the Artane band couldnt be commended enough.  Hope they enjoyed our hospitality too before moving on to rougher areas of south armagh.   :)

I'm looking forward to the opening of the time capsule already! 

Quote from: stpauls on May 10, 2009, 07:58:20 PM
the child of prague certainly did its job today alright!! a fantastic day weather wise, as well as a great day in the club, a fantastic success.
there is also talk of it becoming an annual event!! not sure i could handle all the work that went into it every year mind!!
I think an annual thing would get very stale very quickly.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 10, 2009, 10:06:46 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 10, 2009, 10:00:37 PM
Brilliant day in Silverbridge in bright sunshine. Artane Band parade was huge, plenty of competitions and a great exhibition of memorabilia. Full marks to all who made it happen.
Couldnt be there but was just going to post that I heard it was great day and the Artane band couldnt be commended enough.  Hope they enjoyed our hospitality too before moving on to rougher areas of south armagh.   :)

I'm looking forward to the opening of the time capsule already! 

Quote from: stpauls on May 10, 2009, 07:58:20 PM
I think an annual thing would get very stale very quickly.

agree POG, every other year would be enough

DownFanatic

An unreal day in Dundrum yesterday for La na gClub.

We got good coverage in the Irish News today with a couple of articles on our pitch being dedicated to Jack Kielty.

There was a massive turnout for such a small club and its days like these which make you proud to be a member of the GAA.