Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madge

Quote from: new devil on September 20, 2009, 09:34:39 AM
didnt read the post above so f**k off you t**ser

You come in looking to know who won and don't think to read the post above at 5am? Smart, real smart. Nice personal abuse too, expect a ban to come your way big lad.

Archie Mitchell

You tell him Madge. It's not hard to read that post to see who won. Never bothered staying up to watch it but sky +ed it so will watch later.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thought the interview was at least as entertaining as the fight. Very very one sided. Going to bed and getting up again is defintely the way to go for these last night fights though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on September 20, 2009, 05:45:16 AM
The boy is back, classy display as ever from Mayweather, very one sided.

Thought he let Marquez go the distance.

Not a happy chappy in the proceeding interview
Who won? :D

YogiBear

Congratulations to Katie Taylor who won her fourth European Championship over the weekend winning 11-0 in the final and she never dropped a point in any of her three fights which is remarkable.  Currently the greatest sportsperson we have in Ireland and one of the best of all time.

Mayweather to big and powerful for Marquez on Saturday night and think he would be to big for Manny as well.  Mosley fight would be a better match-up but still think Mayweather will beat him.  He is best pound for pound fighter no doubt, and best boxer I have seen live.  Cant see anyone causing him to many problems in his weight division maybe Paul Williams but doubt it.

I was reading over weekend that Darren Sutherlands family has banned Frank Maloney and his trainer Brian Lawrence from the funeral over comments they made after his death.  Very sad indeed.

quit yo jibbajabba

hi there; not a boxin guru like most of yous on here, but like watching the odd bout;

can i just say i never saw as big a tw@t as thon interviewer after the fight; interrupted mayweather continually;
no great fan of mayweather the person, but was v glad when he gave yer man what for;

rant over (mayweather some boxer by the way)

who won? :)

Hound

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 21, 2009, 10:15:31 AM
hi there; not a boxin guru like most of yous on here, but like watching the odd bout;

can i just say i never saw as big a tw@t as thon interviewer after the fight; interrupted mayweather continually;
no great fan of mayweather the person, but was v glad when he gave yer man what for;

rant over (mayweather some boxer by the way)

who won? :)
Totally agree. An absolute knob. Floyd should've decked the smarmy git.

Didnt think size had too much affect on the result. Mayweather's speed and accuracy were the difference.

magpie seanie

Don't really watch a whole lot of boxing but enjoyed Mayweather the other night. He really has incredible speed and I've never seen someone as elusive. Made a really top class fighter look ordinary.

High Wide and Handsome

Paul McCloskey will be fitting in Magherafelt on Nov 6th according to Derry Post.

Quality!
"Swing er over!"

Minder

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on September 22, 2009, 05:04:12 PM
Paul McCloskey will be fitting in Magherafelt on Nov 6th according to Derry Post.

Quality!

What is he "fitting", a kitchen?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: Minder on September 22, 2009, 05:07:32 PM
Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on September 22, 2009, 05:04:12 PM

Quality!

What is he "fitting", a kitchen?

;D ;D

very good. slight typing error there, FIGHTING
"Swing er over!"

magpie seanie

Is Bernard Dunne up against it tonight? His opponent is evens - surely a good bet?

PadraicHenryPearse

they very highly of him over here in Thailand and think he will be too quick and accurate for Dunne. They think is nothing but heart and that isn;t enough against Poon.

whiskeysteve

What times the fight? I know coverage starts at 9.30 but when is the fight itself?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

whiskeysteve

Jimmy Magee on tyson fury: "...and he's white and that's important... ...that's not racist believe me."

:D :D
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w