Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Is that show on again?  I only got to see a tiny bit of it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

YogiBear

I don't think anyone should be surprised by Ali in the programme.  It is well known Ali held some very militant racist views in his younger days.  While I don't agree with his views then I can understand them as the black people suffered great discrimination in them days and Ali was deeply affected by this, remember he threw away his Olympic medal because he couldn't get served in a cafe.  Also in the build up to fights fighters use any means possible to wind up opponents and Ali was a master at this.  As he got older his views became more liberal which happens a lot of people.  No matter about his conduct outside the ring he was an undoubted legend in the ring.

Bernard Dunne's opponent is Cristian 'El Terible' Faccio from Uruguay, who has a record of 16-3-0.  He is a come forward fighter with reasonable power with a suspect chin(doubt Dunne will expose this however) but he should suit Dunne who should win on points if he has any chance of a world title.

The Iceman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 12, 2008, 02:21:01 PM
read it in one of todays papers that duddy has left his manager and promoter

Hearns' son is supposed to be decent enough - looking at his record he is undefeated with some solid wins and KO power

I don't see Duddy ever being a world champion and he is been protected BIG TIME to milk the Irish-American market
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Rav67

Duddy was being lined up for Pavlik last spring but he got cut too badly, I still think because he can sell a fight that he'll get one crack at a world title but will get beaten easily.

TORGAEL

Strange finish to the Bernard Dunne fight tonight. The doctor stopped the fight due to an accidental clash of heads with both fighters being cut, Dunne extremely badly. Went to the scorecards at the end of the 7th round and Dunne won on pts.

Declan

Thought Dunne was excellent last night and he is a really good boxer. Just a pity he hasn't got a killer punch.

The Ali/Frazier documentary was excellent and showed Ali's "bad" side alright. Didn't lose the huge respect I have for him and what he has done with his life but it shows that no one is perfect. Incidentally in my opinion Ali's demolition of Frazier in their second fight was a greater "boxing" performance than his victory in Manila notwithstanding the historical significance of that third fight.

Tim Buzaglo

Monte Barretts ring entrance last night is my sporting highlight of the year!

Have to confess, really enjoy watching Haye, the fight can end at any moment from the first bell.  Looking forward to seeing him agoinst one of the Klitschkos.  It may be a crap division right now but that fight should be worth watching!
Will we ever see another one?

supersub

i agree, at the moment he will probably win the category because there is not real opposition, however if he had been fighting a few years back he may not have progressed as well!

TORGAEL

Would have to believe that Hatton will certainly win.He's never been beaten when fighting at light-welter, and i think he will beat Malignaggi on points tonight.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 22, 2008, 06:37:41 PM
Quiet on here re tonights big fight, would have expected more chat considering its Ricky Haton fighting  ;D  Not as muhc hype about this one as was with last years fight against the pretty boy. 

Anyway, anyone any thoughts on which way this fight will swing tonight?  Also, where can you watch online for free?   ;D

What he said.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 22, 2008, 08:07:20 PM
Quiet on here re tonights big fight, would have expected more chat considering its Ricky Haton fighting  ;D  Not as muhc hype about this one as was with last years fight against the pretty boy. 

Anyway, anyone any thoughts on which way this fight will swing tonight?  Also, where can you watch online for free?   ;D

What he said.

What he said.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Carmen Stateside

Hattons brother fighting tonight too!
Keep an eye here for the fight lads:

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/boxing?kind=live&order=hot&lang=en

wrecked_em

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 22, 2008, 08:16:25 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 22, 2008, 08:07:20 PM

What he said.

What he said.

http://watchliveboxing.blogspot.com/

its workin for me at the minute anyway

wrecked_em

hattons brother on now

i take it the main event starts at 4am? 

hope he gets the head hammered off him if i have to stay up that late

gawa316