All-Ireland Junior Football final - Kildare v Cork 20/08/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 07, 2011, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

it will be KFM for me so. Thurles, good size pitch should suit our lads.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

No sign of a team on the Kildare website yet. I've heard that John Browne is having a fitness test tomorrow morning. Would be a big loss if he was out.

Don't have too many fond memories of Thurles as a Kildare supporter. The league win over Tipp last year is the only Kildare victory I can remember witnessing in Tom Semple's field. Hopefully we can land an all too rare All-Ireland title there tomorrow evening. The betting suggests we will: 4/7 at the moment on oddschecker  :o
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

drici

Kildare 0-07  Cork 1-03

Half Time

drici

Kildare 0-12  Cork 1-09

Full Time

drici

The players are back out for Extra Time.

drici

Kildare 0-13  Cork 1-10

Half Time in Extra Time

drici

Kildare 0-13  Cork 1-12

After Extra Time

Donnellys Hollow

Same old story for Kildare I'm afraid. Solid enough defence and midfield but lacking the killer instinct in the forwards - 14 wides tells its own story. We were cruising along in the first half and probably should have been further clear but we never seemed to recover once Cork got their goal a few minutes before the interval.

It's difficult to envisage many of the team yesterday stepping up to senior level. Tommy Moolick was Kildare's most impressive player but he was wasted at wing back. I can't understand why he wasn't moved into a more central position where he could have influenced the game more. Fitzpatrick had a very mixed day, did a lot of positive things but made a handful of basic errors as well. Matt Kelly was quite prominent but he ran out of steam in the second half. Ronan Walsh too had a decent game and Eyres looks like a better option than Shorty as backup to Shane Connolly. Not a whole lot to write home about in the forwards. Mulhall is the great white hope but he wasn't anywhere near his best yesterday. In fairness to him he did pick up a bad knock in the first half but he had been beaten out to a few balls by his man before that. He should have taken a goal chance after doing well to dispossess the Cork keeper but he tried to lob him and ended up just hitting it straight at him. He did kick some good scores but he does seem very one footed which won't do at senior inter-county level.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?