Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on January 16, 2023, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 08:38:51 AM
Definite discipline problem in Tyrone football. Imagine swinging that elbow at another person and thinking that behaviour is OK? Could have done all sorts of damage. Stewartstown got what they deserved in the end.

Don't see how the actions of one club would mean the whole of Tyrone have a discipline problem??
Galbally played the game fairly so going by your logic does that mean that Tyrone football is played fairly by all teams and is well disciplined?

I'm not going off the actions of Stewartstown yesterday.

Funny that because you referenced an action by a stewardstown player after the statement.

Wildweasel74

Just look at the recent Moy, Clonoe game last year.

trailer

Quote from: 03,05,08 on January 17, 2023, 10:57:55 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on January 16, 2023, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 08:38:51 AM
Definite discipline problem in Tyrone football. Imagine swinging that elbow at another person and thinking that behaviour is OK? Could have done all sorts of damage. Stewartstown got what they deserved in the end.

Don't see how the actions of one club would mean the whole of Tyrone have a discipline problem??
Galbally played the game fairly so going by your logic does that mean that Tyrone football is played fairly by all teams and is well disciplined?

I'm not going off the actions of Stewartstown yesterday.

Funny that because you referenced an action by a stewardstown player after the statement.

Sorry I should have made it clearer. Of course Stewartstown has a put a spotlight on it recently but off the top of my head we had Derrytresk a few years ago, Moy and Clonoe recently, Dromore and Carrickmore so there are loads of examples. Tyrone can act like they don't but I have said it before someone will end up being killed with all these punches. It's only a matter of time.
And yes other counties have problems and the GAA in general but Tyrone have as big of problem as any.

W.A.G. Lover

For the All-Ireland Club Intermediate & Junior Championship to be equal and remain competitive, every county must abide by the same rules.

In Tyrone there are 16 teams in Senior and Intermediate, with the remaining teams playing Junior championship - Essentially Galbally are the 17th best and Stewartstown are the 33rd best teams in Tyrone for 2022.

Kerry Senior championship has 16 teams, however 8 of these teams are 'Divisional' such as East Kerry, therefore only 8 teams are official clubs. So, excluding the 'Divisional' teams, that means Rathmore are the 9th best team in Kerry football in 2022 - Using league positions, the equivalent in Tyrone would be Ardboe in 2022.

There are a further 16 clubs in Kerry Intermediate football, meaning Fossa are the 25th best team in Kerry football in 2022 - Using league positions, the equivalent in Tyrone would be Aghyaran/Owen Roes in 2022.

It cant be fair that on the All-Ireland stage, the 9th best team in Kerry play the 17th best in Tyrone for the Intermediate All-Ireland, or the 25th best team in Kerry play the 33rd best in Tyrone for the Junior All-Ireland.

The Divisional Championships they play are a fantastic idea and give Intermediate and Junior players the chance to play Senior Championship, but if these All-Irelands are to remain viable, every county needs to be entering teams at an equal par.

nrico2006

There is and always has been a disciplinary problem in the GAA. No better or worse in Tyrone but any incidents involving Tyrone teams seem to be spotlighted more than most others.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jimbop

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 18, 2023, 03:27:36 PM
For the All-Ireland Club Intermediate & Junior Championship to be equal and remain competitive, every county must abide by the same rules.

In Tyrone there are 16 teams in Senior and Intermediate, with the remaining teams playing Junior championship - Essentially Galbally are the 17th best and Stewartstown are the 33rd best teams in Tyrone for 2022.

Kerry Senior championship has 16 teams, however 8 of these teams are 'Divisional' such as East Kerry, therefore only 8 teams are official clubs. So, excluding the 'Divisional' teams, that means Rathmore are the 9th best team in Kerry football in 2022 - Using league positions, the equivalent in Tyrone would be Ardboe in 2022.

There are a further 16 clubs in Kerry Intermediate football, meaning Fossa are the 25th best team in Kerry football in 2022 - Using league positions, the equivalent in Tyrone would be Aghyaran/Owen Roes in 2022.

It cant be fair that on the All-Ireland stage, the 9th best team in Kerry play the 17th best in Tyrone for the Intermediate All-Ireland, or the 25th best team in Kerry play the 33rd best in Tyrone for the Junior All-Ireland.

The Divisional Championships they play are a fantastic idea and give Intermediate and Junior players the chance to play Senior Championship, but if these All-Irelands are to remain viable, every county needs to be entering teams at an equal par.

How many club teams are there in Kerry?

GaelTheGael

Anyone any idea on the U19 format this season?

Under Lights

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 18, 2023, 03:27:36 PM

I would say galbally are at least as good as arboe and would say Tintown wish be same as Yarn.

PMG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 18, 2023, 06:12:33 PM
There is and always has been a disciplinary problem in the GAA. No better or worse in Tyrone but any incidents involving Tyrone teams seem to be spotlighted more than most others.
In my opinion the GAA gets unfair criticism for these incidents compared to other sports. In the last week alone I can think of two incidents in soccer much worse than anything that happened in Croke Park. There was a Fermanagh & Western game between Drumquin and some other team abandoned last Saturday due to fighting which involved both players and supporters, in the Irish league there was fighting in the stands at the Glentoran game, footage available on Twitter, how much publicity has these two incidents received? Hardly an iota, How much would they receive if they happened on a GAA pitch? I would hazard a guess that the majority of people reading this hasn't even heard of the two incidents.

clarshack

very good article from Joe Brolly in this week's Gaelic Life, contrast that to a few boys on this thread who never once called out the nonsense from Fossa but couldn't wait to stick the boot into the Harps.

WT4E

Quote from: clarshack on January 20, 2023, 12:25:25 PM
very good article from Joe Brolly in this week's Gaelic Life, contrast that to a few boys on this thread who never once called out the nonsense from Fossa but couldn't wait to stick the boot into the Harps.

Fossa no angels. Stewartstown had a great year but if I was Stewartstown supporter I'd find it hard to defend some of the stuff so I commend you for your defense on the numerous places I've seen it on the board Clarshack.

Maybe Stewartstown are right and should just carry on as normal.

Tyrone Gaa

Clarshack you just need to take a step back and remove the blinkers. Stewartstown had a great run and can't be denied but they did let themselves down a bagful in the final, particularly Coyle and the subsequent videos emerging interfering with Clifford.

Fossa are no angels! Paudie Clifford was equally a disgrace by his on field actions and acceptance speech.

You are up there to be shot at. Congratulations on a successful season but take time to reflect.
Living the dream!!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Comical Ali had a new rival on here this week 😊

clarshack

quit yo jibbajabba

And......?

Comical Clarshacks been digging 😃