2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Breeze going off towards the corner, dunno how much of a help it will be.

Awful first 20 minutes and then we started playing. This talk of Cavan being more open looks like nonsense, 14 behind the ball on defense at nearly all times.

mrdeeds

tippabu

Looks almost certain now that it's winner takes all between Cavan and tipp. Could still finish with all 3 teams on 9 points but unlikely

Westside

Rossies a shade better, made more of their possession and Cormac Reilly gave them the rub of the green.

We're on the back foot now. Need to beat Tipp, a tough ask. I'm beginning to think we may be a tiny bit off what's needed to go up. Which is a pity because the teams coming down next year will make it a stronger Division than this year.

Syferus

The sky is blue, the grass is green and Roscommon are better than Cavan.

Never in doubt.. :-X

Itchy

Missed goal when 2 points up was a big twist. Still we earned two bites at the cherry so winner takes all next time out

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on March 18, 2018, 03:58:50 PM

And you are a bollox

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on March 18, 2018, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 18, 2018, 03:58:50 PM

And you are a bollox

Tongue firmly in cheek for your benefit, bruv.

Game could have went either way. Enda had an awful mishap in front of goal in the second half and if Cavan had got the goal it was game over.

Orchard park

Reilly appeared to favour us a lot, several body checked and fouls waved on but if probably balances out over the course of a league.  Doubt if I was ever as cold in the Hyde. Ross ground it out but holy f**k the first 20 mins of both halves were puck from our perspective

oliverkelly

Quote from: Orchard park on March 18, 2018, 05:00:46 PM
Reilly appeared to favour us a lot, several body checked and fouls waved on but if probably balances out over the course of a league.  Doubt if I was ever as cold in the Hyde. Ross ground it out but holy f**k the first 20 mins of both halves were puck from our perspective

Taught the ref was very poor for both sides but did not favour anyone. There was plenty of baffling decisions given to Cavan and lads not booked when they should have been especially McVeety in first half

Shamrock Shore

Howye lads.

I may be popping in next Sun to have the craic  :)

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on March 18, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

Cavan got as many calls for as against. The Cavan manager was having a laugh after the match saying a game is 20% about the ref. If you want to win those types of matches it's as much about the man on the sideline making the right calls as the ref or the players. Our subs delivered, Cavan's didn't.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on March 17, 2018, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 01:17:10 PM
A bit of lottery predicting results in this division but here goes...

Down v Tipp - Tipp by 3
Cork v Clare - Cork by 4
Roscommon v Cavan - a draw
Louth v Meath - Meath by 8

Going into the final round of games still all to play for at the top and bottom.

Cavan 10
Tipp 9
Roscommon 8
Cork 8
Meath 5
Clare 4
Down 4
Louth 0

Ross and Cavan a very interesting one. Cavan have a poor record versus Roscommon but Ross can be inconsistent when it comes to must win games and they are away to Cork after tomorrow
Cavan have showed the most consistency in group of inconsistent teams so far and i think Roscommon have Cork at home.
Sorry. Ross are at home to Cork. Having beaten Cavan it is completely in their own hands to get promoted
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

tippabu

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 18, 2018, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on March 17, 2018, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 01:17:10 PM
A bit of lottery predicting results in this division but here goes...

Down v Tipp - Tipp by 3
Cork v Clare - Cork by 4
Roscommon v Cavan - a draw
Louth v Meath - Meath by 8

Going into the final round of games still all to play for at the top and bottom.

Cavan 10
Tipp 9
Roscommon 8
Cork 8
Meath 5
Clare 4
Down 4
Louth 0

Ross and Cavan a very interesting one. Cavan have a poor record versus Roscommon but Ross can be inconsistent when it comes to must win games and they are away to Cork after tomorrow
Cavan have showed the most consistency in group of inconsistent teams so far and i think Roscommon have Cork at home.
Sorry. Ross are at home to Cork. Having beaten Cavan it is completely in their own hands to get promoted

Its completely in all three teams hands but roscommon are far and away the best placed and almost certain to go up. Interesting to see how the cccc run off the fixtures, you either have tipp and down next week and push all week 7 games back a week or play week 7 as is and tipp down the following week.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 18, 2018, 05:19:56 PM
Howye lads.

I may be popping in next Sun to have the craic  :)

Might be visiting myself too...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.