The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Fair play to Rory Kavanagh for calling out Donaghy for grabbing Galway player by the throat. Des Cahill his usual useless self didn't even ask Colm Cooper for an opinion. The man is a waste of oxygen

straightred

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 10:19:19 PM
Fair play to Rory Kavanagh for calling out Donaghy for grabbing Galway player by the throat. Des Cahill his usual useless self didn't even ask Colm Cooper for an opinion. The man is a waste of oxygen

Fair enough but why did COC get a free pass?

dublin7

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2017, 10:20:46 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Fair enough but why did COC get a free pass?

I agree. That should have raised as well. It's not the 1st time he's done it.

As for Brian McGuigan saying Donaghy should get a pass because he isn't Diarmuod Connolly should mean it's the last time he is allowed appear on the show

Wildweasel74

Rory Kavanagh would know all about cheap shots

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 10:49:35 PM
As for Brian McGuigan saying Donaghy should get a pass because he isn't Diarmuod Connolly should mean it's the last time he is allowed appear on the show

Huh? Was he not being ironic?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

dublin7

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2017, 10:57:13 PM

Accordimg to Brian because Connolly has reputation for trouble and Donaghy doesn't different rules apply

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 10:59:42 PM

Accordimg to Brian because Connolly has reputation for trouble and Donaghy doesn't different rules apply

He was pointing up the irony of it, so far as I could make out, ie, calling it out for the mockery it was, and citing Connolly to prove the point.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

straightred

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2017, 11:05:10 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 10:59:42 PM

He was pointing up the irony of it, so far as I could make out, ie, calling it out for the mockery it was, and citing Connolly to prove the point.

I thought the same - laced with sarcasm

illdecide

Brian McGuigan looked very nervous there speaking and like he needed to clear his throat
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Croí na hÉireann

Was only half listening yesterday but what was the tiff they kept referring to between Brolly and Spillane?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

omagh_gael

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 31, 2017, 09:56:50 AM
Was only half listening yesterday but what was the tiff they kept referring to between Brolly and Spillane?

The soap opera surrounding Pat's Sunday Game dressing down of Connolly and Joe & Dessie subsequently throwing Spillane under the bus the following week.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 31, 2017, 10:03:51 AM

The soap opera surrounding Pat's Sunday Game dressing down of Connolly and Joe & Dessie subsequently throwing Spillane under the bus the following week.

Have they not been on together since? Sure that was the start of June was it not.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

omagh_gael

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 31, 2017, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 31, 2017, 10:03:51 AM

Have they not been on together since? Sure that was the start of June was it not.

Not 100% sure but I did notice Joe was doing a lot of pitchside work recently.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 09:03:10 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 30, 2017, 08:56:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 30, 2017, 08:39:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:08:30 PM
Spillane found it amazing today that Parsons was Dropped for todays game?  ;D

I found it amazing myself. I had heard that Parsons had a hamstring injury but if he did have a hamstring injury, how could he have come on in the last ten minutes? And if he didn't have a hamstring injury, why wasn't he starting?

Did he not do any Research the last couple of Weeks? Did he not read the Rumours online? In the newspapers?

What difference would that make? If Parsons was injured, he couldn't have come on. If he wasn't injured and didn't start, that means he was dropped. There are no other possible interpretations. Pat's a fossil and should have been put out to grass as a pundit years ago, but he's correct about this.

Depends on the injury I suppose?

I've spent the past thirty or so hours trying to figure what sort of an injury a man could have that would prevent him from starting but not stop him from being sent on to pull the fat from the fire.

Is he still injured? Will he start the next day? These are all pretty relevant questions, you know.

From the Bunker

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 31, 2017, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 09:03:10 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 30, 2017, 08:56:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:48:12 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 30, 2017, 08:39:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:08:30 PM
Spillane found it amazing today that Parsons was Dropped for todays game?  ;D

I found it amazing myself. I had heard that Parsons had a hamstring injury but if he did have a hamstring injury, how could he have come on in the last ten minutes? And if he didn't have a hamstring injury, why wasn't he starting?

Did he not do any Research the last couple of Weeks? Did he not read the Rumours online? In the newspapers?

What difference would that make? If Parsons was injured, he couldn't have come on. If he wasn't injured and didn't start, that means he was dropped. There are no other possible interpretations. Pat's a fossil and should have been put out to grass as a pundit years ago, but he's correct about this.

Depends on the injury I suppose?

I've spent the past thirty or so hours trying to figure what sort of an injury a man could have that would prevent him from starting but not stop him from being sent on to pull the fat from the fire.

Is he still injured? Will he start the next day? These are all pretty relevant questions, you know.

What kind of an injury did Peter Canavan have in 2003?