Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Targetman

It's not good enough but its no surprise, I wonder is there a team out there that has a worse record away from home in Europe than Celtic, just have no confidence in them getting a result

ned

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 26, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on October 26, 2018, 10:29:38 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 26, 2018, 08:53:40 AM
Once more Celtic shite in Europe whilst the Gers march on. Somebody needs to get a grip soon.

Gers March on, seriously? They drew at home to a side who just sacked their manager and had a fitness coach in charge, personally I couldn't care about the blue half of Glasgow. We have enough problems ourselves, basic errors are killing us in europe, last night we didn't play that badly in fact right up until the 1st goal I was pleased with how it was going but again stupid errors kill all our good work. We need a new keeper, right back and centre back, possibly another striker too. Get them in jan and build for next seasons qualifiers now so we don't have the same crap we had in the summer
Rangers have 5 points and top the group. celtic have 3 and can't even raise a performance. It is not good enough.

What relevance have they to us in relation to European performances? Easier group, opposition teams in disarray. We can still qualify (looking unlikely), they have won very few matches in Europe this year and will struggle to qualify.
We are second in the league, they are fifth.

tyroneman

European away form 2008-2018

10 wins
13 draws

2017-18
Champions League 2nd qualifier 1st leg – Linfield 0 Celtic 2
CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg – Rosenborg 0 Celtic 1
CL play-off – Astana 4 Celtic 3
CL group stage – Anderlecht 0 Celtic 3
CL group stage – Bayern Munich 3 Celtic 0
CL group stage – PSG 7 Celtic 1
EL– Zenit 3 Celtic 0

2016-7
Champions League 2nd qualifier 1st leg – Lincoln Red Imps 1 Celtic 0
CL 3rd qualifier 1st leg – Astana 1 Celtic 1
CL play-off 2nd leg – Hapoel Beer Sheva 2 Celtic 0
CL group stage – Barcelona 7, Celtic 0
CL group stage – Monchengladbach 1, Celtic 1
CL group stage – Manchester City 1, Celtic 1

2015-16
Champions League 2nd qualifier 2nd leg – Stjarnan 1 Celtic 4
CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg – Qarabag 0, Celtic 0
CL play-off 2nd leg – Malmo 2 Celtic 0
EL – Ajax 2 Celtic 2
EL– Molde 3 Celtic 1
EL– Fenerbahce 1 Celtic 1

2014-15
Champions League 2nd qualifier 2nd leg – Reykjavik 0 Celtic 1
CL 3rd qualifier 1st leg – *Legia Warsaw 4 Celtic 1
CL play-off 1st leg – Maribor 1 Celtic 1
EL – Red Bull Salzburg 2 Celtic 2
EL– Astra Giurgiu 1 Celtic 1
EL– Dinamo Zagreb 4 Celtic 3
EL – Inter Milan 1 Celtic 0
*Celtic awarded 3-0 win after Legia fielded an ineligible player

2013-4
Champions League 2nd qualifier 1st leg – Cliftonville 0 Celtic 3
CL 3rd qualifier 2nd leg – Elfsborg 0 Celtic 0
CL play-off 1st leg – Shakhter Karagandy 2 Celtic 0
CL group stage – AC Milan 2 Celtic 0
CL group stage – Ajax 1 Celtic 0
CL group stage – Barcelona 6 Celtic 1

2012-13   3 away wins,
2011-12    *0 away wins, 2 away draws *Sion match awarded for ineligible player
2010-11   0 away wins, 0 away draws
2009-10   1 away win, 2 away draws
2008-09   0 away wins, 0 away draws

Targetman

Good to sort out that horrible crowd today, played some good stuff in the second half and should have scored more, good enough for Naismith the hateful p***k!!

charlieTully

Quote from: Targetman on October 28, 2018, 03:53:05 PM
Good to sort out that horrible crowd today, played some good stuff in the second half and should have scored more, good enough for Naismith the hateful p***k!!

+1

From the Bunker

Was in the balance until the Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal gifted the 2nd goal.

Rangers have not won a major title now in 7 years. In this time Celtic have won 7 leagues, 3 Cups and 3 League Cups.  A 13 title gain.

Rangers on 115 are only 10 Domestic titles ahead of Celtic on 105. Before they went bust they were 23 ahead.

On League titles - Rangers have 54 and Celtic 49. The Gap is 5 and was was 12 before they went bust.

ONeill

Didn't realise how dominant Rangers were before they couped.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ned

Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2018, 11:57:34 PM
Didn't realise how dominant Rangers were before they couped.

OR didn't realise how financially doped they were and how corrupt the institutions were.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 28, 2018, 09:54:17 PM
Was in the balance until the Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal gifted the 2nd goal.

Rangers have not won a major title now in 7 years. In this time Celtic have won 7 leagues, 3 Cups and 3 League Cups.  A 13 title gain.

Rangers on 115 are only 10 Domestic titles ahead of Celtic on 105. Before they went bust they were 23 ahead.

On League titles - Rangers have 54 and Celtic 49. The Gap is 5 and was was 12 before they went bust.

They were only founded 6 and a half years ago !!!

tyroneman

According to https://www.transfermarkt.com/glasgow-rangers/transfers/verein/124

This season - Sevco have spent nearly €12million, recouped around €3million and brought in 9 players + more returning from loan etc

Where the fcuk are they getting the money???

yellowcard

Quote from: tyroneman on October 29, 2018, 01:39:55 PM
According to https://www.transfermarkt.com/glasgow-rangers/transfers/verein/124

This season - Sevco have spent nearly €12million, recouped around €3million and brought in 9 players + more returning from loan etc

Where the fcuk are they getting the money???

Is history repeating itself, that's a seriously high level of turnover of players. They will be under pressure to deliver trophies given that level of spending.

You would imagine that the wage bill will have taken a hike also with the amount of bodies incoming and the number of free transfers.

rodney trotter

They were getting full attendances at Ibrox when they were in the Scottish third Division ,and were paying small wages. They would have earned a bit in the time outside the top flight.

ned

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 29, 2018, 06:56:42 PM
They were getting full attendances at Ibrox when they were in the Scottish third Division ,and were paying small wages. They would have earned a bit in the time outside the top flight.

You obviously haven't followed their "journey" and don't know Scottish football. They overspent massively in the lower teirs when there was no need. Their vanity and sense of entitlement scuppered any chance of them accumulating wealth. To illustrate, below is an interview with ex-Rangers striker (and boyhood Celtic fan) Kevin Kyle ;

Now retired, the 37-year-old, in an interview with Open Goal, criticised the club for "bad financial play" in the contracts they handed out to players while they were in the fourth tier having been accepted into the SFL as it was back then.

Kyle had left Hearts in March 2012 and had been close to signing a deal with St Johnstone after Steve Lomas had offered him "£600-700-a-week" when then Rangers boss Ally McCoist invited him to train at Murray Park for two weeks.

After two weeks Kyle approached McCoist explaining he had an offer to play in the top-flight but Rangers were keen to sign him and negotiate a deal.

"I thought if I can get f*****g £700-800 I'd be over the moon," he told Simon Ferry.

"I walked in and the gaffer said 'right Kevin, what are you after?'. I'm not sure what came over me I went 'I want the same money I was getting at Hearts'. £150,000 a year.

He added: "I went out, f*****g nervous, thinking what have I just said there? I'm thinking I've killed myself."

Rangers came back with an offer of £100,000-a-year with a £1,000 appearance fee on top of that, much to the delight of Kyle.

The former Sunderland and Kilmarnock striker admitted that it was not just him who was receiving substantial money from Rangers for playing in the fourth tier.

He said: "What Ian Black was getting, Temps (David Templeton) was getting, Dean Shiels was getting, should never have got.

"That's not me disrespecting Rangers that's just bad, bad financial play from Rangers behalf. I chanced my arm and got a decent deal. Rangers didn't need to spend all that finance to get out the league they were in."

They signed top league players to get them out of the bottom teir of Scottish football. This was to play against part time players with day jobs. Players that were playing for £50 a week! As I said a vanity project.

clarshack

wasn't Jon Daly getting ridiculous money to play for Rangers in the lower tiers as well?. something like 5k a week?

illdecide

Don't be surprised if Sevco go under again, I've said this before they're throwing all their eggs into one basket for this year and next and if they don't win anything by the end of next season i think they'll go tits up again. If Stevie G wants to replace the players he brought in because they're not good enough then there are a few things wrong there...a) he didn't buy them and believes they're not good enough b) he did buy them and bought duds so the Chairman is now at this stage cropping himself as the saviour will be knocking the door looking more coin c) maybe they're good enough and Stevie G the rookie doesn't know what he's doing...

Could be a mixture of 2 from 3 there but either way unless they win the league this year or next then they're in serious trouble, Celtic can play a big role here as 4 big signings in January should keep them well within our grasp...

We need 2 Centre Halves (as Boyata and Benkovic will be away in January), we need a right back and a centre forward. £20-£25 million could get us 4 quality players that should take us up a level but knowing as i type this that they're prob spend £1.5m on 3 players and one will prob be out of contract somewhere and we'll get him for free >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch