Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

Kevin Lunney is a courageous and heroic Irishman.  I wish him a full recovery.  Everyone should watch Spotlight.

Baile Brigín 2

Sounds like the 'paymaster' should have a squeaky anus. Family tradition is to leggit though

under the bar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 09, 2019, 09:10:16 PM
Sounds like the 'paymaster' should have a squeaky anus. Family tradition is to leggit though

What's the odds that the odious paymaster is a Liverpool supporter?

Smokin Joe

Reading the reports of what was found in the house in Derbyshire it seems like we must be getting close to understanding who is behind these attacks very soon.
An interesting next week, no doubt.

smelmoth

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 10, 2019, 07:51:10 AM
Reading the reports of what was found in the house in Derbyshire it seems like we must be getting close to understanding who is behind these attacks very soon.
An interesting next week, no doubt.

What was found?

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on November 10, 2019, 01:08:22 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 09, 2019, 09:10:16 PM

What's the odds that the odious paymaster is a Liverpool supporter?

Seriously lad stay of the juice or get the responsible adult in charge to change the wifi settings so you cant post after bedtime.

Angelo

Have Itchy and Supersarsfields any idea who the paymaster might be or do they believe that he is a fabrication?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

The write up in today's Sunday World points it very likely it was Quinn. He never seemed convincing in his interviews.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 10, 2019, 09:50:05 AM
Have Itchy and Supersarsfields any idea who the paymaster might be or do they believe that he is a fabrication?
I've a fair idea who I think is behind it. But I'll hold my council till I've something to back it up.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 12:55:05 PM
I've a fair idea who I think is behind it. But I'll hold my council till I've something to back it up.

Whoever it is would need some significant financial clout and a motive behind it which should narrow the suspect list.

Angelo

The following day, Wednesday at 5pm, an email pinged into the inbox of Liam McCaffrey, the chief executive of QIH. It was from Sean Quinn's son, Sean Junior - who along with his father had been brought back into the company on a €100,000 consultancy contract before they were both let go in 2016. Sean Junior had attacked the directors as "pariahs" last year.

"Hi Liam,

"I hope you are doing well after what must have been a very difficult time for all of you but particularly Kevin and his family.

"As you likely saw in Jim Fitzpatrick's piece last night, representatives of the family are more than prepared to attend a meeting with you or with representatives of Quinn Industrial Holdings with a view to exploring if there is some way the parties could work together to try and bring calm to the area. This email is to formally make that offer directly to you in good faith.

Regards,

Sean"

Liam McCaffrey and his colleagues considered the email. The death threat they had received two weeks earlier was fresh in their minds. Its list of issues included the directors' failure to reply to Sean Quinn when he had tried to contact them.

He replied. He was "surprised" given Sean Junior's comments at the "inflammatory meeting" and his references to the directors as "pariahs", "at a time when members of the management team of QIH were the subject of a series of arson attacks and calm was required".

"We are deeply concerned at continuing attempts to position this is a community issue. This peace-loving community is united in support of Kevin and played no part in his abduction."

He declined his offer to meet and urged Sean Junior to go to the police "as a matter of urgency" if he had any information related to the intimidation. "We hope that there will be an atmosphere now that people will feel more comfortable to speak freely ," said John McCartin, one of five directors. "I would hope that the resolve remains to finish this investigation out and to get to the paymaster."

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 10, 2019, 01:02:49 PM

Whoever it is would need some significant financial clout and a motive behind it which should narrow the suspect list.
I'm sure we'll find out soon Angelo. I know if I'm wrong and SQ was involved I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong about it.

Cavan19

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 01:18:19 PM

I'm sure we'll find out soon Angelo. I know if I'm wrong and SQ was involved I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong about it.

Any of his children hardly crazy enough to be involved?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Cavan19 on November 10, 2019, 01:20:52 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 01:18:19 PM

Any of his children hardly crazy enough to be involved?
Can't see it. The interest in the group was always more SQ than the children. Most of the children have moved on into other things and only one is living local to the Fermanagh/ Cavan area.