Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footblock

Lads, don't bother heading to NÉ v LD match tonight. We won't be there.

BigBallWeeBall

Thanks, saves a trip. BTW did something happen

Belfast GAA man

County not updating website probably! don't think NE fancied B or they haven't sobered up ;D

Footblock

As stated last week we never had any intention of playing in the B championship. It wouldn't have been fair to legitimate B teams and if CCC didn't want us in the A championship we certainly werent going to risk injuries for an All-ireland semi-final in the B championship which wouldn't have meant anything to us.Thats a pity as it would have been a cracking last 4 with us, Dunloy, Creggan and Naomh Brígid.  We won't know who the best U-21 team was.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Footblock on December 05, 2018, 08:02:16 PM
As stated last week we never had any intention of playing in the B championship. It wouldn't have been fair to legitimate B teams and if CCC didn't want us in the A championship we certainly werent going to risk injuries for an All-ireland semi-final in the B championship which wouldn't have meant anything to us.Thats a pity as it would have been a cracking last 4 with us, Dunloy, Creggan and Naomh Brígid.  We won't know who the best U-21 team was.

Well we do, it will be the winners from Rossa, Dunloy, Creggan and St Brids...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

A LD mate tells me NE didn't say they weren't turning up until late this afternoon and NE did the same thing the last time they were due to play...out of order

BigBallWeeBall

I'm surprised NE pulled out of the u21 B. After all they played in B (intermediate) Championship against "legitimate" B standard teams while playing Div 1. Pure arrogance.

The gooch

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 05, 2018, 10:23:50 PM
I'm surprised NE pulled out of the u21 B. After all they played in B (intermediate) Championship against "legitimate" B standard teams while playing Div 1. Pure arrogance.

Nail on the head

The gooch

Says on website creggan at home to brids. Thats 100%?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The gooch on December 05, 2018, 10:30:42 PM

Nail on the head

Intermediate is not a 'b' championship I'm afraid. Junior is not a 'c' championship either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryboy99

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2018, 10:43:52 PM

Nail on the head

Intermediate is not a 'b' championship I'm afraid. Junior is not a 'c' championship either

I think you'll find it is! If you can play senior league you can play senior championship! An intermediate is a B championship me man! And the fact your arguing the fact makes it even worse. It looks bad playing senior league and dropping to a lower championship! Yes Banagher were the best intermediate team in Derry but they played in intermediate league and championship to regain senior status for 2019.

A) Senior
B) Intermediate
C) Junior

bogieman

Quote from: Derryboy99 on December 05, 2018, 02:04:35 PM
Won't have said match fitness is going to be a difference as hurling and football are 2 different games.. ...

... Bollocks

Ps. Footblock, you're a bollocks or only talk ballocks ...

Pss st Enda's, more bollocks - senior, intermediate and u21
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Last Man

Quote from: bogieman on December 06, 2018, 12:36:32 AM
Won't have said match fitness is going to be a difference as hurling and football are 2 different games.. ...

... Bollocks

Ps. Footblock, you're a bollocks or only talk ballocks ...

Pss st Enda's, more bollocks - senior, intermediate and u21

Might I refer you to my earlier comment. Don't worry you can't keep this up, the angst will pass.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2018, 06:26:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2018, 10:43:52 PM

Nail on the head

?
You're gonna have to explain that one to me.

The teams that play in those championships are the clubs senior teams, they are not the clubs b team or c team. You can have a junior 'b' competition but they must win the junior 'b' competition to play in the junior competition proper...

All saints this year won Junior 'b'  and played in a all Ireland 'championship' which I think is a great idea, but I'm not hung up on a under21 championship unless the competition was played first and the winners then entered the real championship.

If you've played before then you'll know, you play and want to get on your senior team, regardless of the championship they are in.. you don't strive to get on the b team but this may be the level you're at (not you personally) and that's fine.

I get senior is 'a' and intermediate is 'b' and so on but I wouldn't be little Rossa's All Ireland win in Ctoke Park, or Creggan's Junior All Ireland

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 05, 2018, 09:23:03 AM
Yeah they are an impressive side and have had plenty of their lads in the Derry squads this past few years. Backed by the U16's who are also very strong they are a tough team and one that could go the distance.

the most of our lads all play hurling as well and have probably played more games compared to Bellaghy since they won Derry which could give us a slight edge there in terms of match sharpness but look everythings a bonus at this stage to us.

Won't have said match fitness is going to be a difference as hurling and football are 2 different games.. dungiven gave yous a schooling in ulster minor hurling final and the man That did the damage can only hurl off 1 side so that theory I don't believe although I believe your minors are well represented in your u21 set up.. will be tight but can see them taking it in the end up

To be fair bellaghy have done very little in terms of games since the county final. they have been training and in the gym whereas our lads have been playing hurling and U21 football.

all the pitch sessions and gym session cant replicate 60mins of competitive match time.

but Bellaghy are the overwhelming favourites, we have nothing to lose on Sunday as everything's a bonus at this stage of the year.
hurl like f**k boi!