Jacob Rees -Mogg V Leo Varadkar

Started by T Fearon, September 09, 2017, 07:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Nesbitt abstained the last time.Him and Allen are sitting on the fence.No Unionist has actually ever voted for gay marriage in the Assembly and none ever will.SF and SDLP are reaching a critical point where they are already losing votes from catholics on account of this.They will not push it.Can you see a staunch gay loyalist voting for SF because they support gay marriage?

Rossfan

Jasus Tony you've got a major hang up about gay marriage.
Or is a case of 17th century mindset?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Just out of curiosity Tony, why are you so against equal marriage? I can't say it something that bothers me in the slightest if a man wants to marry another man or a woman wants to marry a woman.
Testing Accessibility

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 11, 2017, 12:25:31 PM
Nesbitt abstained the last time.Him and Allen are sitting on the fence.No Unionist has actually ever voted for gay marriage in the Assembly and none ever will.SF and SDLP are reaching a critical point where they are already losing votes from catholics on account of this.They will not push it.Can you see a staunch gay loyalist voting for SF because they support gay marriage?

What a load of horse shite!

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: punt kick on September 11, 2017, 01:28:59 PM

exactly - another ludicrous point with no basis in fact - in the last assembly elections SF got their biggest vote ever
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

T Fearon

I don't believe anything that is counter to the natural order,should be legislated as equal to the natural order.I see very little difference between triumphalist gay pride parades and Orange Order parades,all just sticking two fingers up at their opponents,in my view.

Neither do I believe any of the political parties that support gay marriage in the North,really care.The old guard of the SDLP like Hume and Mallon would never have supported it,the current young leadership doesn't know its arse from its elbow,and SF supports anything that they perceive to be a vote winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on September 11, 2017, 01:10:27 PM
Jasus Tony you've got a major hang up about gay marriage.
Or is a case of 17th century mindset?
It might be projection
which is usually a reflection of the self
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Are you suggesting Tony is gay Seafóid?? :o
Maybe he's trying to avoid marrying his partner :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

A simple google search shows 70% of voters in Norn Iron in favour of marriage equality.

However, Tony knows otherwise.

I do admire his chutzpah!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 11, 2017, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: punt kick on September 11, 2017, 01:28:59 PM

exactly - another ludicrous point with no basis in fact - in the last assembly elections SF got their biggest vote ever

Maybe they lost one clown? Made for the dup this guy is.

Eamonnca1

The only good thing about JRM becoming PM would be the looks on the DUP's faces when a Catholic takes charge of the UK.

Has this ever happened before? IIRC Blair didn't openly convert to Catholicism until after he left office.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on September 11, 2017, 05:12:54 PM
Are you suggesting Tony is gay Seafóid?? :o
Maybe he's trying to avoid marrying his partner :-*
Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person unconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to other people. . .
. . . The theory was developed by Sigmund Freud – in his letters to Wilhelm Fliess, "'Draft H' deals with projection as a mechanism of defence" – and further refined by his daughter Anna Freud; for this reason, it is sometimes referred to as Freudian Projection.
According to Sigmund Freud, projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one "projects" one's own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings onto someone else. 'Emotions or excitations which the ego tries to ward off are "split out" and then felt as being outside the ego...perceived in another person'.[4] It is a common process.[5] . . .
. . . In one example of the process, a person might have thoughts of infidelity with respect to a spouse or other partner. Instead of dealing with these undesirable thoughts consciously, the subject unconsciously projects these feelings onto the other person, and begins to think that the other has thoughts of infidelity and that the other may be having an affair. In this way, the subject may obtain 'acquittal by his conscience – if he projects his own impulses to faithlessness on to the partner to whom he owes faith'.[7]

Maybe Tony is sui generis
It is hard to know

I think he is a walking psychology conference

Tony has actually matured in his own way since  he won the all Ireland in 2003.
I found this on the wayback machine

Hardyarse

I admire Armagh's football and the childish spewings of this nauseating p***k wouldn't have the slightest effect on my opinion.  I usually don't read his posts, in the same way that I would decline if a wino with running lip sores offered me a swig from his bottle. But every thread I visit this morning , this irritating creep is there chirruping inanities, bleating about Armagh's win as if he had something to do with it or somehow gained some reflected glory from it and gratuitously spewing bile at just about everyone else.  There's no analysis, no talk about the game, the tactics, the decisive events, the form of players or anything that would indicate the slightest interest in the game itself, other than to use it as a vehicle to haul his own insecurities and inadequacies out here in front of us all when we'd rather not look, thanks all the same.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mrdeeds

Quote from: T Fearon on September 11, 2017, 02:40:00 PM
I don't believe anything that is counter to the natural order,should be legislated as equal to the natural order.I see very little difference between triumphalist gay pride parades and Orange Order parades,all just sticking two fingers up at their opponents,in my view.

Neither do I believe any of the political parties that support gay marriage in the North,really care.The old guard of the SDLP like Hume and Mallon would never have supported it,the current young leadership doesn't know its arse from its elbow,and SF supports anything that they perceive to be a vote winner.

Counter to the natural order.  ;D ;D ;D

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 11, 2017, 08:14:11 PM
The only good thing about JRM becoming PM would be the looks on the DUP's faces when a Catholic takes charge of the UK.

Has this ever happened before? IIRC Blair didn't openly convert to Catholicism until after he left office.
Don't think a Catholic has ever led any of the main parties let alone become PM.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 11, 2017, 08:56:42 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 11, 2017, 08:14:11 PM

Don't think a Catholic has ever led any of the main parties let alone become PM.
Iain Duncan Smith former Tory leader is a Catholic
Careful now