Sunday Sport Championship preview

Started by The Burner, May 12, 2013, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Yeah, I don't know why people get so upset to the point of writing in to the Sunday game. They like to drum up a bit of controversy and Spillane and Brolly know the soft spots to push like "puke football".

I'm also certain they only keep Marty Morrissey on board to wind me up.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: thejuice on May 15, 2013, 01:20:14 PM
Yeah, I don't know why people get so upset to the point of writing in to the Sunday game. They like to drum up a bit of controversy and Spillane and Brolly know the soft spots to push like "puke football".

I'm also certain they only keep Marty Morrissey on board to wind me up.

I have a vision of the boys where Brolly arrives in RTE in his car alone, talking, and they put him in his chair still talking, and then the camera rolls and he of course is still talking. Spillane would then obviously be thrown by this and constantly try to interrupt, each interruption that is frustrated by Brolley's non-stop chatter would be followed by a more sensational interruption: 'puke-football', 'shi-ite football'; But to no avail, Brolley wins by simply talking. Occasionally O'Rourke wakes up in the middle of this awful commotion, like a Meath Father Jack Hackett, and grumpily starts shouting 'arse', rubbish', 'feck'. All of this takes place independent of any match or event and the exact same conversation could happen if they recorded it in a pub after hours on Christmas morning, watching netball.

McStay by contrast tries to talk about the match he is actually supposed to talk about, i.e. whatever match is on. But this makes him stick out like a sore thumb and that is not a good thing in the GAA. Tony Davis is a bit like the drunk Uncle at a wedding who could get up to anything and needs to be watched, while poor Martin Carney has the unenviable job of teaching the game to Ger Canning. Tommy Lyons reminds me of the poor taxi driver who went to the BBC for a job and found himself being interviewed to explain the Apple v Apple lawsuit. Tohill is good, well I wouldn't really know but the Ulstermen here vote him number one for everything so he must be good. Dara O'Cinéide meanwhile is also good, but he is from Kerry.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Very good muppet ;D. I think, so long as Ryle 'ovalball-head' Nugent is the head of sports at RTE, then the GAA will be associated with the gombeen man. >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 15, 2013, 11:04:41 PM
Very good muppet ;D. I think, so long as Ryle 'ovalball-head' Nugent is the head of sports at RTE, then the GAA will be associated with the gombeen man. >:(

How much would RTE have to offer to get your sleek and futuristic head on the tv?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 15, 2013, 11:49:46 PM

How much would RTE have to offer to get your sleek and futuristic head on the tv?

It'd be a decent enough offer. I just think that our national games are third choice when it comes to the men in Montrose.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2013, 06:36:21 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 15, 2013, 11:49:46 PM

It'd be a decent enough offer. I just think that our national games are third choice when it comes to the men in Montrose.

Wow! The guide of sweeping statement that we would ridicule a Brolly or Spillane for if they made it. Any analysis to back this up?
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

No analysis. I'm not long awake. I probably will cringe when I see this later on too.