Club Hurling 2023

Started by Saffrongael, October 01, 2023, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 05:18:09 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 23, 2024, 10:27:57 AM
Quote from: Oso on January 22, 2024, 09:20:50 PMDelighted to see St Thomas' win it. O'Loughlin Gaels will feel aggrieved about the one that looked over the line but I can't stand simulation and karma bit them in the ass, that was never a red card.

Much to be admired about St Thomas' mentality, physical and mental toughness and endurance over the 2 games, the semi final and final.  But they have some amazing hurlers too, Conor Cooney obviously, the Burke's etc. Those last 2 points of Eanna Burke's were simply magical, worth the admission fee alone.

With Ballyhale missing a few last year O'Loughlin's will see that as a huge missed opportunity. They lack a few forwards and have relied on scores from further out. It's a long way back for them. 

Agree - very hard to see that as a red card. Mind you, Burke could easily have got a second yellow just before he scored that amazing point. You know, I sort of wanted O'Loughlin Gaels to win it, but I fancied Thomas', and they were the better balanced side.

Yep he should have been off for a second yellow for the loose slap at the gaels player's hand.  I can't recall what the first yellow was for though.
Dragged down Mikey Butler off the ball in the first half?

Oso

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 23, 2024, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Oso on January 23, 2024, 05:18:09 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 23, 2024, 10:27:57 AM
Quote from: Oso on January 22, 2024, 09:20:50 PMDelighted to see St Thomas' win it. O'Loughlin Gaels will feel aggrieved about the one that looked over the line but I can't stand simulation and karma bit them in the ass, that was never a red card.

Much to be admired about St Thomas' mentality, physical and mental toughness and endurance over the 2 games, the semi final and final.  But they have some amazing hurlers too, Conor Cooney obviously, the Burke's etc. Those last 2 points of Eanna Burke's were simply magical, worth the admission fee alone.

With Ballyhale missing a few last year O'Loughlin's will see that as a huge missed opportunity. They lack a few forwards and have relied on scores from further out. It's a long way back for them. 

Agree - very hard to see that as a red card. Mind you, Burke could easily have got a second yellow just before he scored that amazing point. You know, I sort of wanted O'Loughlin Gaels to win it, but I fancied Thomas', and they were the better balanced side.

Yep he should have been off for a second yellow for the loose slap at the gaels player's hand.  I can't recall what the first yellow was for though.
Dragged down Mikey Butler off the ball in the first half?

Yeah that was a daft one too. Lucky boy.

seafoid

Quote from: LC on January 22, 2024, 06:24:15 PMA big turnaround for St. Thomas in the space of 12 months bearing in mind how comfortably Dunloy beat them last year.
After that match the money would have been on Dunloy winning the all Ireland first.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kidder81

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2024, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: LC on January 22, 2024, 06:24:15 PMA big turnaround for St. Thomas in the space of 12 months bearing in mind how comfortably Dunloy beat them last year.
After that match the money would have been on Dunloy winning the all Ireland first.

St Thomas didn't have the full deck last year, they were missing a few, didn't one of the Burkes get injured in the warm up too ? And a wedding the week before. Dunloy beat them well but that was a different team last year.

seafoid

Galway and the cats are tied on 14 club titles each. It is like Man Utd vs Liverpool

OLG have lost 2 finals. ST have won 2 and lost 1

seafoid

The competition level in the club hurling is very strong if you consider that the 4 provinces have been represented in the final in the last 3 years. This is encouraging for the Antrim champions if they can keep on kicking on. Hopefully Ballyhale are finished for the moment