The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 11, 2015, 12:16:20 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2015, 12:09:11 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2015, 11:50:06 PM
Lads gumtree is your friend. Forking out thousands of euro for new gear is not the way to go!!

PS. We bought a change table I'd say we've used less than 10 times and our child is 10 months. Very unnecessary!
I dunno,I'd only buy new. Each to their own though I suppose.
I don't agree with you about the changing table either,we use it all the time for our two.
Chang table? Fancy dans. The sofa/bed/floor is the ticket. Did yer mothers or grannys have a changing table?

Just got the 3rd out of nappies a few months ago so for the first time in 8 years we have no need for nappies. We had a changing table from day one and it was brilliant, not just for changing but for all the storage on the shelves below.

gawa316

Quote from: GJL on October 16, 2015, 03:51:42 PM
Lads gumtree is your friend. Forking out thousands of euro for new gear is not the way to go!!

PS. We bought a change table I'd say we've used less than 10 times and our child is 10 months. Very unnecessary!
I don't agree with you about the changing table either,we use it all the time for our two.
Chang table? Fancy dans. The sofa/bed/floor is the ticket. Did yer mothers or grannys have a changing table?

Just got the 3rd out of nappies a few months ago so for the first time in 8 years we have no need for nappies. We had a changing table from day one and it was brilliant, not just for changing but for all the storage on the shelves below.

Same here they are handy as f**k. When you're changing in the middle of the night everything is there with in hands reach. Ye don't want to be searching all over for stuff. Is it essential? No but does make your life easier. See if any family or friends are getting rid of theirs.

GJL

Quote from: gawa316 on October 16, 2015, 03:56:59 PM
Quote from: GJL on October 16, 2015, 03:51:42 PM

Same here they are handy as f**k. When you're changing in the middle of the night everything is there with in hands reach. Ye don't want to be searching all over for stuff. Is it essential? No but does make your life easier. See if any family or friends are getting rid of theirs.

Ours was a 'mamas & Papas' and we got it from my sister who had put 3 kids through it. We have just handed it on to a family friend. I cleaned it up and was like new.

Stall the Bailer

Don't see the need for a changing table, it's not like you can take it with you everywhere you go. Your lap on the other hand doesn't have problem. I wouldn't like to have go to a certain room (where the changing table is) every time to change a nappy. In the middle of the night the less times you need to get out of bed the better. At some point you will need to change your baby on your lap (any long car journey down country roads will make this inevitable), no harm in doing it this way all the time.

AZOffaly

It's the fact that everything is there on the changing table. We used a changing table with our two until they were too big to stay on it. It's very handy to have all the powder, wipes, nappies, etc in the proper place. No arsing around (no pun intended) looking for stuff. Unless you keep that stuff in your pocket, you have to go hunting for it to change them on your lap.

Stall the Bailer

But you don't need to buy a changing table to store all the stuff, any cupboard or large drawer will hold it all, even a changing bag holds it all.
A couple of nappies and a bag of wipes and tub of cream is all you need.

Hereiam

I was the same when our first was due "why would you need a changing table" Our 3rd child is 2 and i wouldn't be without it. It keeps everything together and you can have a change of clothes etc in it. Its the one thing that has lasted over the past 6 yrs

muppet

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 16, 2015, 04:41:20 PM
But you don't need to buy a changing table to store all the stuff, any cupboard or large drawer will hold it all, even a changing bag holds it all.
A couple of nappies and a bag of wipes and tub of cream is all you need.

Save it for your missus.  :D

We had the table and it was the business.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

We don't have a changing table, a €5 travel mat from Littlewoods works great. But changing a two-year-old on your lap?

gawa316

When we lived back home we bought furniture from mothercare. The changing table came as part of the chest of drawers. If you need to buy furniture you may as well go for the kiddie stuff as it'll last through all your kids. We lived in a 2 story so it was upstairs then we had one of those mats that deiseach talked about downstairs.

When we moved the wife's cousin gave us their furniture. 5 kids have now been through it and it's as good as new. If you have someone who you can get it off, bite their hand off. Like I said it's not a necessity but a nice luxury to have that'll make your life that wee bit easier, which means a lot in parenthood.

BenDover

Lads the lap is as handy as anything get what ye need set it beside, put the young one on the lap bob's your uncle. And yup the less time outta bed during the night the better.

OakleafCounty

All been well there will be a new set of twins with us in two weeks. We have a two year old boy and don't know what the twins are yet. Anyone got any tips on twins?

muppet

Quote from: OakleafCounty on November 06, 2015, 04:34:18 PM
All been well there will be a new set of twins with us in two weeks. We have a two year old boy and don't know what the twins are yet. Anyone got any tips on twins?

Jebus!

Going from 1 to 3 in one go, and then 3 under 3!!

Best of luck with it though.

MWWSI 2017

laceer

Want to get a good selection of books for Christmas to read to the young boy (6 months old). I've ordered a few Dr Seuss books and baby's first words type books already. Has anyone got any recommendations?

AZOffaly

Quote from: laceer on December 07, 2015, 01:59:45 PM
Want to get a good selection of books for Christmas to read to the young boy (6 months old). I've ordered a few Dr Seuss books and baby's first words type books already. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Get a few popup books as well. Popup nursery rhymes or fairytales.