The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: laceer on December 07, 2015, 01:59:45 PM
Want to get a good selection of books for Christmas to read to the young boy (6 months old). I've ordered a few Dr Seuss books and baby's first words type books already. Has anyone got any recommendations?

These guys are very good value for books. We've bought right few from them. We are getting for an older child, but I'm sure they've something for that age group as well.

(Edit Might be better if I add the link!!)

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_home_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

take_yer_points

Quote from: finbar o tool on December 08, 2015, 09:36:56 AM
get 'Enfamil', formula. goes down normal but thickens a bit in the stomach making it harder to come back up. we had to put our lad on this stuff, worked.

I think Gaviscon does the same thing (thickens the milk in the stomach rather than in the bottle). That didn't work for us so we tried Carobel which thickens the milk in the bottle. It worked a treat

oakleaflad

Quote from: take_yer_points on December 08, 2015, 11:28:16 AM
Quote from: finbar o tool on December 08, 2015, 09:36:56 AM
get 'Enfamil', formula. goes down normal but thickens a bit in the stomach making it harder to come back up. we had to put our lad on this stuff, worked.

I think Gaviscon does the same thing (thickens the milk in the stomach rather than in the bottle). That didn't work for us so we tried Carobel which thickens the milk in the bottle. It worked a treat
Carobel worked a treat for my lad as well, would recommend giving it a try.

gawa316

Quote from: Rudi on December 07, 2015, 03:31:32 PM
Quote from: pullhard on December 07, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
any advice on reflux? wee one has especially bad in the mornings. tired gavison - no use

Change the diet, possibly lactose intolerant. Can get lactose free formula.

Our youngest was/is lactose intolerant. Cut the whole dairy out of her diet and sorted it out.

The wife was feeding her at the time, so she had to do the same...wicked as a wasp didn't cover the half of it

deiseach

I bumped into an old school friend yesterday and we got to talking about our kids. He has two young girls and he was quite clear that he wouldn't mind another one. Knowing him as I did, I thought "they're never going to play for the county team, are they?" Then I thought that my one might. Then I felt bad for thinking that.

Am I a bad person?

omaghjoe

Quote from: deiseach on December 18, 2015, 04:44:53 PM
I bumped into an old school friend yesterday and we got to talking about our kids. He has two young girls and he was quite clear that he wouldn't mind another one. Knowing him as I did, I thought "they're never going to play for the county team, are they?" Then I thought that my one might. Then I felt bad for thinking that.

Am I a bad person?

No one let you know what they think Deis?

I'd probably think that its a matter for yourself and your own conscience, but perhaps since your asking it in the first place says your having bother with it.

But then if you just thought it what can u really do? Do we have the ability to control how our inner monologue comes at us?

Some tho would actually say that we do, and if you have developed a more cynical mindset you might be more predisposed to think negative thoughts of others......

Not trying to slight you of course in anyway Deis, as i said ultimately its a question for yourself

Hereiam

Wife on night duty and have a 2 year old vomiting round the place. Never seen it to fail yet. Happy Christmas 😞

giveherlong

Anyone know if the Maxi Cosi Isofix bases are universal to all maxi cosi models?

macdanger2

Quote from: giveherlong on January 16, 2016, 09:57:29 PM
Anyone know if the Maxi Cosi Isofix bases are universal to all maxi cosi models?

Almost certain they're not, they might do one or two seats but not all. Complete joke tbh

take_yer_points

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 17, 2016, 01:57:10 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on January 16, 2016, 09:57:29 PM

Almost certain they're not, they might do one or two seats but not all. Complete joke tbh

I think you're right. There's cabriofix and familyfix. I can't remember which models fit each base though

pullhard

The new one is growing well.

Starting to think about the next size up in car seats.

Research i've read shows that rear facing car seats are safer. Mrs GM and I are leaning this way, anyone experiences of these yokes?

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

guy crouchback

Quote from: pullhard on January 18, 2016, 10:44:46 AM
The new one is growing well.

Starting to think about the next size up in car seats.

Research i've read shows that rear facing car seats are safer. Mrs GM and I are leaning this way, anyone experiences of these yokes?

well if you are moving from the baby seat to the next level up then I'm not sure they come in a rear facing option, even if they do i wouldn't fancy it as the poor kid will be facing the seat as opposed to facing forward. now obviously this makes no difference to a baby but id say it would drive a toddler daft.

by the time they are 2-3 they love chatting and looking at everything that is passing and talking about it unfortunatly driving becomes a very interactive experience, id say facing the other direction then the front seat passengers would be very frustrating for the child.

pullhard

I thought but if they don't know any different shouldn't adversely affect things to much

Don Johnson

New daddy checking in here. Wee one was five weeks old there yesterday. The sleepless nights are hard getting used to but tbf she does the bulk of it if I am working the next day which is fair I think!

Where would be good to go on Easter Sunday for a drive or something with the child?