J70

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 04:45:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 04:28:38 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 04:13:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 03:34:43 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 03:21:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 09, 2023, 03:08:03 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 01:55:12 PM
I had no idea what Rapinoe's sexual preferences were or indeed her political preferences.

From a sporting perspective I feel she is a horrible jumped up person.

Saw a video of her signing a kids balls - she couldnt even look at the kid.

As arrogant as they come
You could have a fair stab at it!

I now know her sexual orientation - makes zero difference to my opinion of her.

Still is still a horrible person

Because of a video you saw?

Her general demeanor in that video - then a video of her winning a trophy (could have been the last WC) where she was mouthing about how she deserved it.

In fact anything I see of her is her being obnoxious/thoroughly unlikable person.

I couldnt give a f**k what her political or sexual leanings are

I looked up the "I deserve this" clip.

You're easily offended.

Not much of a comeback J70 - Im easily offended  :o

From what I have seen of her I thing she is an absolute tosser.
Im not offended by her in the least however from my limited knowledge of her she is a horrible person.

Maybe if I meet her I would change my mind but until that time............

As you are contesting my assertion of her what makes you think the opposite of me?

I haven't expressed any opinion on her to this point.

I admire her public stances and bravery.

I know little about her personality. She may be the biggest w**ker ever, but a five second clip of her celebrating a WC win and clip of a single interaction with a young fan are hardly solid ground for dismissing someone  as a "horrible jumped up person".

jcpen

Anyways.... It was great to see her miss the penalty all the same  ;D
NEUTRAL

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: jcpen on August 09, 2023, 04:56:34 PM
Anyways.... It was great to see her miss the penalty all the same  ;D
Agreed, the usual woke wet wipe snowflakes out with their pitchforks as predicted.

jcpen

What an epic penalty shootout that was between Australia and France.
NEUTRAL

Wildweasel74

Some amount of booing at it for the penalties, Australians fans bad winners on top of been even worse losers.

weareros

England getting a handy run. They were outplayed by Nigeria who did not look any better than Ireland. They were gifted an equaliser against Columbia. And Aussies didn't look much better than Ireland either but home advantage helps. Pity the Yanks were knocked out. Would have loved to see Alex Morgan do a Boston tea party celebration again. She fairly triggered Piers Morgan and the right wing British press even worse than Megan Rapinoe.

An Watcher

Draw has definitely opened up for them.  Their run was potentially canada, Germany, France but became Nigeria, colombia and Australia.  None of them are great shares.  Hoping the Spanish or swedes do the business.  Couldn't stand Australia or England winning.  Same goes for the yanks

Kidder81

Would it have been any tougher, Canada & Germany were shown to be poor

Have to say the standard of goalkeeping is really poor, I know the keepers are obviously smaller but still 

imtommygunn

They've not been great tbh. Be very surprised if they win it. Watched the end of the Colombia game and heard an interview after with an England player who said they were in complete control. They were not and it was a backs to the wall job.

Wildweasel74

Blowitupref

England beaten 1-0 in the World Cup final by Spain, a side they beat in the Euros via extra time last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

imtommygunn

marty34

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 20, 2023, 01:04:01 PM
There won't be a shirt ironed in Madrid tonight

Spain were, by far, the better team. Dominated the whole game, possessions and chances.  Only for keeper it could have been 3 or 4 nil.