The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2015, 03:02:17 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 05, 2015, 02:41:33 PM
Need to book the weenies into some Santa trail. Went to Pomeroy two years ago, excellent, and Todds Leap last year. Want to do somewhere different this year. Suggestions?

I'd say the Jungle outside Cookstown would be good. Heard it's very professional setup although my young one isn't that age yet.

Their fright night is beginning shortly and I think it's fantastic. Been 3 times already and it's class!!

I second that! Fright Night is brilliant... very original.

pullhard

Well gents, I've joined the Club. The wee one is now 5 weeks and cute a button.

Some questions. I've got a few races booked in for the next few months, need to get the longer runs in at the weekends.
Any suggestions for combining baby and running?
Thinking of getting some books to get to baby in the evenings any suggestions?

heffo

Can I join as a banger? Twins enroute in March.

Is there a definitive list of essentials you need for a newborn? Don't want to go into Mothercare or wherever and come out with a million things we don't need...cheers

laoislad

Quote from: heffo on October 10, 2015, 07:39:18 PM

Is there a definitive list of essentials you need for a newborn? Don't want to go into Mothercare or wherever and come out with a million things we don't need...cheers
That's going to happen anyway even with a list!!

BTW I'd recommend you go to Tony Kealys in Walkinstown and I think they have a place in in Coolock as well.
Far better than Mothercare for customer service and advice.The staff are really helpful and knowledgeable.
We have bought everything from prams to car seats from them and they are excellent.

I remember going into Mothercare to buy our first pram and when we asked the girl the difference between two prams she said ' that one is blue and black,that one is red and black'....she wasn't joking either....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

take_yer_points

Quote from: laoislad on October 10, 2015, 08:13:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 10, 2015, 07:39:18 PM

That's going to happen anyway even with a list!!

BTW I'd recommend you go to Tony Kealys in Walkinstown and I think they have a place in in Coolock as well.
Far better than Mothercare for customer service and advice.The staff are really helpful and knowledgeable.
We have bought everything from prams to car seats from them and they are excellent.

I remember going into Mothercare to buy our first pram and when we asked the girl the difference between two prams she said ' that one is blue and black,that one is red and black'....she wasn't joking either....

I'll second Tony Kealys. They go to some of those baby events too (not sure what exactly they're called) - we saved a few hundred on the pram alone going to that. Have twins as well.

There's a Tony Kealys in Belfast too - not sure what their prices are like in North vs South but worth checking.

And join TAMBA (Twins & Multiple Birth Association) - 5% or 10% off in Tony Kealys (among others)

laoislad

To be honest Tony Kealys are a little but more expensive than other places but it's worth it IMO.
We bought a SilverCross stroller and after a few weeks some of the stitching in the seat had started to come away. Brought it back and no problems they replaced it on the spot.
I'm not sure you'd get that in Mothercare to be honest.

heffo

Cheers folks, will look into all of that

screenexile

Lads gumtree is your friend. Forking out thousands of euro for new gear is not the way to go!!

PS. We bought a change table I'd say we've used less than 10 times and our child is 10 months. Very unnecessary!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2015, 11:50:06 PM
Lads gumtree is your friend. Forking out thousands of euro for new gear is not the way to go!!

PS. We bought a change table I'd say we've used less than 10 times and our child is 10 months. Very unnecessary!
I dunno,I'd only buy new. Each to their own though I suppose.
I don't agree with you about the changing table either,we use it all the time for our two.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2015, 12:09:11 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2015, 11:50:06 PM

I dunno,I'd only buy new. Each to their own though I suppose.
I don't agree with you about the changing table either,we use it all the time for our two.
Chang table? Fancy dans. The sofa/bed/floor is the ticket. Did yer mothers or grannys have a changing table?

Stall the Bailer

Always change them on my lap. No need for a table

The Subbie

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on October 11, 2015, 08:50:25 AM
Always change them on my lap. No need for a table

+1 to that, changing tables are a load of ballix.

maggie

How did anyone settle on deciding names or did you wait til they were born?

Went to Tony Kealeys in Belf didn't rate it at all. Staff didn't come near us-were too busy chatting to each other and as first timers we were clueless. Mamas and Papas were much better but v expensive so went to a place called Sandras on the Shore Rd. So helpful-went through each pram. Showed us how to collapse it, put on the car seat etc. Ended up leaving over the travel system, cot and bottle maker there so would defo recommend them.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

BenDover

Quote from: maggie on October 11, 2015, 02:30:32 PM
How did anyone settle on deciding names or did you wait til they were born?

Went to Tony Kealeys in Belf didn't rate it at all. Staff didn't come near us-were too busy chatting to each other and as first timers we were clueless. Mamas and Papas were much better but v expensive so went to a place called Sandras on the Shore Rd. So helpful-went through each pram. Showed us how to collapse it, put on the car seat etc. Ended up leaving over the travel system, cot and bottle maker there so would defo recommend them.

another vote for this place, been here twice before to get car seats - get a voucher through work for here. But the staff know their stuff.