Stereo/Music Systems

Started by 5 Sams, July 05, 2007, 04:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Right lads and lasses while yiz are all in an advisory mode on technology stuff/Tellys/laptops etc.....

I'm in the market for a stereo......nothing fancy like Ipod docking stations and shit like that but a bog standard system that will play CDs and have a good radio included....sin é

I was half looking at one of those Bose Wave yokes that are advertised in the Sunday supplements...any opinions.

Ta in adavnce
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Ta 5ive Times...I knew there was one in Mexico somewhere...can you just drop in and ask to buy one???
The Aristocrat Years

Rois

For a minute there I thought you were having a one-way conversation with yourself!

An Fear Rua

Ive had a few JVC midi/mini systems over the years, every last one of them has been superb.
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 05, 2007, 05:11:44 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 05, 2007, 05:05:00 PM
Ive had a few JVC midi/mini systems over the years, every last one of them has been superb.

The likes of Bose or Bang & Olufsen are in a different league.

so is the price unfortunately!
Its Grim up North

Billys Boots

My Brother-in-law swears by Marantz systems, which are pricy too, but not in the Bose or B&O range.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

hectorsheroes

Check out richer sounds, they  are fantastic at sorting you out. I have just bought a really good system of them, a teac cr-h255. Its about £230 and speakers are extra but they will sort you out with good ones also. The teac system I bought has a dab and also a usb port as well as fm radio. Its a great system with great sound. I spent a very long time 6 months+ looking for one and am delighted with this.

Other ones worth looking at are an Onkyo cs515 (again it has a dab and is a great system) or a Goodmans 1104dab which plays cds comes with speakers and is only about £75 form argos - not very loud though and no fm radio but has dab again. Hope this helps!

PS How much is that Bose wave system? Seen it myself in the Sunday papers

5 Sams

Thanks lads for all the advice....I'll take my time and see what is what...

Hector I think the the Bose Wave Systems are about £5-600stg.....by the way wtf is a DAB?
The Aristocrat Years

SammyG

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 06, 2007, 10:55:34 AM
.by the way wtf is a DAB?

Digital Audio Broadcast - means you can tune into digital stations as well as the normal FM/AM.

5 Sams

Cheers Sammy.... you learn something new everyday.
The Aristocrat Years